A Villainess No More - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha! So much hate for Lilian. Well, that's obviously how the chapter is meant to be framed.

I'm more interested in Athanasia's explanation myself. In any other story, Lilian's desire to prioritize philanthropy over indulgence would definitely be the "right choice", but Athanasia's view of the big picture and general benevolence implies that this decision would be better for the general pubic in the long term anyway.

I do wanna say though, Lillian loses the moral high-ground when she refuses to listen to her sister's argument and resorts to one-dimensional arguments and verbal abuse. Crudely speaking, the only options to resolve a conflict are diplomacy and coercion, so how else did she expect things to end up when she cuts off all avenues of communication?

Oh yeah And apparently the household was being wholly managed by big sis. That...will probably come back to bite them in a year, tops.

Double-page supporter
@Psychronia I think giving it a year is putting it rather generously. I doubt they can manage a month after the initial month that she already arranged...

Always those idiot sisters that get the favourable position from others and know nothing about anything.
I am kinda getting used to those idiotic female side leads that steal the fiance.
Well doesn't change that they suck and my anger always boils anew.

Lilian is such a spoiled brat. I don't know when was the last time I felt so much hate against a character. Good job, author 🤣

And their mother... seriously, Athanasia has been doing her job for who knows how many years and now that she got the responsibilities back, she's whining. I guess we know where Lilian got her attitude from! Also, not a word of gratitude or awe for her daughter for doing stuff instead of her for years. Seriously.

I can't wait until she gets to her new home. I want to see her interact with new people. And I feel like the chapters are a bit on the shorter side. I wonder how many chapters until our couple meets?

Edit: one more thing, the guards' audacity! Seriously, Athanasia's position trumps Lilian's. Plus, how dare they "oppress" her (take that, Lilian!) like that. I'm so annoyed at them.
And Athanasia's power looks cool. I wonder what else she can do^^

Dex-chan lover
The little sister is so clueless on what it means to be a born as a noble and the responsibilities that comes with it, sure I can commend her willingness to help the common folk and being the icon of hope for them. But the real duty as a noble is to govern the place they are in charge and securing prospect and deals that will benefit them for the long run. Providing charity event is a short term goal, without stable income that is the foundation of where all the charity funds come from, sooner or later no charity can be given anymore because they have exhausted the funds that would have been used to generate more income.

Can't wait to see what will happen when the most competent Elder sister governing the place is no longer there and was replaced by a incompetent little sister.

The family gonna ruin for sure. Athanasia is too good. She still care for her fams. I hope she’ll be happy in her new home.

Lilian is so naive and stupid. Providing charity is merely a band-aid fix for the problem. Proper governance and management is the way to go if you really want to solve the issue.

Aggregator gang
Lilian is of an immaturity never seen, even more selfish than the nobles she talks about so badly.
And yet it is ironic, certainly sword training is not free, just like the dummy or field you use to do these workouts is not free.
I have not behaved in a childish way because we didn't want to marry but she also plays the part of the saint when it wasn't for her sister she would be in the middle of the street asking for a piece of bread or being a prostitute for some time.
I hope that when the protagonist has left, the spoiled child realizes how easy it was for her to live with that person whom she has shown so much contempt for.
I will enjoy it as never before when it happens.

Thankyou for the translation ❣❣

it's been 4 ch but nothing is really happened yet. *sigh*

Wow, a wonderful little sister, who doesn't want to see how life is working, just wanting to live through her own Ideal and never looking at things probably... I kinda want to see how her family is breaking down, after anathasia is leaving for the North xD

Thanks for the chapter :))

...Why are the "angelic" girls in these series always either a) actually evil or b) stupid as fuck?

Dex-chan lover
@Pocky8 And their mother... seriously, Athanasia has been doing her job for who knows how many years and now that she got the responsibilities back, she's whining. I guess we know where Lilian got her attitude from! Also, not a word of gratitude or awe for her daughter for doing stuff instead of her for years. Seriously.
I don't know, to me it seemed like the mother was just surprised by how much work there was, and that Anthanasia had been handling it all on her own. She even says "you've done so well" in regards to the preparations. I think she appreciates her daughter's work, and is just worried about how they're going to manage when they lose her.

Urrgh I can't wait for her to get away from those toxic people. Like seriously, how can someone be so stupidly justified in their belief (ESPECIALLY AGAINST FAMILY)! And her mother is useless...
HOW CAN THEY NOT SEE THAT THEY ARE PREJUDICED AGAINST HER?

I'm so looking forward for her to meet her husband cuz he seems to have received his title based on the same assumptions.

Thank you for the updates <3

Can’t wait for Athanasia to leave her shitty family behind and start a new life with the Duke. Hope that immature, stupid and selfish little sister of hers will get some sense knocked into her soon. Seriously, what a bunch of rude people who are so ignorant!

Users who are viewing this thread