A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night - Ch. 54 - The Scumbag's Marriage Interview

Dex-chan lover
“Parents are just being parents” sounds like an excuse to make it seem okay that they are extremely shitty and toxic because that’s in their rights.
I clarified it in an edit, but yeah...both sides will go to extremes when they feel their position is slipping and it's going to go wild, the current iteration of MC/parent relations we see in this story is pretty obvious with this chapter alone, mom knows how MC is going to react to these new conditions and refuses to let her get out of everything, and MC planned to do as she has done, gaslight and manipulate...but just do it to some random dude in the local area so she can cheat on him with her actual love

Dex-chan lover
Japanese laws are not Japanese traditions.

Shitty parents can neg their kids to marry, anywhere, even in Europe or America. Shitty parents cannot force their adult children to do anything, in Japan, by law. Even a shithole like Japan has that separation that you're obviously unable to grasp.
wow, refers to japan as a shithole...but reads japanese yuri manga about a scumbag, tell us your views on the japanese people then, I bet you have such wonderful views on them as a people :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
wow, refers to japan as a shithole...but reads japanese yuri manga about a scumbag, tell us your views on the japanese people then, I bet you have such wonderful views on them as a people :pepehmm:
I like how you think this sarcasm is some kind of gotcha. I don't have high views of them as a people, or a culture. I consume a small amount of their media because its niche and appeal to my taste. Simple, enough for you to understand even.

Even more simple is how you ignored the part of my comment that argues against yours, but is is transparent that you can't address it.

Dex-chan lover
I clarified it in an edit, but yeah...both sides will go to extremes when they feel their position is slipping and it's going to go wild, the current iteration of MC/parent relations we see in this story is pretty obvious with this chapter alone, mom knows how MC is going to react to these new conditions and refuses to let her get out of everything, and MC planned to do as she has done, gaslight and manipulate...but just do it to some random dude in the local area so she can cheat on him with her actual love
Forcing someone to marry just because you want grandchildren only shows how shitty they are and don’t care about their child, she’s just a tool for them. Trying to do everything you can to get out of such a situation is the normal thing.

Dex-chan lover
I like how you think this sarcasm is some kind of gotcha. I don't have high views of them as a people, or a culture. I consume a small amount of their media because its niche and appeal to my taste. Simple, enough for you to understand even.

Even more simple is how you ignored the part of my comment that argues against yours, but is is transparent that you can't address it.
your point was so wrong and so useless compared to the loaded charge I had no reason to care about it...and now you confess you view the japanese people and culture as lowly, wonderful :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
Forcing someone to marry just because you want grandchildren only shows how shitty they are and don’t care about their child, she’s just a tool for them. Trying to do everything you can to get out of such a situation is the normal thing.
I'd agree if only I didn't grow up with parents who were on the older side of the spectrum, most parents want their kids to have grandkids first and foremost because generally, kids will be the ones to take care of parents in the later years.. being in your 20s and watching your 70s parents become unable to do basic things like bend over for a box puts into perspective how much they need some kind of structure that a care worker (who probably has a criminal record) or their community (probably similar ages to them) cannot provide in the later years, so watching a kid pivot away from having kids can push parents into a box if they fear for their own kid's ability to have a good late life

Dex-chan lover
your point was so wrong and so useless compared to the loaded charge I had no reason to care about it...and now you confess you view the japanese people and culture as lowly, wonderful :shamihuh:

"Confess"? lol. I said it openly. There're many different, directly contradicting, cultures in the world. One can't like all of them. Somehow you can't comprehend this.

My point is very simple: respect one's anatomy and freedom of choice. You think the parents have a point because you think their appeal to tradition is good, probably because you were raised that way wherever shithole you crawled out of. That is in direct contradiction to personal freedom, and I believe it's stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, funniest chapter in a while. The best part of Makino's mom dissing her nonstop is that she knows her mom is right.

It was kind of obvious how she was going to get talked into this. An arranged marriage in exchange of not having to work another day of her life is something that the Makino of chapter 1 would have agreed without hesitation.

PS: Sometimes I forget how hot she is.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that's all I need to know to avoid this convo lol. Waste of time.
I don't have the time to know which nation one belongs to and which iteration after the sexualities it is, there is the LGBTQIA+, there is the British version which is LGBTQUIAA2+ (I think) and a bunch other abbreviations, like LGBTQIABPOC, LGBTQQIP2SAA, LGBTQ2S+, 2SLGBTQIA+, and many others I am probably forgetting

it's kind of hard to please everything after the first three since every iteration is different

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Confess"? lol. I said it openly. There're many different, directly contradicting, cultures in the world. One can't like all of them. Somehow you can't comprehend this.

My point is very simple: respect one's anatomy and freedom of choice. You think the parents have a point because you think their appeal to tradition is good, probably because you were raised that way wherever shithole you crawled out of. That is in direct contradiction to personal freedom, and I believe it's stupid.
no, I believe in being individual once you are independent, a dependent only has the right to autonomy (not anatomy) and freedom of choice when their choices are within the bounds of the person they are dependent on, and once you take responsibility of a dependent individual, you cannot make choices that directly harm that dependent, you know why I feel this way?

this: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...r-baby-left-home-alone-10-days-dies-rcna90590

Dex-chan lover
you are stating that kids, especially LGB whatevers, should exploit families that don't adhere to their every whim because that's oppression and then backtracking to make our scumbag MC seem normal with a cute quirk in the closing remark... why? :smugchisato:
every whim = having a say in what career you want to pursue because it’s YOUR life, being different from their expectations and not condemned because “you’re not smart” (aka receiving compassion when you fail), getting to pick who you hang out with when you are a full grown adult???? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Bruh… They are forcing their daughter who isn’t even close to bright to inherit their business because she’s the second option, the scrap, treating her as less than human and not her own person since Chapter 1. And when they see she won’t live up to their expectations they try to force her, at 19 at best, into a loveless marriage? In this century????? What good parents give up their children’s physical and mental well-being for profit? Imagine giving up your chastity to someone your parents forced you to marry who might not even treat you as an equal… Imagine thinking doing that to your daughter is ok (they assume she’s still a virgin lmao).

They are terrible people and as I have stated it’s a twisted sense of justice readers get, I am not saying the actions are objectively forgivable, but in context… Can you blame society for thinking this is justice? It’s the same logic behind the “justice with your own hands” trope, it’s a child getting revenge on their parents who never treated as such and instead made them a puppet.

Stop taking away from my remarks what you want to, I am not talking about bratty and spoiled rich children being rebellions ‘cus it’s fun. Some people out there are getting beaten up because they don’t do every single thing their parents want them to, some people are getting verbally abused instead which is almost just as bad for parent-children relationships, and giving people freedom to pick your career is just common decency. This is an issue beyond sexuality. And it’s not about something silly like wanting to eat ice cream when your parents tell you vegetables are best for you.

Again, I’m not saying MC is normal with a quirk. Where the fuck did you even read that? lol
I said she’s plenty flawed, but her parents are even more.

Dex-chan lover
every whim = having a say in what career you want to pursue because it’s YOUR life, being different from their expectations and not condemned because “you’re not smart” (aka receiving compassion when you fail), getting to pick who you hang out with when you are a full grown adult???? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Bruh… They are forcing their daughter who isn’t even close to bright to inherit their business because she’s the second option, the scrap, treating her as less than human and not her own person since Chapter 1. And when they see she won’t live up to their expectations they try to force her, at 19 at best, into a loveless marriage? In this century????? What good parents give up their children’s physical and mental well-being for profit? Imagine giving up your chastity to someone your parents forced you to marry who might not even treat you as an equal… Imagine thinking doing that to your daughter is ok (they assume she’s still a virgin lmao).

They are terrible people and as I have stated it’s a twisted sense of justice readers get, I am not saying the actions are objectively forgivable, but in context… Can you blame society for thinking this is justice? It’s the same logic behind the “justice with your own hands” trope, it’s a child getting revenge on their parents who never treated as such and instead made them a puppet.

Stop taking away from my remarks what you want to, I am not talking about bratty and spoiled rich children being rebellions ‘cus it’s fun. Some people out there are getting beaten up because they don’t do every single thing their parents want them to, some people are getting verbally abused instead which is almost just as bad for parent-children relationships, and giving people freedom to pick your career is just common decency. This is an issue beyond sexuality. And it’s not about something silly like wanting to eat ice cream when your parents tell you vegetables are best for you.

Again, I’m not saying MC is normal with a quirk. Where the fuck did you even read that? lol
I said she’s plenty flawed, but her parents are even more.
no they aren't forcing her to inherit, they are simply adopting a son in law to inherit it :kek: , I highly doubt they are puppeting her considering the father is never really involved with the arguments...it's always the mother taking charge of "the control" and also, the mother has shown her love as well, going so far as to ignore her own knowledge the MC is lying about where the money is going...even though she don't know MC is spending it on a hooker, she's still correct, and
Some people out there are getting beaten up because they don’t do every single thing their parents want them to, some people are getting verbally abused instead which is almost just as bad for parent-children relationships, and giving people freedom to pick your career is just common decency
does not apply to this as the parents aren't abusing either of their children in any of the described ways, she is just a spoiled brat running off of her parents dime and fully intended in CH1 to be exactly that, she's slowly redeeming herself and that's the point of the story, acting like this entire story exists because of the parents being "abusive" is silly and contrived as they only ever show up as a plot mover, she also wants no career

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that's all I need to know to avoid this convo lol. Waste of time.
Can’t believe so many people here are arguing in circles with someone obviously not speaking in good faith…manga readers, pls touch grass instead of this.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
After reading the other comments from that Manchura user I won’t waste my time discussing likelihood of the plot with someone who can’t just say they don’t like yuri and leave.

…I’m out
:salute:
I agree, the anti-japanese racism replying to me makes me know "yuri fans" are a wide range of lunatics and mental blocks :kek:

it's why I hate "yuri fans", they ruin a good yuri story about a scumbag redeeming herself

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
no they aren't forcing her to inherit, they are simply adopting a son in law to inherit it :kek: , I highly doubt they are puppeting her considering the father is never really involved with the arguments...it's always the mother taking charge of "the control" and also, the mother has shown her love as well, going so far as to ignore her own knowledge the MC is lying about where the money is going...even though she don't know MC is spending it on a hooker, she's still correct, and

does not apply to this as the parents aren't abusing either of their children in any of the described ways, she is just a spoiled brat running off of her parents dime and fully intended in CH1 to be exactly that, she's slowly redeeming herself and that's the point of the story, acting like this entire story exists because of the parents being "abusive" is silly and contrived as they only ever show up as a plot mover, she also wants no career
He’s out of line but he’s right

Dex-chan lover
I agree, the anti-japanese racism replying to me makes me know yuri fans are a wide range of lunatics and mental blocks :kek:

it's why I hate yuri fans, they ruin a good yuri story about a scumbag redeeming herself
Hey hey hey don’t lump all yuri fans along with those fucks you better put some “” on that ”yuri fan” 😂

Users who are viewing this thread