Affiliate Banner and Infrastructure Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
@ReverendJ

I wasn't trying to be sultry, I was just saying that the link should work for android phones as well.
Not sure why it seems to refer to apple store for you if you use an android phone, I'm not that good with phone support stuff :x

@plykiya any ideas as to why it says that it's "available only in app store for iPhone and iPad" on ReverendJ's screenshot?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@ReverendJ Do you have "Show desktop version" of site in your browser settings turned on or something
The link works for 100% of people so far, but it's based off your user-agent
If your browser is trying to say it's from a Desktop source, it'll default to the iOS store
Otherwise it should always go off your mobile operating system

Dex-chan lover
@plykiya
"Show desktop version"
Is that a new option, or a existing mobile user function? 🤔
Is there a way to tell the system the user is only using a desktop, and for it to not toggle the display mode when using a zoom option?

Dex-chan lover
@Ivegotnolife That should be an option in your mobile browser. Either in Settings as a permanent/default loading mode, or one of the convenient menu in the interface. I know with Opera and Chrome mobile it's in the menu top right corner (the 3 dots).

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@YoroShie posted:

Dexie-chan sounds better than just Dex-chan
I know I wrote it in the banner, but I wouldn't take that as her official name anyway lol

I had to put some name there for the joke so I just picked the most obvious one that popped to my mind

Why are the manga images loading so slow ever since the maintenance? Is it because the image cache server is gone? Shouldn't the site be faster or at least as fast as it was before the maintenance since it's only M@home now?

@saitohd
Why are the manga images loading so slow ever since the maintance? Is it because the image cache server is gone?
Both data-saver and image cache server is gone. That means M@H is handling even larger traffic.
It's frustrating because some images need more than 10s to load. I hope the devs will put compressed image on M@H to enable data-saver again.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I've pretty much accepted the fact nothing loads for me between 8pm-3am the next day local time. Not my internet problem when I can still torrent, load 1080p youtube videos, or download heavy apps updates and speedtest showing normal speed.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Yatsuki Bandwidth is pretty sparse in the Southeast Asia region compared to how significant a percentage of traffic they are, and you're basically describing peak times. So you likely end up getting servers that aren't from SEA

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Adverso
Well I don't think you're completely wrong about that lol.

I read this when it first was posted and managed not to remember "data-saver is broken and disabled by default until the change is complete" been wondering why the everything was loading like shit the past few days.

Have the devs ever considered giving certain meaningless perks to donators, it seems to work pretty well for stuff like Osu. Stuff like more profile customisation or a badge next to your name in comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread