Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Well, they changed the ending and the Alicia personality, she is clearly the true villainess toward Yumiella,
she instulted calling her a small fry, and also back stabbed her with the light dagger, but in the anime she is controlled by the system so she play innocent. Is odd that the author is fine with these changes.

That's why i doubt there will be more seasons, but of course i can be wrong.
I always thought this was a big difference between creators and fans.

There's possibly several versions and interpretations of a character that can exist in a writers mind even before putting to pen. Creativity is about having flexibility, and the ability to accept and think about alternative and interesting ideas.

But from a fan's pov, even someone who is a creative themselves of another work, we like definitive depictions. A "narrative", rather than a smorgasbord of ideas has been crafted in our mind by the stories. When we see discrepancies, that narrative is damaged and we feel cognitive dissonance.

Add to that, I think it's been increasingly common for fans to project their views onto creatives now. Like writer A must hate writer B and their work or something, because fans of writer A hate writer B.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the answer. If it’s mostly the last part that has changed from the LN than it’s worth giving it a try at least :thumbsup:
Changing the part about Alicia is fine. But they butchered the final completely.
The whole discrimination of black/dark hair was barely mentioned and was only mentioned minimally.

Y'all can support the heroine change all you want. But they didn't need to omit everything else. Thats what a bad adaptation is. Even Yumi interactions with ellanora was very little. It was one of my fav in manga and LN.

The demon lord had a whole sympathetic background. And anime just made him out to be a 2d villain. He was essentially same as Yumiella, bur made a scapegoat, banished and then sealed. The epilogue was very sweet and showed Yumiella's character.

Anime went: Nah we ain't doing all that.
So i consider the anime ending crap.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i remember the anime part where she toot the whistle when it was practical's for like several times, that shit was wild lmao :kek: :pepela:

omfg that chibi eumellia toot to level up is just too fucking cute wtf

although i like you patrick, i'll be your rival for my bb girl eumellia

i'm kinda excited for the s2 of the anime if there is one just because the manga is right about the time for the season finale like such a bittersweet moment that i want to see them kiss but i also wanna kiss eumy too :qq: goddammit
i'm perfectly fine to be your side nibba, eumy :chad:

i still wanna punch the prince for being a cunt. no wait not just a punch but every 10 hit combo of every tekken character ever and then just proceed to bury him alive lmao

Contributor
I always thought this was a big difference between creators and fans.

There's possibly several versions and interpretations of a character that can exist in a writers mind even before putting to pen. Creativity is about having flexibility, and the ability to accept and think about alternative and interesting ideas.

But from a fan's pov, even someone who is a creative themselves of another work, we like definitive depictions. A "narrative", rather than a smorgasbord of ideas has been crafted in our mind by the stories. When we see discrepancies, that narrative is damaged and we feel cognitive dissonance.

Add to that, I think it's been increasingly common for fans to project their views onto creatives now. Like writer A must hate writer B and their work or something, because fans of writer A hate writer B.
I agree with that, but the change is not something small, is a complete change in personality, but if the fans are ok with this then i can't say anything more.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with that, but the change is not something small, is a complete change in personality, but if the fans are ok with this then i can't say anything more.

I'd argue that the larger the change, the more appreciative many creatives can potentially get, though the context matters. I just would not assume that the first expected response is "that's not my vision".

Dex-chan lover
I love how Patrick seems mildly irritated he feel in love with someone with a few screws loose (at least from an outsider's perspective).
That makes it seem so much more genuine and probably longer lasting, compared to falling in love with someone and finding no flaws at all. The latter can easily go away once the initial feeling goes away.

There are basically two kinds of writers in that regard. Some accept and embrace the multitude of possibilities and potential out there, while others strictly hold on to their one vision of how it's supposed to be. I find the latter mostly common with new writers, and writers who get severely inflated egos.

I find that writers more often like other writers, unless there's something specific about them they don't like. From a business standpoint it makes sense as well. Competition doesn't hurt these media nearly as much as, for instance, when you're selling practical things. Most readers read many stories every year, so it's better to get more people invested in the genre than it is to make sure you're the one getting the ones already there.

Dex-chan lover
No, I know about the Web Novel version, I was asking how did the LN/Anime change Alicia, since the WN version was a straight up villain, and the manga version seems a sweet girl for now. I haven't seen/read either. Unless I misunderstood something.
No, you're fine, I wrote LN when looking back it could have been WN, whichever one has the more brutal climax.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Do you still think it’s worth watching it with the modified ending?
Personally, I find the modified ending easier to swallow than the original from the LN.

Spoilers:
Yes, Alicia/heroine was forced against her will to attack Yumiella after the demon lord was defeated because of the otome game's original plot progression, but at least this one was more reasonable and was trying to give Yumiella a chance despite how her OP darkness magic depicted her as an overwhelming monster, making her goodness to a fault protagonist character more consistent. The LN just depicted her as a stubborn, selfish jerk who was willing to drop the kingdom's, her friends', and her potential love interests' safeties in favor of her own when the demon lord threatened her into a corner.

Dex-chan lover
I like how Patrick is aware not only does he needs to be strong in order to be of equal standing with Yumiella. But he also needs to be strong to be able to keep up with all of her antics~

Dex-chan lover
As far as the changes to the anime, I have my own theory.

There definitely exists a God of Evil trying to destroy the multiverse by making one version of Yumiella into an unstoppable force. I read on TV tropes, it took the training methods heroine Yumiella used to max out her power and put them to a normal Yumiella. What if the Anime is version 1 of the plan? Evil God got this good gamer girl soul into Yumiella to get her to train and study it, but then forced Alicia to play the otome game's routes, from going to the school, to fleeing with her prince at the ball, and so on. The Evil God hoped that Alicia killing or trying to kill reincarnated Anime-Yumiella by force would trigger her to become evil. Anime Yumiella stopped his plan by invoking Love. So, then in Light Novel and web novel, the Evil God is more subtle and corrupts Alicia to enhance her fear and paranoia. This is why Alicia acts more like a bitch in these other versions and in the one, suffers the worst fate of death.

It is conceivable that the God of Evil is running the attempts near simultanouesly and is trying different levels of corrupting Alicia to break Yumiella as well.

Dex-chan lover
Since they ruined the Alicia character in the anime making her a victim of the system, i hope the manga do better justice of the source material. Moreover with that end the anime will surely not have more seasons, so the manga is the only adaption left. Cross fingers. :)
Funny enough, Author actually like the path they have taken with Alicia both in manga and anime. He actually said he wished he thought of it instead of making her a plain ignorant bitch like in the LN. He also said he will take her to a similar direction in LN as well.

Group Leader
Since they ruined the Alicia character in the anime making her a victim of the system, i hope the manga do better justice of the source material. Moreover with that end the anime will surely not have more seasons, so the manga is the only adaption left. Cross fingers. :)
dunno, may still be able to go on, i mean, they just need to remove focus on the "unkilled trio" and voila...
personally, i'd love to see the god arc in anime :3

PS: on a side note, i prefer the WN version of the black hole:
anime: a big black vacuum
WN: a big black ball that does nothing at first (aside transforming day into night by sheer size), and that when popped out suppress everything inside, air included...

Last edited:
Contributor
Funny enough, Author actually like the path they have taken with Alicia both in manga and anime. He actually said he wished he thought of it instead of making her a plain ignorant bitch like in the LN. He also said he will take her to a similar direction in LN as well.
Lol, well, if the author regret it then good for him (or her), but still seems a very odd midway change. :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
pg.25
Oh boy, he's looking a little sinister in that middle panel... He's no black-hearted prince, but the others should still be careful when talking with Eumie.

Users who are viewing this thread