πŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚come on guys continue the snipe. Its good I can read this manhwa, not waiting too long
CONTINUE THE SNIPE πŸ˜‚.
We read it for free so I will not complain , if translation is good, i dont mind.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜·
again Thank you Author and illustrator of The Duchess With An Empty Soul.
This get a drama and popular now, so whatever.

Dex-chan lover
@eva3071 There's more to the world than just the isekai genre. Also, how many sticks do you have up your ass? You might wanna pull those out first before it gets worse.

ALSO, calling others "barbarians", role playing the villainous noble much?

Fed-Kun's army
@dragbax One group was translating this series and another started doing it as well which is considered sniping and rude. First group stopped due to people reading 2nd group's translations and not waiting for theirs and a lack of support from readers. Multiple chapters, of varying quality, have been posted with burner accounts that usually are removed before too long and seem to be trolling. This chapter is another troll of several the past few days.

Some people support 1st group and hate snipers. Others think that they are being petty(as well as behind the burner accounts). 2nd group supporters liked the faster upload rate even if the quality was lower. All of that and more = drama.

I imagine most people just want to read the story and don't pay super close attention to who or what group is translating it. Might be missing some details, but I think that's the broad strokes.

well he has a point no one is forcing us to read the chapter ... i'm just grateful that someone is translating this i absolutely don't care what font you use or how good is the translation , as long as it makes sense i'm ok with it ,it will be even more nice if you guys cooperate and get this at a faster rate ... the web is full of good mangas/w comics, there will never be a shortage of good stuff to translate and get recognition for . I will read and support whoever wants to translate what i read even if its multiple scanslators even for the same chapter , i will put this on hold for the next month until this drama is finished ...it's kind of sad to see this happening ,

@dragbax here's the timeline made by @RaoulD

A timeline of events up until. I'm 95% certain I've not missed anything and only reposting here at @kavyna request, send complaints there.

The first group to translate this series was Devil & Angel Scans (D&A). The first 4 chapters came once per month. Two days after D&A released Chapter 4, No Named Group (NNG) released Chapter 5. It received a lot of criticism for the image sizes being inconsistent and the translation being bad ("...If I think about it, Gaspal can only screaming to it") and an overuse of "Oppa". 22 and a half hours later they released Chapter 6. The translation quality had improved but was still in dire need of a proof reader whose native language was English, since in a credits note, they state that their native language is not English and they are translating this series for practice. If you did not like the translations, you did not have to read them and could wait for someone else.

6 hours after that D&A released their Chapter 5. The next day, NNG release their Chapter 7, which is where the drama really took off. The credits note for this chapter asked "Do you guys want us to keep translating it or not? Comment "Claude Forever" if you do and "Love Tristan" if you don't." If you look through the comments on that Chapter, you will see a lot of support, because they are fast, but those opposing it mention the fact that they are sniping, they have taken a project that D&A was working on a lot more carefully out of their hands for practice.

The next day, they released Chapter 8 and their credits note reiterated "If you don't like our translations, wait for another group," since they know their version is far from perfect and they aren't asking anyone to stop translating the series. 6 hours later, D&A released Chapter 9. This is the only part that needs to be "leaked" but there's so little that it's entirely irrelevant. D&A messaged NNG regarding the fact that they have sniped the series and received no response. The note also explains why they take issue with sniping and ask people to not support sniping.

One curious part of the credits note is that it begins with "We have not given permission to anyone." If you take it literally, it is a wildly arrogant statement. If you grant the benefit of the doubt, it may be in the same style as a father giving his permission to man to marry his daughter, an acknowledgement that they are equally care for the daughter/series.

An hour and a half later, NNG release their Chapter 9 with a credits note. They state that they have just learned that they have been sniping, despite this being mentioned in the comments of most of their prior chapters. After being accused of sniping the series by D&A, they accused D&A of sniping them by releasing Chapter 9 before them. It continues saying that they don't understand why they must ask for permission and this is all illegal anyway. After this, they ask a question "What should we do? Comment "Tristan Lover" for us to do Chapters 1 to 4, "Baron Gaspal" for "our own version of Chapter 1 only" and "Claude Forever" for them to carry on with Chapter 10."

Two and a half hours later, they release Chapter 10 with a credits note. It's mostly thanking people for their support and another "CLAUDE FOREVER!!! XD" but a comment was included, which is quite curious for fairness' sake. "If there are people who say they won't [read our works], then it's okay. We know you're reading it anyway ;)" If you take it literally, it's incredibly petty. If you grant them the benefit of the doubt, it's them being playful as they state later.

