Anemone is in Heat - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - Sensei

Dex-chan lover
Banned
I already said that of myself, even.
Since you got triggered last time and wrote down all your fucking life-story, i have to ask: Is the reason why you don't understand manga because of past trauma? Or did something happen with your girlfriend? No matter the reason, you should vent it over at twitter or dynasty-scans.
Irony/10

It's not, that's called pedophilia at worst. Grooming would be if the adult actively tryed to force the kid into having feeling for him. It's literaly the opposite here, and the author clearly shown it...
Don't bother arguing with them about 2D in 3D terms. That's what they want. That's how they understand 2D. I genuinely think it's because there is no Genshiken of our time to actually educate them on what it means to be an otaku anymore. They literally "don't get it".

Dex-chan lover
I have used no slurs.
It's not, that's called pedophilia at worst. Grooming would be if the adult actively tryed to force the kid into having feeling for him. It's literaly the opposite here, and the author clearly shown it...
Pedophilia usually is defined by sexual contact. I was replying to a statement that it was ok without touching. Pay attention.

Dex-chan lover
Since you got triggered last time and wrote down all your fucking life-story, i have to ask: Is the reason why you don't understand manga because of past trauma? Or did something happen with your wife? No matter the reason, you should vent it over at twitter or dynasty-scans.
See, you don’t understand that fiction can be criticised. That’s just… reality. The medium is not relevant, at all.

I can say a book is bad, no matter what shape it is. I can say a painting sucks, no matter what type of paint is used or style or styles are used.

I can say a statue is good, but could be better, no matter how old it is.

Art is always subject to criticism.

”BUT ANIME/MANGA IS ABOVE ALL CRITICISM!” Is absolutely delusional.

Banned
See, you don’t understand that fiction can be criticised. That’s just… reality. The medium is not relevant, at all.

I can say a book is bad, no matter what shape it is. I can say a painting sucks, no matter what type of paint is used or style or styles are used.

I can say a statue is good, but could be better, no matter how old it is.

Art is always subject to criticism.

”BUT ANIME/MANGA IS ABOVE ALL CRITICISM!” Is absolutely delusional.
Nobody says you aren't allowed to criticize something. But if you don't understand the medium, your criticism is not valid. That is the whole point. You literally just don't get it. I explained it to you TWO times now, and neither one of those you engaged. Instead you keep baiting, and get your lefty friends in here to accuse me of being a transphobe or something. Unironic mentally-ill, terminally online twitcel behaviour.

I ask again: Is the cause of your inability to understand this past trauma?

Dex-chan lover
Nobody says you aren't allowed to criticize something. But if you don't understand the medium, your criticism is not valid. That is the whole point. You literally just don't get it. I explained it to you TWO times now, and neither one of those you engaged. Instead you keep baiting, and get your lefty friends in here to accuse me of being a transphobe or something. Unironic mentall-ill terminally online twitcel behaviour.

I ask again: Is the cause of your inability to understand this past trauma? Or did your girlfriend beat you up? Did you beat her up?
See, the fictional story is populated by human beings and takes place in a real place.
As such, if I look at it as a story about people in a place interacting with each other, then my criticism is valid.

A story is a story.

I’m religiou, to a degree. I read the Bible. But I read it with a critical eye. I know the context in and intent for which it was written, but, I can also say that a lot of it makes no sense, is cobbled together and I disagree with big chunks of it. The people in it do all kinds of messed-up stuff.

Various groups will say that I just don’t understand it and yadd yadda yadda whatever. Slaughter of the innocent isn’t ok. Homophobia isn’t ok. Incest isn’t ok.
Writing is never above criticism.

Last edited:
Banned
See, the fictional story is populated by human beings and takes place in a real place.
As such, if I look at it as a story about people in a place interacting with each other, then my criticism is valid.

A story is a story.
And 2D is told in a way that is unique to 2D. You can't go to a wholesome yuri manga, or wholesome yuri manga in general, where once a couple is formed, they usually stay together until they die, and throw words around like "GROOMER", "PEDOPHILE", "CHILD ABUSE" and all other things, just because two girls destined for each other found themselves with age gap and in a studentxteacher position. This is not real life. You are actually deranged. Can't you see that?

Man, you should check out some MotherxDaughter age-gap yuri, that one will blow your mind. Retard.

Dex-chan lover
Pedophilia usually is defined by sexual contact. I was replying to a statement that it was ok without touching. Pay attention.
Yeah, and in this work is a woman that spend at least 4 year resisting the advances of a young girl. It's explicitly stated that she literaly never did anyting to her and kept a platonic relationship. She finaly fell in love with said girl after entire year of being seduced and still did her best to not do anything before she graduate.

The adult literaly didn't do a single things that could be called off, and you people are screaming like madman because after year, she started to losen her guard just before the girls graduated from highschool (meaning becoming an adult)...

I have used no slurs.
Yeah cose this
You are gross.
is better than slurs...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, and in this work is a woman that spend at least 4 year resisting the advances of a young girl. It's explicitly stated that she literaly never did anyting to her and kept a platonic relationship. She finaly fell in love with said girl after entire year of being seduced and still did her best to not do anything before she graduate.
I’m replying to a person, not the manga.

Yes, saying someone is gross, is better than slurs. Thanks for agreeing.

Dex-chan lover
And 2D is told in a way that is unique to 2D. You can't go to a wholesome yuri manga, or wholesome yuri manga in general, where once a couple is formed, they usually stay together until they die, and throw words around like "GROOMER", "PEDOPHILE", "CHILD ABUSE" and all other things, just because two girls destined for each other found themselves with age gap and in a studentxteacher position. This is not real life. You are actually deranged. Can't you see that?
”Anything is ok in manga because manga is my favourite and destiny and I love manga so it’s ok blah blah blah blah”.
Man, you should check out some MotherxDaughter age-gap yuri, that one will blow your mind. Retard.
That’s… reprehensible.
It doesn’t blow my mind. It’s just disgusting and shouldn’t exist.

Keeeep digging.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Eiko and Enami aren’t taken seriously like these two so the creepiness doesn’t feel real either tbh (guess cuz it’s a comedy 4-Koma where it’s just a gag for the most part)
They have been sidelined a bit lately, but Eiko's love for Enami is treated 100% seriously, you'll see once it gets to the christmas date chapters.

Banned
”Anything is ok in manga because manga is my favourite and destiny and I love manga so it’s ok blah blah blah blah”.

That’s… reprehensible.
It doesn’t blow my mind. It’s just disgusting and shouldn’t exist.

Keeeep digging.
"Anything is ok in manga"

You can't be this stupid, can you? I'm done. I sometimes still try with people like you, but i think you just miss something very crucial. You never developed an proper, deeper understanding of the medium. Go watch Genshiken to understand otaku culture and 2D in general. Maybe you will get it one day. I kind of doubt it, though.

Dex-chan lover
"Anything is ok in manga"

You can't be this stupid, can you? I'm done. I sometimes still try with people like you, but i think you just miss something very crucial. You never developed a proper, deeper understanding of the medium. Go watch Genshiken to understand otaku culture and 2D in general. Maybe you will get it one day. I kind of doubt it, though.
I have read that manga. Good story, like the characters, not big on some of what they draw, because it has some big problems in it.
It changes nothing.

I can criticise both a fictional work AND a culture. That culture has problems. Namely all the incest and pedophilia being popular.

It is full of reprehensible trash along with fantastic works of great artistic importance and basic stories of no real consequence.

All can be criticised the same as any other fictional work.

Fed-Kun's army
Yep, done with this grooming shit. And until this arc I actually considered this manga better than blooming into you. Now the only Yuri better than blooming into you is "can't defy the lonely girl". And that one luckily already ended without any gross shit in it at all, that one just stayed wholesome.

Dex-chan lover
20 in Japan.
I'm not sure where you're getting 20 from in terms of sex? For example for Tokyo I can't seem to find anything that'd suggest it being more than 18, which is also the legal age for marrying... and apparently adulthood too since last year. Granted, I can't recall if Anemone is placed in Tokyo or if it is even specified. At any rate you don't have to be a legal adult to legally have sex, after all. For example where I live it's 18 for adulthood and marriage, but 16 for sex... although that does rise to 18 if there's an "authority" factor involved like with a student and teacher.
So, no, a young girl spending year fawning over a sexy school nurse in the hope that one day she reciprocate her feeling is not grooming. It's literaly the opposite.
But well, retard will be retard...
Yeah, I gotta say that grooming really seems to be such an overused - and more importantly misused - word, and I don't mean just in this particular thread. Kinda makes the word lose its meaning.

But speaking of something like this specific scenario, even if it was real life, and people calling it gross... seems to me it's really not that simple. You indeed have a girl pursuing an older woman for years, which would clearly be more than some passing youthful spur of the moment thing. Is it inconceivable a teacher would fall for a smart, driven student like her over time? Since she's graduating she should probably be 18 already at this point and is the pursuer rather than the pursued, I just don't see how the teacher would be gross - she's kept from stepping over the line all this time despite the "relentless" advances, so if anything she's being very mindful of the circumstances. Some gross depraved pervert wouldn't bother holding back. The teacher's age isn't specified, I reckon 25+ minimum since she was already a teacher/nurse 3-4 years ago at least, but it doesn't even matter that much. It doesn't invalidate it being possible for both parties to honestly love each other in a healthy way. And as long as it's also legal like it would seem to be in this case, who's got the right to call it gross in the end? People often call things gross/wrong/etc. and even want to ban them even when it has nothing to do with them. Stuff like homophobia for example.

There are definitely some very questionable romance portrayals in manga, but to me this one seems to be on the mild side. And on a bit of a side tangent I still find it somewhat funny when people freak out over fictional depictions of romance and sex, but at the same time don't bat an eye on fictional depictions of killing people and stuff like that. Or of course simply another manga favorite: child soldiers, even if the thing they're fighting isn't other humans. On which note, incidentally a child soldier is someone under 18, while at 18 you can legally become a soldier in most places, Japan included. If an 18-year-old couldn't consensually legally date/have sex with someone older than them but could legally have killing people as their job... yeah, talk about absurd.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, done with this grooming shit. And until this arc I actually considered this manga better than blooming into you. Now the only Yuri better than blooming into you is "can't defy the lonely girl". And that one luckily already ended without any gross shit in it at all, that one just stayed wholesome.

Can't defy the lonely girl started off in the worst possible way though which turned a LOT of people off (including me for a bit).
BUT, it worked out fine-ish in the end. They did subtly mention how weird the beginning was but fuck it, I'll suspend my disbelief as i loved all of the pairings and the drama didn't overstay it's welcome at all because turns out, talking will help.

Dex-chan lover
She is travelling down a path that will eventually get her hurt. I remember an old quote, "Puppy love always leads to a dog's life"... Thanks for the chapter and translation

Dex-chan lover
They have been sidelined a bit lately, but Eiko's love for Enami is treated 100% seriously, you'll see once it gets to the christmas date chapters.
Oh no her love can be serious but I meant the manga itself doesn’t take the whole relationship seriously due to it format and generes ya know, so it won’t get too deep like THIS manga where it shows off how creepy it is

Dex-chan lover
This isn't about 2d vs 3d, and it's not about not being allowed to criticise. It's about the inability to engage with literary intent, and instead forcing your current worldview onto any literary work. This kind of hyper sensitive behavior is a form of puritanism. It's the same kind of behavior as if somebody is angry about a book mentioning the Devil even if the book is not promoting Devil Worship.

The idea that an author can not approach a topic even as a cautionary tale, or showing the characters behaving appropriately within the topic, because it has become taboo to you personally makes you defective not the author.

As an extreme example, if someone reads Lolita and thinks it's promoting Humbert's behavior that's on them as a reader not Nabokov.

This kind of aggressive secular puritanism that breeds online is just as intellectually bankrupt as traditional religious puritanism, and it is what people are lashing out against even if the only way they have in their vocabulary to describe it is "Twitter Culture."

Users who are viewing this thread