A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 13 - Restarting Makes No Sense (12)

Dex-chan lover
These two remind me of Alice and Rob from the Duke of Death and his Black Maid

Dex-chan lover
; w ; theyre (or at least rachel) is calling shuli "mom" now.... im so happy for her......

Awe man, been awhile since I've seen a good "the plot thickens" moment from a story like this. I'm really impressed with the Storytelling here.

Here's my ballpark guess as to what's going on: While he was alive, the late marquess must've been informed that he didn't have much longer to live, and perhaps due some whim took a trip to where the MC is from. I'm guessing that the marquess was anxious over what was to come of his estate, since he likely did not trust his relatives, and his children were too young to manage/inherit it. He ideally wanted to take in and groom an heir, but had little time left to make this happen. Perhaps on his journey to where the MC is from (Bretton I believe it was called), he encountered the MC and noticed her talent and ambition for business/management. I think he wanted to take her in as an heir, but perhaps because she was female, he was unable to legally. Or maybe there was some other reason. In any case the only solution was to marry her despite her young age, so that she could take charge of the estate at least up until his first born son could take over. He then spent most of his remaining years teaching her what she would need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread