Anyone know how to place trap detrction on a door? (IRL)

Dex-chan lover
Google can't help me, because Minecraft, Terraria, and literral trapdoor

I want to place a handmade/cheap trap detection on my door

So I would know someone tried open my door or got into my room

Edit: My door has a door handle, not a doorknob, swings into my room.
It can also be opened by using its key, so placing an object on the door handle is not gonna work

The one from Death Note was hardcore

Dex-chan lover
depending on how your door swings, if it swings towards you, you could put tape in one of the corners, top right or bottom right. (I'm assuming the hinge is on the left) Check the tape before opening your door to see if it was ripped off the frame of the door.

Can't really help if it swings inside. (goes into the room)

Sorry for not being useful, but I thought you wanted to have a trap detector in your door to detect traps
Trap detected?
auto-draft-1.jpg
Do you mean putting a trap on your door? Try the classic. Just crack the door open a little and put something at the top. It will fall to the bottom and hit the person, very cheap too. ez.

Contributor
I think the latest anti-@Plykiya devices are out of your price range, so maybe you'll have to kidnap someone who possesses a working trap-detector.

Dex-chan lover
oh yeah, just put a folded paper at the top of the door before closing, it'll fall. don't put it on top of the door though, on the side.

Dex-chan lover
I can't put a tape on my door (outsidel), because roomates will see me putting it.

Unless you guys were saying tape it inside, I don't know if it will work tho. I can tape it if I want to sleep, so it's a nice idea

tape is the easiest method.
use 2 piece of tape, conneect them using piece of paper.
1st tape on the inside of the room, 2nd tape on the outside.
so if the door has been opened, the paper will tear.
if the door hasnt been opened, youll hear the paper tear sound

Just watch Death Note. one of the early episodes has a segment on the entry detection things he did.

Contributor
Oddly enough the simpliest one is hair (already mentioned above). Just take a strand of hair and wet it with a bit of saliva, then place it so that it crosses where the door opens. It will surprisingly stay for quite some time, even days. If the hair is still there when you return, no one opened it, and if it gone, or not in original position, then someone opened the door.

Are you trying to simply know if someones been inside your bedroom or catch someone in particular? Depending on how fancy you wanna get, you could put a sock behind the door or a piece of rubbish as you leave so that when the door gets opened it will have moved, so when you get back you only would want to inch it open just enough to poke your head through to see if its still up against the door or if its 2 feet back to where the door would rest (did this one to know if my mum had gone in my room or not years ago). If you wanna get fancier you could rig up a infrared light sensor and bluetooth setup with some sort of door opening/closing counting program that shouldnt change if the door hasnt been opened since you last checked it but ticked up after someone else was in the room. You could alternatively get a dashcam to video the room from a unnoticeable spot while you are out.

How about a bell hung or tied to the door's inside handle?
Just to fuc with this person, do it randomly when they can't see it.
Or, tape multiple bells to the door as well.

Or buy a motion sensor activated sound player and set it to play something obnoxious.

If you also want to know who entered the room, then these days one could buy small camera's that record based on motion detection. But it sucks if a thief also steals the camera that only recorded on an SD.

Dex-chan lover
@Greenfrost

I thought it was obvious, OP is definitely a consieur of questionable interests and is expecting some black uniforms to gather evidence

Dex-chan lover
Well, my suggestion costs money, but a foolproof way is to change your door handle to a doorknob you'd use on a front door. Meaning it can be locked from the outside.

@KatoShuu
print a paint, a draw, it's not important what it is.
firmly hung it up near the door;
make a small sign in a corner facing the wall;
get a transparent fishing line or a string (< 0.18mm should be good)
glue that string to the paint or even better, sew a stitch with it;
make a simple knot with a loop on the other end;
make a dent on the outside of the door (bottom or top), not the doorframe, something that is big enough to place the string on it and has a good grip to hold it;
take the string outside carefully with you, close the door, place the string on the dent;
if you hung the paint high, you can use small nails to make a way to the bottom or top of the door.
if someone opens the door, the string will tear the paint;
if you open the door, make sure to remove the string from the dent;
if someone is smart enough to notice the 0.18mm string and even replace the paint, you just need to check if it has the sign on the corner.

edit: i forgot your door swings inside, so you'll have to tie the string to the doorframe, on the opposite side of the door handle.

Users who are viewing this thread