Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei Shita hazu ga Marie Antoinette Deshita - Ch. 2 - Welcome to Versailles~!

Dex-chan lover
In case you're like me and have no idea who Du Barry is, wiki says she was louis xv's official mistress, and had a very contentious relationship with marie antoinette.

Fed-Kun's army
Avoid the Diamond necklace affair which ruined your reputation. Fight your way through french aristocracy to pass the financial reforms of King Louis (the husband, not current king). Economic reform. Avoid the famine as much as possible. If you can't you will have to give the people what they want and do a quasidemocratic monarchy.

If this story is to be accurate to history, your biggest enemy would be the aristocracy and the diamond necklace affair (which sank your reputation and cemented the image of a lavish debouchery). Prince Louis (currently not king yet) would be you biggest ally since he wanted economic reform but was blocked by the nobility, but stop him from doing free market mercantilism, because, as we all know, no regulation is as bad as total freedom.

Dex-chan lover
What's up with Marie's husband? Was he like that irl?
Oh, and thanks for the update!

Fed-Kun's army
Ugh I'm hesitating whether to continue reading this or not. I like isekai as in literally another world not just time travel + soul posession. I can handle just a historical reference like in "Doctor Elise" / The lady with thr lamp but a full historical recounting with just the MC being possessed by a future soul might be a huge turn off for me especially if it's the weird "qu'ils mangent de la brioche" woman -_-'

I will stick around for a couple of chapters but I'm 95% sure I'll drop it

Seems like there's a typo, the year shouldn't be 1170, but rather 1710. Seems like the typesetters mixed up some of the number

Fed-Kun's army
Lmaooo, is that rose of Versailles (aka lady Oscar) references??? XD

And lol.. i feel like i need some studying to do about French hystory because oh gosh I'm lost at lots of things 🗿

Dex-chan lover
She is absolutely screwed. Marie Antoinette was apparently a pretty great person but nobody bothered listening to anything she said.
Eg. "Have you guys considered feeding the poor?" "Don't be daft you stupid foreign woman!"

Wait a min how its 1170 ? The french revolution happened 1789. how the Marie Antoinette live that lol. Is author retarded or is this translation error

@ashGHOUL it's a typo, the real date is 1770 (and they use the right dates for the other stuff so it was just a small mistake)

Users who are viewing this thread