Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 64 - Curse

Dex-chan lover
I honestly loved that ending. The demons don’t really seem all that bad so far. The one just attacked because they hit him first. And now our mc is fully forbidden from hurting the demon king. Maybe that’ll even keep the king away from him. Certainly doesn’t hurt that his spy was set free.

also, I think we can all agree that the spy is gonna be a cute girl right?

Dex-chan lover
I'd say that it's a pretty realistic portrayal of a regular person pleading for his life, and the opposing side just happens not to be someone bent on wanton destruction and murder.

The only thing that feels contrived for me is the demon being at the location at quite the right time.

Dex-chan lover
Reasonable demons? More likely than you think. The real villains here are the folks who kidnap children from otherworlds to conscript as soldiers afterall...
Yeah really, the moment the demon showed disdain for that mask it was immediately clear he was not some heartless monster. So many are acting like this was forced, but his objecting was clear, he is protecting the demon king. He doesn't enjoy killing so present him a way to do so that doesn't require any fighting, and he took it.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say that it's a pretty realistic portrayal of a regular person pleading for his life, and the opposing side just happens not to be someone bent on wanton destruction and murder.

The only thing that feels contrived for me is the demon being at the location at quite the right time.
I mean, he was in the general area, we knew that. As he said, he heard the fighting and commotion and came to see, though I think he may have lied about that, I think he was looking for hero's and has some way of sensing them. Its felt like he was slowly closing in for a while now.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update!

What the! Did he just use Talk no Jutsu on a Demon King? Wow!

Also, I still suspect that the king is totally lying about the magic stone thing. Or maybe not, because there is a possibility of the high power of the Demon King's magic stone that can be used for dimensional travel. But even if that is maybe true, the king is probably just hoarding all of its power instead of fulfilling his promise.
Thats not the demon king, its just one of their followers

Dex-chan lover
Quite the light curse he got , he can still fight other demons just not the demon king

Dex-chan lover
I get folks saying this was 'forced', but this series isn't one with a primary action focus. The main character likes to walk, cook, and make friends. Having an action oriented resolution to this would have gone against the spirit of the series.

Further, Ignis made clear in the prior chapter, he only attacked the human caravan because they attacked him first.

While he seems like the type to delight in the suffering of others, he doesn't seem like the type to go out of his way to cause it. He also specified he only cared about killing the MC because of the possibility of him killing the Demon King, not out of some wanton want for murder and destruction. The author was laying the ground work to demonstrate Ignis was, in spite of appearances, a relatively reasonable demon. He also noted that the chances of the main character becoming a danger was low as it stood.

This moment felt less like it was intended to be a climactic showdown, but rather a world building moment to make us go, 'okay, Demons have their own code, probably more to them and their war with the human kingdom'.

Its relatively cliche, sure, but I feel it was overall done well. There was adequate set up and pay off in my opinion, and I'd have a lesser opinion if somehow our main character developed an ability that let them overcome this situation via combat.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update!

What the! Did he just use Talk no Jutsu on a Demon King? Wow!

Also, I still suspect that the king is totally lying about the magic stone thing. Or maybe not, because there is a possibility of the high power of the Demon King's magic stone that can be used for dimensional travel. But even if that is maybe true, the king is probably just hoarding all of its power instead of fulfilling his promise.
yeah, I imagine repatriating if it is possible require nearly all of the magic stone power and they don't want to share.

Dex-chan lover
have the other summoned people been in the story since chapter i dont remember
they're mentioned once. it was the chapter where this spy was assigned to him.

I wonder why some of y'all are against a negotiating-type demons when the king is clearly using the otherworlders as his pawns. this is not the first time the humans are the bad ones.

Dex-chan lover
I get folks saying this was 'forced', but this series isn't one with a primary action focus. The main character likes to walk, cook, and make friends. Having an action oriented resolution to this would have gone against the spirit of the series.

Further, Ignis made clear in the prior chapter, he only attacked the human caravan because they attacked him first.

While he seems like the type to delight in the suffering of others, he doesn't seem like the type to go out of his way to cause it. He also specified he only cared about killing the MC because of the possibility of him killing the Demon King, not out of some wanton want for murder and destruction. The author was laying the ground work to demonstrate Ignis was, in spite of appearances, a relatively reasonable demon. He also noted that the chances of the main character becoming a danger was low as it stood.

This moment felt less like it was intended to be a climactic showdown, but rather a world building moment to make us go, 'okay, Demons have their own code, probably more to them and their war with the human kingdom'.

Its relatively cliche, sure, but I feel it was overall done well. There was adequate set up and pay off in my opinion, and I'd have a lesser opinion if somehow our main character developed an ability that let them overcome this situation via combat.
also don't forget the king is sus af, so he isn't actually on the side of humans, but on his friends, so even his plead makes sense as he said, he doesn't want to go against the demon king.

Power Uploader
Quel courage ce Sora ! Par contre, je suis curieux de voir par la suite comment il va enlever cette malédiction (s'il arrive à l'enlever).

Users who are viewing this thread