Dex-chan lover
fuck that store owner. now, you're her slave to help her store.

being a territory with lowest tax rate, prepare to get a flood of immigrant and watch your everything (housing, food, job, etc) run out

Dex-chan lover
@Dezaki
being a territory with lowest tax rate, prepare to get a flood of immigrant and watch your everything (housing, food, job, etc) run out
If anything, she needs more human resources. She's been on about that for the past few chapters. She said the fishing village doesn't have many people in it.
Housing isn't a problem - there's plenty of wilderness to settle into.
Food won't be a problem if there are more hands to till the soil and cast fishing nets.
Jobs won't be a problem either as there's a shortage of people. Once there are enough people on farms and boats and enough resources to go around with, new craftsman jobs can safely open up.

@Savok
Her territory is tiny
3 villages and a town? It might be a remote territory, but what she has seems to be a lot and she has it all to herself.

Also once the territory is large enough for multiple shops it's going to be a problem, but it's quite clear she's not interested in running a democratic free market.
Wasn't her shop pretty much just a general store? Unless she plans to expand her market, I think there's still plenty of space for a free market. Perhaps the plan was to supply her territory with her own goods rather than have some other merchants profit off of the only shop in her territory.

Also, I don't think her territory can really grow in area. She can cultivate the land and have her territory prosper, but there are only her allies' lands beyond her borders iirc.

Dex-chan lover
@TWAIN Produce cycle, brought to you by thesaurus.
eaxjC6p.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth

Also, I don't think her territory can really grow in area. She can cultivate the land and have her territory prosper, but there are only her allies' lands beyond her borders iirc.

Unless she expands out by sea.
All she would have to do is find close by islands to establish fishing villages on.
Not to mention she is 100% able to just "invent" a ship able to cross oceans to expand outside her territory, but that would take alot more work.

But yeah, everything she plans to do is theoretically possible even if it would take alot of work for some things...and practically its going to be a nightmare to implement.
Her council is also strangely open to reforms they have never even heard about.
In reality it was/ still is usually really hard to convince people to try new things out of the fear that it did not work out and they lost a lot of money / time / resources trying new things out....
And the general fear of the unknown.

Looks like Mitsuha read one or two books about economic liberalism, lol.

Dex-chan lover
I don't have any tangible history or theory to refute that, but the idea of lower taxes = better economy seems...oversimplified?

Oh well. Glorious Isekai MCs with their knowledge and all that.

Dex-chan lover
That's quite an idealistic view... well, it's gonna be fine with a bit of isekai bs as always.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal
If this fantasy kingdom setting is similar to the real world, I believe any newly conquered land would have been the kingdom's. This means the one in charge of the new land could be anyone decided by the king. Of course, the new untamed wilderness will be most likely given to Yamano, who already has ships at its harbors and has the favor of the royal family.
However, I think such undertaking is a much bigger investment than her territory and herself can support alone - she would need more soldiers and settlers and if there's something she's lacking, it's people. It would push her goal of saving up 80,000 gold coins further back.

@luvicvis
Looks like Mitsuha read one or two books about economic liberalism, lol.
@Psychronia
I don't have any tangible history or theory to refute that, but the idea of lower taxes = better economy seems...oversimplified?
I think it's only possible because Yamano herself doesn't need the money to hold parties and pay bribes (she's a hero of the kingdom and has ties with the royal family and with some neighbors), and she can afford to hire her own soldiers with money out of her own pocket. She will supply her territory with merchant goods from her own company too... and the compensation will come out of her subjects' pockets who now has 7x more money to spend on luxuries.

Lowering the taxes is also an investment - if this makes her territory prosper, and also have people immigrate in, she would in the end have as much revenue from taxes with 40% as she would have with 70% at the beginning. Not to mention, she would have people spending that extra 30% on her merchandise.

Users who are viewing this thread