Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Contributor
@Kakkoiikun you did a pretty decent job, I'd say. While yes, the quality isn't the best, it also isn't anywhere near what I would call bad. As for the translation, while I can't speak for how accurate or not it may have been, there wasn't any grammar mistakes or typos that caught my attention while reading, which is very nice. I've seen some that, while the translation may have been really accurate, the grammar structure was in Japanese (or at least not using English grammar structure), and it was a lot harder to follow what was being said.

Supporter
dD2MIYf.png

Aggregator gang
Lol I didn't even notice any problems when I was reading the chapter XD So I would say you did a nice job :) thanks!

Contributor
I would never have guessed it was google translated without the end card, so don't be so hard on yourself OP. Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
it was readable and it matched what was happening and what it looked like the expression were trying to convey so I think you did a great job.

@caitsith That's because dryly using the imperative'd be too rude for Japanese standards considering he is running a business(I know the series isn't set in Japan, but these customs are hard to get rid of when you write). Even when you are a complete ass, shopkeepers and staff still politely ask you to get out, even if their tone is anything but polite.
As for using 『行きな』, it's a speech pattern I only hear from some older people, but it has the same meaning as using dictionary form, the 『な』 in there is roughly the same thing as putting an "ok" at the end.
Btw, it seems I was right about the kanji, although it can also be written with 『他所』(my word processor actually recommends this kanji over the other one when I type "yoso", in fact) for the same meaning, and the jisho page for it has the "going elsewhere" meaning explicitly: https://jisho.org/search/%E4%BB%96%E6%89%80%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%8D.
That said, both meanings are acceptable either way: https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/227852/meaning/m0u/(1.よそへ行くこと 2.外出するときの衣服や持ち物), so sounds like it's up for context, and I think the interpretation she should go away makes more sense

Group Leader
@Kakkoiikun

pg13: よそ行きな = go away.

pg26: 一瞬殺気が = instant killing aura

pg30: the container says -koyaki, or Takoyaki, cut off (as if it weren't obvious already from the tools and chapter lol)

edit*oops someone beat me to pg19. keep up the good work, and good luck!

Sorry, I can't help with pg19 either, here's the raw for anyone interested:
何か足りないと思ったのよね

レオニッドもう一軒です
すみません早く飲んで

Supporter
We've encountered way worse scanlation.. Thanks for the chapters!

@ Kakkoiikun
What the heck!? That was all machine translation!? :D Too bad I did not realize because I was too busy enjoying the fluff. It was edited well enough that it was really enjoyable so don't worry about it! Thank you for your work!

Group Leader
@JGCR Interesting! It seems odd to me that the reading for 他所行き is shown as たしょゆき when it means "going elsewhere" (in jisho, anyway), but I'll take your word for it. Definitely seems like a better fit for the context.

@yuu-oniichan Thanks for sharing the raw text for that page! Have to admit that I'm still pretty lost, hahaha. I'd probably translate it as "I thought I was missing something! You live on your own now! Sorry, I'll drink this quickly..." but that last bit is pretty iffy. Oh, well.

Group Leader
yeah. was pretty good considering it was machine translated. thanks editor-san

It seemed like fine quality to me. Thank you for picking it up, especially if you are serious about even half that schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread