Angel or Villainess - Ch. 21

I get that MC’s anger is motivating her in this timeline but damn do I feel bad for the fiancé :((((( even tho they will eventually separate in this timeline, I do hope he kinda gets a happy ending too

She clearly has PTSD. Can't really blame her for not wanting to get emotionally attached to Cassiel.

Dex-chan lover
Our girl needs to hurry up and realize that Cassiel was never the problem and realize that the one in front of her is not the same as the one from before in the end.

@shionlee
100%
The cruel thing is that even DESPITE learning about the love potion later, the trauma that the future Cassiel had done to Jayna left behind a scar that can't heal completely. So... they WON'T be together. No "Abandoned Empress" situation here. She has major PTSD that simply cannot allow her to see Cassiel in a romantic light again, no matter how much he truly loves her, and it will hurt Cassiel as a result.

To all the people asking why she's not just "giving him a chance," and why she doesn't realize "this one is different."

I'd like to see you guys not only forgive the love of your life for:

1. Betraying a decade (or longer romance) for the first pretty girl that blows his way.
2. Embarrass you in front of a very important audience, for said pretty girl.
3. Fucking be a part of your own goddamn execution and seem completely unflinching while doing so.

... but also fall madly in love with them again. Brainwashing or not, those are things you just don't easily get over, goddamn.

P.S. If you answered yes to this scenario, idk what to tell you other than, ya'll need to have more respect for yourselves, seriously.

Dex-chan lover
@97854324 fuckin TELL EM BRO. real shit jayna has every right to be like this with what she knows of the current situation.

Fed-Kun's army
@97854324: he hasn't even done any of those at the moment and he was
controlled by the bitch angela in the previous timeline
. I understand her trauma and i also understand she is unable to forget and forgive him, but she should be at least polite to him. She is really rude in this chapter, imagine your fiancee tells you to accompany another woman to a party...

Maybe Cassiel will get a better ending hopefully since we understand he’s a really nice lad brainwashing aside. Angela can go in a ditch.

wait what, (correct me if im wrong)

i thought he fell in love with angela cause of a spell or something so like, against his will

did mc not consider her actions might change the future?

What she’s doing isn’t right but I like the fact that the author didn’t outright outshine her trauma for “love”. I hope this continues and later she can forgive him.

Well, at least it’s not Abandoned Empress.

Isn’t she being silly right now? She knows that Janya used spells and brainwashing while stealing her fiancé. So why is she acting like he was ‘destined’ to betray her. I’m confused did I miss something? I get not wanting to be close because of the scars of betrayal BUT she knows how it happened and she actively stopped it for now, why she gotta be rude?

@bunny-km1 she does consider her actions can change the future.
Problem is
At this point in time she doesn't know that her Fiance was given a love potion in the past. She thought he fell in love with Angela at first sight. The love potion has only been hinted to exist at this time not that it is actually in existence.

Also even if she did know that he was under a spell she has PTSD from when she was betrayed in past so she can no longer love him.

I'm seriously baffled people keep saying Jayna is being rude considering where the plot is.

Yes Cassiel might have been
under Angela's influence in the past
, but you guys are acting like Jayna has to be both omniscient and instantly know at this point in time all of the circumstances in the past and render judgements on them instantly, and also completely immune to PTSD.

Again, this doesn't mean that Cassiel isn't pitiable or that he's done anything wrong in this timeline; that's part of the tragedy. But taking that to mean that Jayna is heartless because she doesn't want to be attached to someone who betrayed her so completely in the past (in her eyes), is way over the line. In her, and the reader's eyes from a meta narrative point of view, it's clear to see how her actions towards Cassiel are justified.

Yet apparently people seem to think that that her being rude to someone in order to distance themselves from them is a damnable offense given all of these factors?

And again, it doesn't matter whether she knows the circumstances or not; reason and logic are not cures for mental trauma, as anyone who has ever given bare bones psychology a cursory glance would know.

Seriously don't understand this comment section.

I mean regardless of whether Cassiel was
under a spell by Angela
or not, at the end of the day Jayna doesn't owe him anything either. "She's being rude," sure, but she is using him to frame Angela for stealing her man, regardless of whether he actually 'loves' Angela in this timeline or not. Doesn't matter if he doesn't, Jayna needs people to see her as an innocent and well-meaning girl who is being used by Angela. The scenario she has now set up is:

Her fiancee takes Angela to her social debut. People titter about it. Jayna says she wanted Angela to have the best social debut. People go "aww, that's so nice of Jayna." Angela puts her foot in her mouth and/or does something unsightly at her own debut, people pity Jayna for having to deal with such an uncultured girl, and Jayna looks like a patient saint. Bonus points if she DOES manage to put Angela and Cassiel in a compromising situation, now she looks even more like a saint.

Cassiel's feelings don't matter. The idea here that Jayna, who is literally slowly taking another girl's life apart as well as all her cohorts, is supposed to be polite and do all the morally good things that the reader wants from all their picture perfect female characters, is laughable. Why do we care if she's rude to Cassiel? Sure he seems nice, but all's fair in getting back at that bitch Angela.

Aggregator gang
guess it really was a flat out love potion, as suggested a few chapters ago.
wonder how it was administered though?

Users who are viewing this thread