2 days later, Chapter 11 releases with a credits note to read the comments. This is where their response to D&A's message is found. "We are new to this scanslation things and we're having fun while we doing it. We haven't responded to you because we were scared you will tell us to stop releasing this manhwa." They got confused that they received the message after Chapter 6, not Chapter 5 and because they were deliberating how to respond and got positive feedback, having already finished their Chapter 7 and spent more time translating instead of addressing the message.

They continue that since this is all illegal "why there was so much rules in here?" and "Why can't we both release our works?" If that is their stance, why their initial fear in being asked to not translate the series, they can just ignore D&A's (in this case) request because multiple groups can work on a series.

They end with a message to those asking them to stop sniping the series, "we'll repeat it for the third time, please wait for another group version if you don't like our translation. Or please consider blocked our group."

This is where large message in credits note come to an end

Everything was quiet for a week and in the credits of Chapter 15, NNG announce they are slowing down for Chinese New Year. Two days after that D&A translate every Chapter from 6 to 18 and announce that they are dropping the series.

player3, an account made 5 days prior to the mass release, released Chapter 16 also prior to this mass release but it got removed. They later uploaded Chapter 19 25 hours after the mass release, which Kiracy re-released it in a different font. Theilikepie uploaded a literal image of a troll also under the name of Chapter 19, but the latter have been removed

player4, an account made the day after the mass release, uploaded Chapter 20 some time after. Due to the fact that the font apparently changed 3 times in one text box and had text running out of the bubbles, it was removed.

thegoodplayer, an account made a day after plaer3's Chapter 19 released Chapter 21. This is a random person, clearly playing with the fact that player3 and player4 aren't taking this series seriously. The drama doesn't involve them, and the series now has three tribes and some free men. The NNG tribe, the D&A tribe and the popcorn-eating tribe. Since NNG never responded to D&A to resolve the drama that they created it's devolved into this.

The D&A tribe are shit out of luck because translations will come to a stop at Chapter 18 - after all, NNG asked them to block them.

The NNG tribe don't need to care, they'll continue to get their fast releases after NNG return from CNY

The popcorn-eating tribe can move onto the next drama because I have serious doubts that shitflinging and one-off sniping will become a staple of this series. I don't think another group would waste their time translating something that is already being translated when there are so many other series to pick from that are dead.

EDIT: Included the information provided by @Rockdrop.

Aggregator gang
Woah, suddenly chapter 30? But Ivona is getting prettier xD
Another reason for women to not marry the ones they love but don't love them.

Even though I prefer the D&A translation, I think I'm gonna sided with the No Name Group for this one. Translating like this is illegal and the one who has the real rights and authority is the author and publisher.

Is D&A the official translation team for this series?
The answer is no. They don't have the right to stop other people to translate this series, whether you like it or not.

You cannot just say, "Hey don't translating this series! We're the one do this first!" because people are gonna read it anyway. Besides if you're good with your works then people will prefer your translation more than the other group. You can't just blame people for reading. The more famous the work, the more people will crave for a new content. You should know that.

Another point that makes me sided with NNG is that NNG doesn't force us to read. They do it just for fun and practice. If you want to have fun with them then read that. If you don't like it then don't read it. DLDR. As simple as that. Now we can see who's really being petty here.

I'm sorry, D&A, but I'm just a grateful reader. Be it you or them, you guys did a good job translating this. But that doesn't give you the right to monopolise this series, you have to accept that. Anyway I'm grateful though, thanks for your works.

LOL!!!!!! Chile this mess is a mess indeed. Thankfully I'm not too crazy about mangas anymore. (I'm been around for awhile now, nothing new here and by that I mean this whole mess with the translating groups) The ones who's it's unfair for is the author and the genuine readers. They did a terrible disservice to the author. It's a nice story but with all this mess, it has lost its appeal and I'll be just looking to see how it ends.

@ggfapday

The sense of what I said is that they felt they had not enough support and they felt offended that most of the readers decided to read first the fastestes released chapter.
And don't "give the shit" that they dropped this project just because "someone else took it up". There was no peaceful witness passage between these two groups.
Said that, the other group is no Saint neither. I never said otherwise. They could have been really new or they just wanted to creat chaos. Either way the "sniper" group was not stable. What I mean is it was simple to foretell they would easily drop this project.
And D&A knew that. However they felt offended by the normal curiosity of the readers and they did some petty and childish act.
The reader didn't do anything wrong. D&a's translation was not an official release and their group did not pay a royalty to the author.

"Maybe y'all should have taken that side note seriously about not supporting snipers since look what happens when you do heh"
I couldn't care less. It there were an official translation I would not be here.
Their note felt more like a treat than anything else. They (as the first theft) wanted to impose a monopoly over the manga they do not own. They should have let it go and treasure the people who supported them reading their translations (they should have treasured me and you, if you are not one of them).

"Ofc there will be petty ppl joining in the fun, but to think d&a is the one behind it is plain dumbfuckery lol. I guess to think they're not is plain dumbfuckery too if u wanna go there except they've been busy with their other scanlating shit too lazy to give a fuck anymore about this drama"
The first alt account was created few days before D&A dropped the project. The third party should have had some foresight to tell they could use this account to slander D&A "reputation"! Such a good fortune teller! I would love to have their insightful vision for the future.
If they (D&A) had behaved differently, we would have thought differently.
Well, "you receive what you deserve"

i see people hating on nng but i don't think they did anything wrong , i mean both teams illegally translates and if ur really hating on them why don't u block them ?!
as for their quality of work ...sure it was not great at first but the last few chs were great and u can really see that they are spending more time and effort on them

Double-page supporter
@ManlyMan6545 Thanks, I thought I was taking crazy pills and seeing things in my sleep deprivation or something...
I read the raws, by read I mean look at the pretty pictures and guess the gist of what's happening so I'm not really caring at this point about all the drama llama bullshit going on but I do like knowing if I'm seeing things for real or not. It gets confusing as disappearing re-appearing ink.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, why remove chapter 29? where is chapter 22-28?
KKK this is getting spice...

Honestly D&A are being assholes over something they benefit from as much as anyone else.

Currently scanlations 'work' based on a combination of an honor system and supply and demand market behavior. D&A are complaining because the 'sniping' part of the model just hit them, but that's they price they pay for the independence they have.

If D&A had their way and Mangadex tried playing the market overseer, they'd quickly start complaining about that as well. What they call sniping is simply another scanlation providing a higher value to the reader (in this case faster releases). Readers tend to prioritise speed up to a certain point so this works quite well. This is pretty much the only thing that keeps scanlations in check as well. There's nothing else that keeps scanlations from providing yearly or, in some other way, shitty scanlations.

If D&A had their way, you'd have scanlations making 'dibs' on series, way beyond their means to deliver. You'd have scanlations hoarding series they barely work on and clinging to series they are not qualified to be scanlating (due to a lack of skill). D&A would probably be the first to complain when that happens and they can't take over a series or start having trouble finding any series, new or old, to translate that hasn't already been claimed.

So yeah. It's a shitty system, but unless we want a centralized system that oversees all scanlation groups, almost a mega-group, then this is the best we can have. Not to mention that the illegality of this kind of thing means that anyone that gets too big gets knocked the fuck down.

So what should D&A have done? They should have talked to the other group and figured out some mutual arrangement, sped up their releases (since it was clear people preferred faster releases to higher quality), taken a break, dropped the series or just continued on as usual. D&A seemed sure that the other scanlators would fall apart in quick order. If that's the case, why didn't they simply let the other series take care of a couple of chapters and take a short break, or simply continue releasing and wait until they fall apart? Remember that there was nothing keeping D&A from releasing. This was entirely a matter of them not liking that people were reading the other scanlators chapters instead of theirs. If they're doing this to be popular, then they're just as bad as the sniping group. Which brings me to them.

Just because D&A was wrong, does not mean NNG were right. There is an honor system in scanlation and NNG very much broke it. A group should contact any other group they know is already taking care of a specific series. It's easy and it avoids issues. There is also a gentleman's agreement that people wont abuse the market system and go after negligible improvements over other scanlators, such as slightly better scans, slightly faster releases or working your way through the backlog faster than the other. NNG clearly overstepped in this regard. They were greedy for the popularity of the series and jumped on it. D&A were making really good releases and were doing it at a perfectly fine pace.

So, to summarize: Both scanlators were in the group and acted like children as they both wanted to be popular and prioritised that over everything else.

@mahtan they haven't been released yet. Chapter 23+ is still to be translated properly.

The TL:DR reason this happened is:
A group of dickheads started translating this faster despite another group already doing a good job. This new group of dickheads got popular because they prioritize speed over quality. So the old group of dickheads (D&A) who translate slower but produce better work started spam posting spoilers to mess with readers.

Personally, I like D&A's work. But I get why readers will read lower quality stuff if it's released faster. So considering that this new group will probably die off fast, D&A could solve this by just lowering their production quality a bit to compete until this group dies off. That or keep filling my feed with spam chapters...

I agree with Spiderbait.

I appreciate the work from both groups and your efforts however... why are you making your lives so difficult? I wonder if you two groups understand the bigger picture of life? It's just so much drama?
Are you guys bored? I'm not even joking. I'm just flabbergasted. Why are you guys so angry at each other and the readers while still doing scanlations for readers you're angry at?
I mean, I guess I should be glad if the group(s) want to continue to scan it despite being disgruntled at us? But ... It just feels... I don't understand. Like what is even fueling this? It feels like the group(s) like the drama and attention at this point to be honest...

Users who are viewing this thread