Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - Childhood Friends That Can't Stop

Double-page supporter
Awesome chapter, and not just for the meta-textual reasons like the Pocky game subversion or surprising plot development. Aside from the two brief lines of dialogue, the whole thing is told through facial expressions (particular the eyes and eyebrows) and body language. There are so many details that add to the weight of the scene: Yukiya's hands gradually moving up Miku's arm, Miku's hand starting on Yukiya's leg and ending up on holding his collar (extra neat detail: you can see that she's pushing upward on the hoodie rather than pulling it by the relative placement of the collar and hood), Miku's leg pushing into the second-to-last kiss, the setting sun in the background indicating the time elapsed... the list could go on. All of these things add up to a very kinetic and compelling chapter. 10/10, would read another 100 times.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This manga makes me feel so lonely man. The pocky game killed me and made my heart go doki doki.
blade-runner-2049-ryan-gosling-snow-9h3v1lh2s9iq93xi.webp

yoa

Dex-chan lover
Damn i was so used to the pocky game getting nowhere that I was super shocked and giddy from this! Mega Peak romcom, no chapter in history can beat this one.

Its really interesting because sometimes things just happen and you cant stop everything. I actually dont know how people in romcom stop before the kiss happens because it really just happens like that. Your mind just blanks out for a bit and focus on whats happening in front of you, you know? No words just actions

FUCKING KINOOOOOOO, I have never felt so fucking giddy and shocked while reading a romcom manga holy shit, AN ACTUAL POCKY SCENE THAT ENDED UP IN THEM KISSING

Their subtle movement as they slowly approach each other with every pocky, how the time slowly shifts to noon during their trance and their body language shows how much they are madly in love with each other and the uncertainness in the aftermath as the cherry on top

This is by far, one of the fucking best romcom chapter I've read. If this manage to get an anime adaptation I pray to god that they dont screw up this godtier scene.

Awesome chapter, and not just for the meta-textual reasons like the Pocky game subversion or surprising plot development. Aside from the two brief lines of dialogue, the whole thing is told through facial expressions (particular the eyes and eyebrows) and body language. There are so many details that add to the weight of the scene: Yukiya's hands gradually moving up Miku's arm, Miku's hand starting on Yukiya's leg and ending up on holding his collar (extra neat detail: you can see that she's pushing upward on the hoodie rather than pulling it by the relative placement of the collar and hood), Miku's leg pushing into the second-to-last kiss, the setting sun in the background indicating the time elapsed... the list could go on. All of these things add up to a very kinetic and compelling chapter. 10/10, would read another 100 times.
I know exactly what you mean. No exaggeration I have also read this chapter 100 times and I keep coming back to it weeks later.

Dex-chan lover
FUCKING KINOOOOOOO, I have never felt so fucking giddy and shocked while reading a romcom manga holy shit, AN ACTUAL POCKY SCENE THAT ENDED UP IN THEM KISSING

Their subtle movement as they slowly approach each other with every pocky, how the time slowly shifts to noon during their trance and their body language shows how much they are madly in love with each other and the uncertainness in the aftermath as the cherry on top

This is by far, one of the fucking best romcom chapter I've read. If this manage to get an anime adaptation I pray to god that they dont screw up this godtier scene.
i sadly doubt theres many studios capable of properly adapting the subtle movements without them looking weird

Users who are viewing this thread