Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! - Vol. 22 Ch. 217 - What A Strange Guy.

She looks like she got lost and accidentally fell into this manga. Pretty sure it's too late for relationship-drama at this point. Manabu and Megumi and pretty much married.

UNPOPULAR OPINION....
manabu is a lowkey total pervert to amano and using his "study hard" shit, just to get distracted from her....

Dex-chan lover
I thought Gyarus were tanned-skinned blondes. She seems more like a Gal, flashy/fashionable cloths and accessories.

Dex-chan lover
I thought Gyarus were tanned-skinned blondes. She seems more like a Gal, flashy/fashionable cloths and accessories.
@RanmaChaos Just to clarify this a bit for future reference if you're curious and haven't already looked into it more or something, gyaru and gal are the same thing (specifically, gyaru is Japan taking the word "gal" and using it for this purpose, while translations of stuff from Japan will often throw it back to gal I guess), and it's more of an umbrella term for a wide variety of fashion subcultures. I've actually found a wiki type of site dedicated to the subject before while trying to look up one of the more obscure gyaru types mentioned in some other manga I was reading.

There were a lot more types listed there than I'd ever heard of anywhere before, and considering the type of wiki it was... it was probably somewhat out of date every time anyone looked at it. I imagine various types of gyaru rise and fall all the time since it's a fashion thing. The conventional gyaru we see most in manga seem to be somewhere along the lines of the "kogal" gyaru which roughly matches both of your descriptions of a "gyaru" or a "gal." The tanning is common but probably not necessary to fit this sub-type, otherwise maybe there's a divergence from kogal into two other subtypes and I just don't have a name on hand for either of them, but in either event the root of most manga gyaru is likely kogal.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro Gyaru...is...Gal?😮
tenor.gif

But seriously, thanks for the info. I'll try and find that wiki you mentioned.

Dex-chan lover
@RanmaChaos I checked again for it myself when writing that and actually found two of them, not sure which one would be better so feel free to compare them. Link 1 and link 2. Honestly not sure which one I found that other time, it was quite some time back. But part of what I said about kogal was basically paraphrasing what it said on link 2.

Dex-chan lover
This MC exerts absolutely no jock energy. I've seen manga try to do the nerd MC before but when he holds up the book and doesn't say anything like "See?? see?? we're trying out for the same university?? Isn't studying for it exciting??" Whhoo boy.

Dex-chan lover
This MC exerts absolutely no jock energy. I've seen manga try to do the nerd MC before but when he holds up the book and doesn't say anything like "See?? see?? we're trying out for the same university?? Isn't studying for it exciting??" Whhoo boy.

Users who are viewing this thread