I think it’s been said better by others. This is the equivalent of fisting yourself then giving people the middle finger. Sure I’d be insulted, if I could see it.

Dex-chan lover
... What's with all you people creating unnecesary drama over so insignificant matter? Both the scanlators and readers acts like obnoxious kids...

''... What's with all you people creating unnecesary drama over so insignificant matter? Both the scanlators and readers acts like obnoxious kids...''

Exactly

"... What's with all you people creating unnecesary drama over so insignificant matter? Both the scanlators and readers acts like obnoxious kids..." @Kuraiaku

Yup

I'm not sure how reading the scans == supporting the scanlators/snipers.
Also, some other mangas have a few scanlation teams working on them at the same time, and they're fine with it.

So why the drama?

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, I've seen this kind of thing a lot of times before. So all ethical questions aside, I want to say something pragmatic to the people who are happy with speed-scan sniping because they figure it means a lot of chapters quickly from the competition: In the short term, yes. There are always a flurry of chapters in this kind of situation; it prods the original group to go faster, and the snipers go even faster to keep ahead of them and rub it in their faces.
But in the medium term, no. Normal scanlation groups aren't in it to compete; they want to do something they find interesting and get a bit of ego-boost from a pleasant supportive community schtick. Competition from snipers grinds down their morale and they generally quit after a bit. And you might think that's fine, that leaves the snipers and they're faster anyway and I don't care about quality. The problem is, snipers generally are motivated by competition. They'll keep on for a while after the original group buggers off, just to prove a point, but in 20 years or so of reading manga, I have never seen a speed-scan sniping group finish a manga. Not once. They get bored and drop it after a while when they don't have the fun of competing with someone and creating drama.
So my prediction is, in a while this will get dropped and lie fallow for at least a year before someone unrelated picks it up. Maybe two years, maybe forever. Luckily it's been pretty obvious from the first time the duke was mentioned what's going to happen so it's not like we're going to get cliffhung.

@TheAngryQueen

Lmao please, "given they didn't have enough support so they dropped it" they had plenty of support but they dropped it because of the unnecessary backlash NNG stans be throwing at them and it was just not worth it anymore to be translating something someone else took up. Maybe y'all should have taken that side note seriously about not supporting snipers since look what happens when you do heh, everyone wants a chance at that troll business. So what if they wrote a note. Oh look NNG had notes in every single one being all pitiful, I wonder what that meant. The moment they had everyone spamming Claude forever was the moment they involved y'all too.

Ofc there will be petty ppl joining in the fun, but to think d&a is the one behind it is plain dumbfuckery lol. I guess to think they're not is plain dumbfuckery too if u wanna go there except they've been busy with their other scanlating shit too lazy to give a fuck anymore about this drama

And I ain't cleaning my mouth before typing anything, what's the point of stating an ~opinion~ & "what I think" if it's all pure and not what I want to get across? Absolutely pointless. I'm stating an opinion that y'all are stupid just as you can state your own that I'm a bitch (or not if u wanna be all polite and sugary righteous and shit lmao)

I don't care a shit about this at all, because I can read this project in Spanish.
But, just to let you all know, this drama is only disrespecting the author and their project.
Scanlators do their projects for free because they love what they do. If you suddenly post the chapter 30 with a gap of 10 chapters you're not making fun of readers, you're making fun of the author, and yourself.
It's a shame. All of this is a shame. I'll keep reading this in Spanish and enjoy the project with scanlators who really care about this.
Goodbye guys. Hope you learn some courtesy soon. And sorry for my bad English ^^

This reminds me of that one webtoon scanlation where the translator demanded readers to donate.
He threatened to release trashy translations with shitty memes. I mean wtf.

@ggfapday, D&A lives rent-free in these guys heads. I very much doubt they can be reasoned out of their thinking when their thinking isn't reasonable to begin with. Besides, the more they blame D&A, the more D&A's legend grows.

@cynic, note that the "villainess" is D&A, the "white lotus" is NNG, and the actual villains were the greedy readers who jumped onboard NNG's train because they were fast uploaders even if the translations were trash. Now that D&A is gone and NNG lost interest, all the readers have left are troll scanlators. This toxic readership deserves all the grief they have been getting.

@Snappygir, heh, I have access to non-watermarked raws myself, and I am obviously not part of D&A. Who knows, I may be operating burnable MD accounts to troll and increase the paranoia of the anti-D&A readers...

oh yea d&a the "villainess" 🤣 love that comparison(not that it make it true tho)

and d&a deserve all the shit they're getting right now

Dex-chan lover
@Kon4ta D&A the villainess, lol. Very fitting. After all, the core defining trait of a stereotypical villainous noble is pettiness.

@Redice, really, I thought the characteristic trait of a villainess is being misunderstood. Then again, I hardly expect barbarians who don't know the villainess genre to get it.

Could anyone explain to me what's going on? Why are we skipping over chapters? I tried reading the comments, and from what I gathered it's some kind of drama / competition??
I am fairly new to mangadex and webcomics, so I would highly appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread