Anemone is in Heat - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Secret Between Us

emm yes

she still blame her for the entrace exam thou lmao. i bet the weak girl gonna found out and feel guilty, hence a recipe for drama

Dex-chan lover
That blindfold makes it thrice as hot, very nice. I wish they tried to have more panels with her blushing with blindfold on without drawing eyes beneath it.

I get annoyed every time I reread this chapter, so I guess I'm finally gonna post about it:

Hammurabi did not coin the phrase "an eye for an eye". While the Code of Hammurabi is notable for its use of reciprocal punishment and does include provisions about loss of eyes and teeth, the phrase itself comes from the Book of Exodus in the Bible.

Dex-chan lover
@Daxar Well, the title is probably symbolic, so it's not easy to translate.

熱を帯びる means "tinged with heat", "feverish" or even "passion".

It's a feeling of warmth, excitement, increased tension, emotional.

https://thesaurus.weblio.jp/content/熱を帯びる are all the meanings of 熱を帯びる

So, the title could translate something like "The Anemone Gets Hot/Warm", or "The Anemone In Passion", "The Anemone Becomes Lively/Emotional". But certainly not in the "in heat" (as in, looking for sex) meaning.

It's clearly The Anemone, the flower, unless there's a character named Anemone (and I don't see any).

And flower symbolism is something that Japanese (especially women) can take seriously. It's called Hanakotoba.

In Japan, red anemones say “I love you”; white anemones symbolize sincerity, anticipation and hope; purple says “I trust and wait for you”.

More generally, the anemone symbolizes forsaken love.

So, translating the title exactly, or the feeling the author wants to give, is quite arduous, because there are probably multiple layers of meaning that would be lost in translation.

Best bet would probably to just use the romanized title, to play it safe, "Anemone Wa Netsu O Obiru"

Heck, 'Anemone's Passion' would be a better English title than the current one. I was avoiding this for a while cause the name made me think it was a lot spicier than it is.

How do the translations of series names get decided on here, anyway? Can this one be changed?

Power Uploader
Heck, 'Anemone's Passion' would be a better English title than the current one. I was avoiding this for a while cause the name made me think it was a lot spicier than it is.

How do the translations of series names get decided on here, anyway? Can this one be changed?
Thank you for your submission to the annual April Fool's Anemone Renaming Ceremony! Your response has been filed.

The winner will be selected by a panel of judges and the winning title will be assigned to the manga for the duration of April 1st, 2024. No further input from you is necessary.

Dex-chan lover
Please don't end up like Your Lie in April. Please don't end up like Your Lie in April. Please don't end up like Your Lie in April. Please don't end up like Your Lie in April.

Users who are viewing this thread