Am I Your Daughter?

Supporter
The main character could be replaced with a dog or a cat and the story wouldn't change a bit. Seriously, she's a cardboard box with a cute face that neither says or does anything. There's a shit ton of stories like this on mangadex and this one has to be the most boring one.

I normally hate this kind of protagonist. She is just too dumb and never actually do anything, the plot just kind of happens around her and she just stood there with that surprised pikachu face. But I can at least tolerate this one since she is like that because she is still just a kid who got put into situations that she can’t comprehend. I mean, try throwing any kid in that kind of mess and they would have reacted like that. She is dumb because most kids are dumb. Yes, she was 18 in her past life but she never got out of the house since the count “adopted” her so she didnt have any actual social interaction since she was a child and therefore could not grow up mentally. Not to mention the years of abuse have made her too scared and weary to act (except when there is something she absolutely cannot compromise with, like going through all those abuse again for example). So, in short, what i’m saying is that this girl get a lot of hate and I kind of see why, but there is a reason she act the way she does and while you don’t have to like her (I don’t), just don’t hate on her too much.

The cover of the manhwa is literally the only face she makes throughout all the chapter's I've read... was cute at first, but quickly became overused.

i just wanna bang my head to the wall, this girl is too freaking dumb and even reincarnated she cant do shit and express her mind
sorry to rant, but she is the worst reincarnated girl ever

This series is so boring, and nothing really happens over 20+ chapters. I recommend you skip it

Yall the author is so mean on twitter bcs of the translation. She said the people who reads illegal translation should die. But this series is not even that good with that stupid mc ugh

@ponta666
You are indeed correct that two plot lines for the mothers aren’t the same, but what I actually meant was that there was some sort of magic or “god” like power that was able to help create Hailynn in this story that the Duke may not have been aware of when he met the mother.
Yes, everyone remembers who the woman was in this story while everyone else forgotten Estrella’s mother in the other story. But the big question that both stories have similarly is that why did both fathers, from both stories, forget the MC’s mothers?
Well, we all know that Estrella’s mother was born under a God’s power that they can easily be forgotten and therefore die because of it which is why her mother is no longer with her and why nobody really remembers her for whatever reason.
In this one, there’s a possibility that there was magic or some sort of power involved in this one as Hailynn’s father doesn’t remember being intimate with anyone, but Hailynn is the proof of it.
Like @Chocomallows has mentioned, my comment was merely based on the mystery connection between the two moreso than the plots themselves.

Fed-Kun's army
since we're all describing her surprise pikachu face, i just wanna say that her having that face on all the time just ruins the mood of the story because it looks so inappropriate against the context of the scene and panel :/
@Mzattwuuuu this is so fuckin funny ajdfkahudfiah the author is saying this with their whole chest as if the people reading it would suddenly drop dead from the shame of reading this illegally

Sorry for my bad grammar.

Why are all of you judging her for acting ‘dumb’?

She was ABUSED. Have any of you been abused? Can you even imagine what is to go through that? If not, then please shut your mouth.
how do you expect a kid to be mature or act like an adult when she grew up with no human contact and ‘confined’ in a hut? You’ll are the dumb ones without common sense.

I'm grateful for the translation but this story isn't anything special so, if you're looking for something unique then this ain't it. It's like an amalgamation of other popular noble daughter stories.

The amount of flowers used to adorn the panels puts old shoujos from the 20th century to shame.

Also, I can't believe the author is saying stuff like we should die for reading the translation. How unpleasant.

This... not to be that person but why is the rating higher than 8? Like, yea the MC is not the brightest but I guess it’s understandable because of her past trauma (but it’s still annoying because there’s no attempt by her to learn more about anything. Like other comments say, she’s literally surprised pikachu the whole time) and all the characters tick me off so much. Like why tf did the prince just pluck out her hair while complimenting her?? (I read that far and him doing that was the last straw lol).

Just. None of the characters are likable and they’re all cliche. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for cliche stories but you can tell this is just a ripoff of other better stories cuz it just doesn’t execute it well.
And there are so many things that happen for no reason. Like when she got called to the emperor’s palace she was in one outfit in the duke’s residence but then changed outfits to go to the palace?? You tryna tell me that in that stressful situation y’all were like “why don’t we change your outfit”??
Also, it was brought up that she may not have been the Duke’s daughter but the duke’s father’s daughter (in other words the duke’s sister) but then that thought was completely forgotten apparently and it went straight to her being his daughter.

I’m so sorry for this long rant of a review but I just had to get it out. I dont recommend it. the art is nice tho. But if you do want a good story and amazing art I do recommend “who made me a princess” 😂

Dex-chan lover
the characters making it dumb fall to the author's fault. it looks entirely made just for acting cute.

THE WHOLE TIME I WAS READING THIS I'M CONFUSED.
MC is okay but I have questions regarding her though but the other characters are bad they don't even talk to her that much they just stare at her and react to her cuteness. This could've been a good manhwa with really beautiful art but ..

Users who are viewing this thread