Accounts compromised via phishing sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
Protip: avoiding phishing sites is easy. Just use common sense. If you get a PM like this:
lSaoTah.jpg
It's pretty obvious that you shouldn't be clicking that shady looking link.

I only access mangadex through a bookmark in case I ever misspell it in the address bar. Do you think I'll be okay?

Dex-chan lover
Should have known my first friend request would be a bot! I saw the message then got a request from a banned account so I just denied it.👻

Group Leader
Just got a friend request like this yesterday. Didn't accept, but checked the profile and clicked on the link out of curiosity. Thank god no virus, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy what I saw.
002.gif

That same account was banned when I checked just now. I hope mine isn't compromised.

I got a friend request and his name sounds like he is a Romanian(from Romania).
I rejected this request.

BAN and NO MERCY.

Suggestion:
And maybe make a validation of new uploaded chapters (I'm NOT talking about Captcha or some custom I'm not a robot) but a validator that checks if the pictures are identical (20pictures of the same ad) and identical size.
Or that checks if there is only 1 (small) picture uploaded (with and 1 pic ad). Check the size here as sometimes they upload v.big strips of korean manga, but these are usually 2pages.

And I also got a friend invite... felt good, but the paranoical me would check the profile of the guy. He was banned, so I rejected.

I also got a fake friend request. I checked his account and it said banned. Instant reject.

i got my first unknown friend request, im so happy and sad at the same time because he was banned. hahaha!

Dex-chan lover
I don't accept friend requests anyway. Only from users I know. Others should give me a good reason to accept.

I also get a friend request but being a mangadex noob I am, I just thought mangadex just recently add a green people icon beside username, and I thought it was pretty so I just leave it be. Now I know it is a friend request icon and I am glad I don't accept it.

Oh wow, clicking random links from strangers in [current year], as expected of redditors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread