Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shita hazu ga Marie Antoinette Deshita - Ch. 1 - You Shall Marry!

This is why manga set in actual countries, especially those the author has no idea about because they are clearly at most doing some minor wikipedia research, is always kinda tricky. As an Austrian, I am hoping they move on to f**king up French history soon and leaving ours alone.

I will say this though, I am happy that they chose to keep Maria Theresia's actual look and not redesign her to be more fitting for their fantasy version of Europe.

Double-page supporter
Oh, unexpected! Well, I'm going to treat this as an isekai regardless because I'm pretty sure the accuracy to actual history will be around the same level

Also, what is she even going to do ? Even if she had knowledge about the history of France beyond "let them eat cake" and other shallow Marie-Antoinette facts, she wouldn't be able to do anything about her fate since it was mostly the political and historical context that led to the fall of the Monarchy - and she doesn't seem to know much, so it really might as well be a random magicless isekai...
I mean, she could reduce her own spendings and not be seen as an extravagant wasteful queen, but it's not like a single woman ruined the entire kingdom of France by herself let's be honest

Oh well I guess I'll just stick around and see what happens

Aggregator gang
@muriloandrade Because she ignored her lessons to play and focused on acting cute thinking this was some type of game.....Her fault for being lazy really

orp

Wait a second, so she lived for a year after the reincarnation, and nobody in the freaking royal family ever mentioned France, or any other well-known country?! WTF??!

Dex-chan lover
LOL SHE GOT KILLED BY THE EIFFEL TOWER IN THE BEGINNING
AND GETS REINCARNATED TO BE MARRIED OFF TO FRANCE

LOOOL

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man, talk about pulling the shittiest stick in the reincarnation draw. Not only are you stuck on the same planet, but instead of getting magic powers you get disease and beheading instead. Not to mention her "prince" is a dick as well. And she's the product of inbreeding. Its just a trashy time all round...

Dex-chan lover
wat, when they say France it fucking clicked! and i went back all the way to read her name and Yep!

GG

imagine if parallel worlds were created by reincarnators changing stuff in the past so the history gets altered from that point on, like back to the past but with reincarnations instead of the DeLorean

I pray at very least she has played long live the queen, because she just entered in lunatic mode

@kalton
@Spinaple
True, but at that time napoleon is alive somewhere so not all is lost and putting a THE coup d'état isn't out of possibilities but it will require a LOT of scheming (and help from her mom)
also little thing like sliding with the academics will help in aminorating the whole chaos

At least she didn't get reincarnated as, say, Anastasia Romanowa. She's gotta seriously step up her game, but Antoinette's situation isn't completely without hope. She's got over twenty years, after all. Worst comes to worst, she should at least be able to save her life and escape successfully.

Double-page supporter
Don't worry you'll survive as long as you convince your husband to make his face on the coin slightly prettier/uglier or something!! (maybe)

This makes me wanna re-read Tearmoon Empire ngl

Group Leader
Oh to die from an Eiffel Tower and get reincarnated to marry the Prince of France xD

I mean, off the top of my head, she might be able to avoid the revolution by a) not being an ass towards the people’s beloved Turgit and Necker, b) pay off the diamond necklace of the diamond necklace affair the moment it was received, c) not spending money on useless luxuries in the middle of a financial crisis, and most importantly, d) devour the Louis XVI ASAP , who was apparently not only the king of France, but of herbivores and shy shut in neets everywhere.

I am curious how they would do this story. Do they play it light or go into bits and pieced of how did the history went down? Or a magical 180 degress that will go on like other villainess stories? This is tagged as Villainess though

Users who are viewing this thread