holy fucking shit. when Grisha said that he would be showing Eren the basement he was looking at grown up Eren
KixPJWA.jpg
. it was in the first fucking chapter. and now look at this chapter
rtKQNgX.jpg
. the foreshadowing is just godly man.

So, I think the one that truly 'attack titan' obeys is Eren, the one that truly want to topple the 'founder titan'. Because of Eren, the previous user of 'attack titan' got controlled by him I think.

XWOuu8G.gif

I honestly don't know what else to say. Hajime motherfucking Isayama did it (yet) again.

Lux

Power Uploader
When in fiction it is possible to influence the past it's almost inevitable that some plotholes will come out. This choice by Isayama, foreshadowed or not, is a questionable for sure.

But, on his defense, i think it was a smart and exciting way to use the titans/path lore to finally reveal how Eren was never anyone's puppet, he was master and literally weaver of his own destiny all along. Well not that it was a surprise, but it was still a necessary aspect of the story that needed to be addressed. And finally the memes and also the people who really believe Eren has been brainwashed will stop lol.

So, yeah, it's a resolution that stirs mixed feelings, but i don't think it's as bad as some readers here make it out to be, it has both his pro and cons.

Banned
Why do people calling it asspull. While it's not obvious the author has put the answer all along on chapter 1 title. Most people would have made the connection when Kruger mentioned Armin and Mikasa.

The author have planned it since chapter one. Considering it took him 3 years from oneshot to serialization i say that he has been thinking it carefully.

If you read closely Eren said that he saw the future **through** Grisha's memories. That means that current Eren only knows what Future Eren showed Grisha. Eren doesn't know everything. And as he said from the moment he was born he was only himself. That means that future Eren either couldn't or didnt want to show his past self what he did due to his own values. Eren only knows what Grisha was shown.

As for the time travel. I dont think it's Eren projecting to the past but rather the one's from the past being directed to the future. If instead of Eren's will going back in time the will of the current Attack Titan connecting to the future successor's memories. Grisha has said the special quality of the Attack Titan was future sight. They were are all shown the future that Eren had carved and are being directed to it. As for him seeing Eren and Zeke. Think of it as if he sees Eren's future. He knows that they were looking at his memories. It's not as if they are actually there. He was shown the future and because he knows he was directed. If he didn't see the future he might not have killed the Reiss family and none of this would have happened. But he saw it. The Attack Titan's power isn't time travel, its future sight.

It's not as if Eren is controlling them. It's not as if Eren is changing the past either. Grisha said it himself that he did this out of his own will. He was shown the future through his special characteristic of the Attack Titan. He is simply doing what he has to do to reach that future he was shown. There are infinite amount of futures. Unlimited because the future isnt set in stone. They just happened to see the one where Eren's wish came true.

If we look a little deeper, it can be assumed that almost every previous holder of the Attack Titan must have seen parts of Eren's memories.

Banned
@lux
"he was master and literally weaver of his own destiny all along. "

That is actually nice words considering how much Eren want to be free looking at outside worlds and not want to be tied down because of the titan. In a sense he is free although can be argued it is all because of future him.

Dex-chan lover
@agtra
There's people calling this asspull?
Because I am nowhere seeing that this manga is getting rushed.

It's paced really nicely.

Dex-chan lover
Time travelling shenanigans is the mark of good writing.

It is true /s

Dex-chan lover
The plot is convoluted as heck and quite badly told. I think it has gotten this way because of his inexperience and no doubt some influence by his editors. I thought this would turn out to be like Air Gear. Convoluted but a thorough read through can give answer to all questions as the story itself is quite simple. This on the other hand is more carefully planned but not carefully told. It spiral out of control as he adds multiple characters, subplot, flash back, dreams, memories together, trying to tell a larger story. Unfortunately perhaps because of his own inexperience, he left the readers more confused and puzzled than excited. The tale is amazing. If better told, it might have been the epic of the age, a forerunner in turning blurring the line between Shonen and Seinen. Unfortunately, I think the animation studio might have to pick up the slack and form in into some form of cohesion.

I have bad reading comprehension and therefore this story is convoluted

@duylinh it doesn't help that the characters aren't super distinguishable, so with these on and off updates, it's easy to forget who's who. Plus, if you lose track of even the slightest info, you will spiral and get even more confused. Just consider the fact that Eren's entire motive as a character has taken an entire 180 from the start of the series, to the end now.

Dex-chan lover
I knew the attack titan had foresight but it's quite strong for it to have the ability to even influence the past

but I think the Foresight only works when the future user willed it If Eren did not want to let the past see the future then they will not be able to do it. Which mean if Eren saw his future then the next attack titan should have shown him what happened and Eren showed that future to his dad.

WTF, need to re read all previous chapter ASAP.
So much happen to you in one chapter huh zeke?

Fed-Kun's army
ZEKE IS RIKE!
ZEKE IS RIKE!
ZEKE IS RIKE!
ZEKE IS RIKE!

this kind of reminds me of Dark series from Netflix. Time feedback loops causing people to influence each other's past and future over and over, when in the end things that are happening are still going to happen despite any ongoing conflicts of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread