5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 10 Ch. 86 - Sisters’ War - Exhibition Match

I KNEW IT WAS HER, BY THE WAY SHE ACTED IN THE FIRST CHAPTERS AND ALWAYS BEING NICE AND COMPLYING WITH HIM.

Fed-Kun's army
yeaaaaaa now yall will see yotsuba tru powah and now im calling out the mods who made that swipe-left-mikudex panel cuz ur waifu dun goofed now boiii

Dex-chan lover
Okay I think I need help processing the "everything is a lie" quote. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean in context to how ichika feels. I'm assuming it's not her admitting defeat and giving up, so Idk if it's a call back to something she said earlier with him.

Also plot twist Yotsuba lol. Hoping she gets her arc now. But with that said, what is Itsuki's shtick now? All that was going for her was everyone thinking she was the first girl, now she has nothing to give her character. Rip

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah I knew it was Yotsuba who was the Rena who met him years ago.

It felt like out of all the girls Yotsuba was the only one without a proper reveal of her. Plus from the flashback the girl Rena has the cheerfulness of Yotsuba.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, it's pulling a fucking nisekoi on us
changing the past midway through
"ACTUALLY YOU HAD MET ALL OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME! YOU IN NIGGA!"

@gregger I'm only thinking off the top of my head... But i think that Ichika said that to Fuutaro to basically put the chapter behind her and move on. Maybe she doesn't see herself worthy anymore or whatever to convince herself to move on and I have posted elsewhere when she told her sis this was probably their last vacation together, I think she's going to quit school and leave to pursue her acting career.

The truth will come out eventually that it wasn't all a lie and maybe he'll learn she did/does love him. Will it make a difference by then... Well see.

@gregger @donm527 from how she said this will be their last vacation together and other stuff im assuming she is planning to leave Japan or something like that for work or school and wanted him to stop thinking about her... Basically white flag... That's how i saw it...

Mixed feelings about this chapter.

I like that Yotsuba is finally getting focus and that Fuu & Itsuki still has a very interesting relationship. However, the resolution to the conflict between Miku and Ichika is really underwhelming. All that rising action towards the climax of this "Sister's War" arc feels fake now. All of Ichika's deception and Miku feeling sorry for herself... all of it now feels like a cheap plot device to create expectations for the readers and then "surprise" them with a "shortcut" solution.

Ichika is able to develop, but there are no lasting negative consequences to her actions. Her sisters still trust her just from her actions last chapter despite her many previous deceptions, and Fuu still respects and cares for her. I AM NOT SAYING HE SHOULD JUST DESPISE Ichika but the execution to why he feels that way needs more context. AND NO ICHIKA IS FAR NOT OUT AS A POTENTIAL BRIDE TO FUU.

For Miku, she just made feelings ambiguous really. Basically, just like before this Kyoto trip. Fuu already suspects that she has feelings for him since the end of the Scrambled Eggs arc, which is further confirmed by the events on top of the hill, his conversation in the bus with Yotsuba, and Miku's reactions prior to her confession, but she just makes her feelings ambiguous in a form of a tease. SO HER POSITION IS REALLY NO DIFFERENT TO NINO... they are in the WAITLIST. Only that Nino's confession is non-ambiguous, and Miku's is ambiguous. Ambiguity normally results in misunderstandings and frustration soo... yeah.

Double-page supporter
I'm still confused by Itsuki's role in this story, and the past few chapters have been making me doubt this headcanon, but I'm hoping Itsuki stays a friend as opposed to a love interest to Fuu.

Maybe it's just the release schedule but I'm getting pretty bored of the "who's who" stuff. I suppose it's a gimmick that quintuplets are uniquely posed to make use of but it has long overstayed its welcome in the narrative.

I knew there was something off with the 1st appearance of Rena. Yotsuba was there (track and field practice excuse) giving me a hint that maybe she was Rena. Ever since then, I've been reading this convincing myself that Yotsuba might end up as the bride. Reading nico's theory fortified my guess (and heck he/she/apache maybe even figured out it way earlier and analyzed it to such extent, read it guys). My logical part of brain argues that Yotsuba is the one, but my illogical one still hopes that maybe...just maybe Miku will win... but so far... there's no way she would. Yotsuba might be the one.

Dex-chan lover
Well... Ichika was not entirely wrong saying everything was a lie. She did lie on several occasions. Pretending to be asleep in order to rest on the MC's shoulder. Pretending to act like a big sis while harbouring romantic feeling to the MC the entire time. I sincerely hope that she is not bowing out of this. Among all the sister she has always been the more mature one (up to the point where she pretended to be Miku) and without her the quints wouldn't have been able to start living alone and continue to associate with the MC up to the present.

She deserves better than this...

Also, what a curve ball about Yotsuba. Finally getting the attention she deserves. All that's left unclear is Itsuki I suppose.

Group Leader
Come on... he can’t end up with Yotsuba... she’s the least likely! Not what I was expecting AT ALL!

i'll be really pissed off if Yotsuba win at the end like this. Because she was really like a gosh and doesn't really tried to "seduce" or be "seduce" by Usegi. It's only my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread