Affiliate Banner and Infrastructure Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
[😭😭😭❤️ Tachiyomi users are remembered! ❤️❤️❤️😭😭😭💕 THANK YOU FOR REMEMBERING US! Heh. I legit thought I got a download ban on my IPV4 because of Tachiyomi. Though, I've tried to be SUPS careful not to overload the server, but now I'm suddenly getting 502 errors. I restarted the modem & everything, so I feared I got a ding—but, reading this tells me that it likely is due to server modifications and changeovers, and the rollover, and other stuff, and the aforementioned glitches, and possibly the Tachiyomi extensions coding team will need to make an update (possibly) or something]

Thank you, IT TEAM! ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS IT STAFF@MangaDex! Hip-Hip Hurray! Hip-Hio Hurray!

Ah, GLORIOUS!

And, yeah, agreed about the transparency stuff! Despite many users not necessarily knowing what an API is and other IT lingo, having this all detailed out gives them a couple of benefits—1. Solid reports on the numbers. 2. Solid knowledge that the site is getting HELLA traffic (I almost feel like the monthly announcement should include the TOTAL monthly throughput on the servers/total data transferred just so users can be all—Users: "OMFG! WE USED WHAT???‽!!!" MD Staff: "Yes, Dears, you used X… this month." Users: "o_O Um… Did we bweak da net?!"

😂 I believe in y'all! MangaDex gives you wings!

Every time you say, "I believe in MangaDex Staff!", one staff member gets their Wings [Read: Sleep] back!

We love ya! Keep it up & thank you for not forgetting about us! MangaDex Staff: Keeping global suicide & depression rates down since ≈2018/2019! & Helping the Globe survive a Global Pandemic! <3

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@moonlightjem For the same reason we can't use Paypal/Patreon/literally everything else that gets suggested constantly, no.

Please, could somebody translate what are the current problems MD site are facing right now, again, from IT slang to human language?

@JakkRo it's not complicated. They need money for more/better servers because demand is so high on the website. But due to legal issues they can't just use paypal, amazon, or patreon. Thus many people don't really donate because cryptocurrency isn't the easiest thing for many people.

The site's been unusable for me for the last three days :( got the game, but at at this point if more ads are needed to keep the site functional, I'd be pro them...

Dex-chan lover
Feel free to ignore this if it's been asked before, but do you/could you accept the Brave Browsers rewards program? It's crypto based I think. If so, I can add you to the list of sites I auto-donate to every month (it's not much, but it's something)

Idk what you guys did but it doesnt feel any different it still takes around 10secs for a chapter to load , pictures load way to slow compared to legacy mode....

hmmm... I figured it might be possible for someone on your side to use the Visa GC information to buy the crypto and transfer it, since Visa GC are one of the most popular money laundering vehicles next to cash. I didn't think they required any legitimate information. I've never had an issue with using a bad name/address when fulfilling an online transaction with a Visa GC, so I still don't understand why it would be insecure for ya'll.
Maybe I'm just dumb or missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread