Akuyaku Reijou no Shitsuji-sama: Hametsu Flag wa Ore ga Tsubusasete Itadakimasu - Vol. 7 Ch. 34.2

I overwhelmingly prefer mangas over light novels:

• The unstructured style of light novels in general makes it tiring to understand who speaks to who.
  • I appreciate good art and composition, some artists give lots of life and intensity to the text.

I understand the editorial strategy of using 34 chapters as a promo,
but I would really prefer a demi-dozen of chapters instead:
  • enough to see if I want to explore the novel
  • not enough to get attached to a serie and see it axed for promo reasons.
As someone who tried to translate novels from Japanese without knowing it before, I can totally undarstand your difficulty of comprehending who is speaking in a novel, but, from what I've heard, any native Japanese speaker can distinguish the characters by the unique style of their dialogue lines.

Group Leader
Dangit I noticed the structure and phrasing being very "end-like" but I was wishing that it wasn't actually the end.... do I really have to read the LN now...... :meguuusad:

Ah, I'm glad it ends here. The 3rd LN (and final LN) didn't fit the story imo and was wondering how it'd be adapted, good to know it's not. I think this is a better cut off for the story.

Group Leader
I implore everyone to read the continuation of the LNs. There are links in MangaDex (go to see more on the manga page and then Track > Novelupdates) where you'll be able to read fan translations of v3. Trust me, imo it's the best volume and gives a better ending.
How much more is left? Do the fan translations cover everything? I can read Japanese to a certain extent but it can be tough discerning speech patterns in LNs...

Dex-chan lover
So sick of these purely LN promotions that almost certainly never had an intent to cover the source material in full.

Dex-chan lover
Darn, from what i heard the WN/LN has pretty poor plot progression too. So i guess for the vast majority of folks this is the end of the story....

P.S
Thanks for the translation to every team that did this manga

Dex-chan lover
I enjoyed it a lot more before that never ending play arc. Felt like a weak ending overall.

Double-page supporter
Of course we can't have nice things with japs.

Milking and creating 100 seasons of garbage shit and axing decently-adapted manga with huge potential.

Dex-chan lover
How much more is left? Do the fan translations cover everything? I can read Japanese to a certain extent but it can be tough discerning speech patterns in LNs...
The fan translations are very good when compared to the usual ones I've read (cough Soudoki) and they've covered the entirety of v3 (which I think is the end. there are some side stories after each volume and I didn't bother with those in v3.) Happy reading!

As someone who tried to translate novels from Japanese without knowing it before, I can totally undarstand your difficulty of comprehending who is speaking in a novel, but, from what I've heard, any native Japanese speaker can distinguish the characters by the unique style of their dialogue lines.
Oooh like

"By Jove, the weather is pretty comfortable today, isn't it?"

"Fo'shuur ma boi, noice'n'chill, fok da police"

Thank you for the insight, it must be hard to translate a light novel into a text easy to follow for non-native readers.

this is how isekais are ending their mangas now or is it just me???

i knew this chapter would be the last since her father is gonna make cyril a noble, then read ln for continuatuion bait

welp, time to read the LN

Fed-Kun's army
I recommend reading the LN for the continuation because the story is so damn good

Dex-chan lover
Are you serious, all that build-up just for a to be continued, but you have to read the LN lmao. Can't believe I stayed up to binge read this and sacrificed my sleep for Monday out of all days to get bamboozled...

Users who are viewing this thread