ivv

Dex-chan lover
wtf... I almost thought chika will enter ishigami's haren xD

Group Leader
Hey! I’m the typesetter, and now that we have the CN raws, there were some (maybe) mistranslations. Here are the edits:
Page 4:
How annoying -> How troublesome
Page 5:
How nauseating -> You’re kinda freaking me out here…
Page 16:
If I was this stubborn, that would’ve been bad. -> Nothing good will come from acting so tsun.
Thank god I learned sooner rather than later -> Hurry up and realize that!
As always, rough TLs will always be rough TLs and will probably lose a lot of nuance. So always take them with a grain of salt and wait for JB’s release before deciding anything. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
On the topic of Tsubame’s university being a 28 minute train ride away...

What’re the chances she legit doesn’t know how close that technically is? Since she had to ask what time the last train leaves it gave me a bit of an impression that she might not know the Japanese train schedules much at all. With all the weirdly cunningly clever stuff Aka has done, I find it weirder that he’d make an oversight like this. This sort of mistake to me, seems intentional.

Aggregator gang
Ishigami is a true Chad. I bet Iino is not the last girl who will fall for him.

Are the people hating on Iino so hard choosing to ignore the quite obvious fact that she's a socially awkward teen just like Ishigami is and is having a difficult time expressing herself with him properly? The title of the chapter only reinforces this. She's being a bit harsh with him, yes, but it's pretty obvious that she's doing it to get him all to herself if you bother to observe her expressions and reactions this chapter, and also pay attention during her actions last chapter while drunk.

That said, the Tsubame ship isn't fully sunk either like I thought.

Dex-chan lover
@GoldenUmi
Are the people hating on Iino so hard choosing to ignore the quite obvious fact that she's a socially awkward teen just like Ishigami is and is having a difficult time expressing herself with him properly?
And if the positions were reversed, you'd join the crowd hating on Ishigami. You are only giving Iino a pass because she's a girl.

She's being a bit harsh with him
That's one hell of a understatement, she was full on toxic with him. And to make matters worse, she verbally kicked a depressed dude while he was down and made him suicidal.

Group Leader
@Rheeve Uh, I don't think you ever need to worry about a "crowd hating on Ishigami", considering how popular he is. And no, obviously no one is giving her a pass because she's a girl. People are able to understand where she's coming from. That's why.

"Full on toxic", what does that mean. Also, she had no idea how sad Ishigami actually was, which is why she's so visibly shocked when he's crying. She tries to convey to Ishigami that it really isn't that big of a deal, since as she sees it, it's something that could be resolved easily, but she messes up. Also, Iino's role in that was very small. Even Ishigami knows that.

I wanna see kaguya soooo bad!!!!!! But still great chapter sorry for the rejection my dude guys go through it alot. Learn from this mistake and come back stronger to make that girl that safe your life love you. Hope for more romance and not ending this manga with no cliffhangers please!!!!

@Rheeve I think you're jumping to conclusions and making assumptions, but okay. Define exactly how Iino is being "full on toxic". For the record if the positions were reverse and people were hating on Ishi my response would remain the same: pay attention to the little details the author is throwing in to indicate what a character is really thinking. Iino's smug toward Ishi is about the same as Kaguya toward the prez (and Ishi as well actually) at times. It's not toxic, it's just how she is and how she communicates with him.

ALSO, you're trying to say Iino's words made him suicidal. True she was being too harsh with him there, but Ishi was so depressed at that moment it wouldn't have made any difference. And also, to be absolutely clear (and I thought it was the opposite on my first glance), despite his thoughts Ishigami did NOT actually try to kill himself. He tripped in the moment due to being lost in his depression. Also, you completely avoid the fact that Iino saved him.

Dex-chan lover
@GoldenUmi I mean, Iino is being pretty toxic. It's all in character for her and is just how she does things, but the way she treated Ishigami never sat well with me, and it only got worse this time around.

Kicking a guy with verbal abuse that twists the knife while he's at an extreme low point is absolutely too far (though I don't think it explicitly pushes him to be suicidal). And after that, she's essentially forcing Ishigami to do whatever she wants by guilt tripping him-essentially emotional blackmail.

The thing with Iino that always annoyed me is that she's a massive hypocrite; this is something that just happens to be extra pronounced when she interacts with Ishigami. The main reason this happens is because she's unquestioningly self-righteous so she tends to judge the entire world by her own black and white standard...except when she has personal emotional stakes in it, like Fujiwara, crew cuts, or outright sexism. If she feels like it, then whatever nasty thing she imposes on others (especially Ishigami) is okay.

Group Leader
@Psychronia I feel like it's something that will be explained later on, because it seems Iino genuinely can't understand why Ishigami is so broken up about this. From her perspective, it isn't a big deal so she doesn't even think Ishigami was that hurt by it. This is sorta tied in to the title "Miko Iino Can't Love" (though this will probably be tied together in the future as did with "And thus, Ishigami Yuu closed his eyes"). She also later again asks Ishigami why he's crying, like she can't understand why he ever would even though it's plainly obvious to the reader. Dunno, but I feel like there's something deeper that causes this disconnect of understanding.

Honestly, what makes Iino so interesting is that she is a hypocrite. It shows that her values aren't as solid (or as true to herself) as she may believe and most likely something she doesn't actually hold that dear.

Dex-chan lover
Iino is just a selfish prick, that's all there is. Her dedication came from the desire to impose her own ideals upon other on the position of power. This is why Iino is comfortable black-mailing Ishigami, she revel in the position of power, even if she herself criticize Kaguya for manipulating people back in student council election.

Group Leader
@Stadenwick if she really was, it makes no sense why she would go back to save him. Aka even tells us through Maki that the whole “I’m gonna make him do stuff” is a front.

@Stadenwick, blackmailing Ishigami? WTF? This can't be called blackmailing, she didn't threaten him or anything like that. He is doing all of this on his own accord, because he feels guilty and grateful for saving him.

Calling her manipulative is BS. She has a strange personality, and she isn't always sincere, but she cares about him genuinely. She clearly felt something bad could happen, and followed him to the stairs, if that's not a proof of her feelings, what is? Not sure if she likes him in a romantic way, but he is like an annoying older brother to her, if anything: she criticizes him constantly and makes fun of him, but he is still very dear to her.

As for Tsubame, she is also not as bad as people make her. Popular people thots and whatnot is just a trend today, I get it, but she didn't do anything to deserve it. She clearly has some feelings for him, but she isn't sure whether she can start a serious relationship with someone, so she wanted to at least share some intimate time with the person she likes, and thought that at least it would make him happy. Of course it was a stupid decision on her part, but everyone makes mistakes. And after what has happened, her feeling for him will only grow stringers, since now she can clearly see that he isn't just after her body. If it was the case, he obviously wouldn't stop himself there. So yeah, now that she knows that for sure, it wouldn't be surprising if she falls for him hard (and we can already see signs of that happening in this chapter).

Really interested to see how it will turn out in the end.

@Psychronia tbh it's a very much viable strategy to push someone out of depression. People tend to close themselves in when depressed, and negativity will pile up just like that. When someone you know makes fun of you, it creates a feeling of mild annoyance that pushes the focus away from depression. We can see by Ishigami's reaction that it worked when he burst out how it's still hard. I mean, you won't normally say something like that, so he was obviously agitated.

I can totally agree that Miko is a hypocrite, in a sense that she clearly doesn't understand herself all that well, but I disagree that she is toxic. It's her usual behaviour, but it doesn't create any bad feelings in Ishigami, like actual toxic behaviour. If anything, it also helps to distract him from feeling depressed, by replacing his seemingly big problem of being rejected with a small but urgent and annoying one of having to look after Miko (which he would do anyway, but to a lesser extent).

Users who are viewing this thread