Affiliate Banner and Infrastructure Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Keep up the great work mod/admin/dev teams. We appreciate all the hard work you do to help bring us the manga we love.

Out of Curiosity where do you learn all the information to do things like this?

LIke understanding how to setup servers for data intensive tasks. I know one popular textbook is Designing Data Intensive Applications. I don’t really have any web dev experience but I know you can’t move TBs of data over the internet easily.

@Aezeryel the game is available on android though? You literally just need to open it on an android device and it sends you to the google play version of it. This one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.immortaltaoists.en

Contributor
@mangoodbad13
I think the only issue with trying to run MDatH on a pi would be storage speed. Something like an SD card or USB drive isn't really fast enough. And I don't think the NIC on a pi is good enough for serving from a network location.

@Blastoutmaria
Even if there was a subscription it doesn't solve the problem of sending money to an organization that engages in the distribution of copyrighted works. Most "easy" to use options are have a lot of policies in place to prevent it and the ones that don't tend to be really shady. Hence why crypto is currently the only option.

@f0xhunt
Pain, suffering, trial and error, and hoping someone else has the solution to the obscure error that you are currently encountering. Or at least that's how I learned most of the stuff I know, but I am a learns best by doing kind of person.

@Trodsen
Little reminder
We benefit from users installing the game via this link.
https://mangadex.onelink.me/axjf/a580326e

So yeah, if they want to support MD, click the link here on the site instead.

Y'all always do amazing work! I wanted to set up a MD@H node, but I don't seem to have the money or hardware right now to do it... Wondering if you all have looked at using IPFS as a sort of secondary CDN? Idk how you would exactly integrate it into your current website, but it might help cut you a bit of a break with the solo leveling load...

I tried to use the link to play the game but it took be to the iOS store and I don't have any iOS devices.

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
@ReverendJ the game works on Android as well

Screenshot_20210218-074843_Android_System.jpg

So thinking of a way to donate to you and came up with this idea. Can you link your Amazon wishlist and add Visa gift cards to it? Just a thought 🤷‍♂️

I really feel like the end is near, either way, thank you staff for the great platform

Whoever searched for this:

https://mangadex.org/images/affiliates/saucenao_logo.png

in the Saucenao affiliate picture is a very cultured individual. Was it you @Plykiya?

Group Leader
Add more banners.

Get some cash from sfw sites.

We have no problem against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread