Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 14 Ch. 68 - In Order to Be the Younger Sister

Double-page supporter
GHGqziDXUAAwiNr.jpg:large

Dex-chan lover
Great character development for Kanoko. She's finally stopped asking someone else what she should do and now knows what she wants to do. I think in the moment she saw Sumika crying she thought back to Sumika saying "as long as the person she likes is happy, then she's happy" and realized she doesn't like seeing Sumika unhappy, thus finally reciprocating her feelings (at least on some level). Hard to say if Kanoko startes to have romantic feelings, but I think she has reached the stage where she's ok with earnestly trying out dating for her own interests and not just because Sumika wants it.

Dex-chan lover
what did she figure out? to string Sumika around and not love her as an lover ? what in fucks havens is this bitch gonna do that she hasn’t already done to make it worst?

is she gonna out of no were stop romantically love hime? or is she gonna be an greddy bitch and demand sumika to be tied to her and STILL love Hime too??

Dex-chan lover
Great character development for Kanoko. She's finally stopped asking someone else what she should do and now knows what she wants to do. I think in the moment she saw Sumika crying she thought back to Sumika saying "as long as the person she likes is happy, then she's happy" and realized she doesn't like seeing Sumika unhappy, thus finally reciprocating her feelings (at least on some level). Hard to say if Kanoko startes to have romantic feelings, but I think she has reached the stage where she's ok with earnestly trying out dating for her own interests and not just because Sumika wants it.
didn’t we just read the last chapter were Kanako makes it clear she still loves hime romanticaly? how did she changed out of god damn nowere just because for some stupid reason she whats to repay sumika by giving her an relationship, and she can’t for some stupid reason not just be friends and stop draging sumika on an lost path WASTING time and affection kanako so she might some DAY FINALY stop loving Hime, and like Sumika! cuz sure it works like that! ugh i hate Kanako can’t wait to be done with this dumb bitch

Dex-chan lover
Last chapter Sumika discussed what it would mean to really date, with Kanako. She asked Kanako if she would be capable of kissing her and Kanako was unable to follow through. This chapter ends with Kanako initiating a kiss on her own. That's probably an important connection.

Throughout these last few chapters, Kanako has wondered why Sumika seemed to accept the way things are so easily. She seemed to feel uneasy, sensing that something wasn't exactly right. She thought Sumika was being an idiot but couldn't pinpoint what it was.

It turns out Sumika wasn't being honest. Maybe finally seeing that mask fall changed something in Kanako. Can't say too much without seeing what direction it goes. I guess we'll see. Funnily enough, despite what she says, Kanako has fixated on Sumika for quite some time. She's pretty much only thinking of her now.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think Kanoko is slowly figuring out her own feelings. She is so attuned to Sumika's emotional state and needs in this chapter.

I really think service is Kanoko's love language, and it's been understandably difficult for Sumika to realize that given that Kanoko's initial acceptance of the relationship was transactional. I think this reframes the park scene where Kanoko was asking what she could do for Sumika - she wasn't aiming to resume a transaction-based relationship, but genuinely wanted to give Sumika the same sense of security and support she'd gotten from Sumika the night before.

Dex-chan lover
That was an awesome chapter, the play helped her understand what she wanted and she was able to come to her own conclusion, Thanks for the translation, I thought this wonderful manga got dropped and I am so happy to see this chapter

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused? I don't really understand what's happening anymore
Sumika's been putting on a tough face the entire time because the motto of Liebe is "prim and proper in all things". So she's been trying to deal with it "gracefully". But in actuality, she is very not okay with losing this relationship with Kanoko. You can see how Kanoko's lines keep chipping away at Sumika's composure because this is not simply an act to her. When Kanoko says that she's leaving, she feels as though Kanoko is leaving her. And it breaks her finally.

Meanwhile Kanoko realizes some things about what she wants out of the relationship. She kisses Sumika because the first time was because of what she thought Sumika wanted. This time she kisses Sumika because of what she wants to give her.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping that was a kiss goodbye and not we are lovers. This is her realizing she is signing off only to be sisters since after this whole arc that feels like a bad ship and instead should be Sumika and Nene

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping that was a kiss goodbye and not we are lovers. This is her realizing she is signing off only to be sisters since after this whole arc that feels like a bad ship and instead should be Sumika and Nene
you say this as if Nene didn't intentionally and systematically blow up her personal and working relationships with Sumika by playing a manipulative romance game, then hid from the emotional fallout it saddled Sumika with for the better part of a year

Dex-chan lover
OH
This mirrors when Sumika saw Kanoko cry and what made her wanted to support Kanoko. It was also the first time Kanoko allowed herself to appear vulnerable in front of someone else
Sumika tries so hard to put others' need before her own, it's only a matter of time before she starts falling apart.
Also reminds me of when Kanoka (manipulatively) pushed Sumika to confess to her.
Sumika doesn't just admit to her feelings very easily, huh. It always has to be spilling out of her.
Sounds like we'll finally see Sumika being vulnerable, as well as Kanoko being more confident and taking care of Sumika's feelings instead

Double-page supporter
I know that many readers think that this Arc has been too long (after all, it started back in Volume 9) and dislike it to some extent, but I'm sure that a lot of them will change their minds when (if) they reread it. I don't particularly like Kanoko, but her development during all these chapters has been great.

I love how, despite having almost 70 chapters, the series can still go almost any path regarding the relationships between its characters.

Dex-chan lover
I think everybody is just too hopeful of Kanoko.
She has said several times that she doesn't love Sumika romantically and I think this kiss was a "calm down" kinda act, so Sumika would stop crying.
I don't think she just all of sudden fell in love or started to.
And if indeed she isn't falling in love this kiss was just another egoistic act from her.

Users who are viewing this thread