Arafoo Shachiku no Golem Master - Ch. 13 - Golem Master's Awakening

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector
Also, jokes on you, all you peeps that thought the mc would forgive and forget.
Well.... he fucking DID? So why Jokes on us? She is alive, even after betraying him, if you ask me, that is some forgive and forget shit... sure, he isnt all chummy with her after that, so he has the common sense to not longer be with someone who betrayed him or help her more (i mean, at least now she becomes a slave because she was that dumb), but just letting her go after she clearly tried to kill him is... well... i guess she is no danger, but the message it sends. On the other hand, that was bigger in the previous incident, because many could see that, this was in a dungeon, so, probably no one will ever really know anyway.

Its two-sided, on one hand he isnt dumb and doesnt trust other people, thats good, but on the other hand he is still very lenient when it comes to people that want harm him (but i guess thats just established now), as long as they back down when it comes to it or do it indirectly, well, at least he roasted the one that directly attacked him.

Dex-chan lover
@Azapuela

Three reasons:
1) She didn't want to betray him, but she did betray him. So letting her go scot-free is no-no.
2) He already said he didn't see what she did (betraying a stranger in favour of her mother) is anything wrong. However, she did betray him.
3) If he killed her, then the whole reason why she betrayed him, her mother, will likely die in turn. So he won't be killing just one girl, but also an ailing old woman who knows nothing. The weight of that death will weight down anyone, as anyone who has killed another will know.

Dex-chan lover
@Silwith sorry, the feeling I got from a lot of the people whining was the expectation that she was going to stay a part of the crew. Instead, he forgave, but did not forget.

She didn't want to harm him, only save herself, so she gets pity. Sort of. He did just leave her unconscious and with a possible concussion in the 40th floor of a dungeon that we don't know how fast the floors refill. Nevermind that even if she gets out, all chance to pay her debt is gone. Based on how badly she was treated by others before, it's quite possible that she is not getting off any easier than Mr Crispy.

@Aichan the old woman's only financial support is about to be sold by her creditors into slavery. She will starve to death. Honestly, I feel mercy would have been to kill the girl so she doesn't spend the rest of her wretched slave life tormented by failing her party, betraying the mc who was the only one who took pity on her, and failing to provide for her mother.

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector Well, that would be the worst possible outcome :D but yeah, he has the common sense to not help her further, so, as said, one could say he acts in an understandable and realistic way, but he isnt like what we would call a "ruthless MC". I mean, the MCs of Mangas like this are often this good-guy-clichee, helping everyone as the hero, in pretty much every situation, he is more understandable, he is open to help someone, but its not as extreme as in other mangas. I am good with that, i like ruthless MCs, but its not needed, i only really dislike this "i save every ant in the world"-attitude and he isnt like that, others would have excused helping her further with her mother and blablaa, but people have to take responsibility for their actions, she had the chance to save herself and her mother and she threw it away, so thats her fault, no need for third or fourth chances.

So... in the end... :D Im good with how he acted, he just needs to stay wary, since something like that CAN let others have the impression that he will be lenient with them if they try something.

Dex-chan lover
Logical af
bonds and friends are good but ya gotta do something first for yourself

Dex-chan lover
The agreement was for betrayal, not success. He specifically mentions she didn't have to kill him. If she was smart she would have agreed to the betrayal but demand payment up front (a down payment in the least). So that even if she failed, her or her mother would not be hounded by debtors. And if she got payment up front their was nothing stopping her from warning the MC of the trap when they are alone. Playing both sides would have been the best option for her here.

@icarushector True mercy would have been to give her a parting gift that would payoff her dept. To go above and beyond. She betrayed him, but he could have turned the other check and returned the betrayal with kindness. After all he did say that the betrayal meant nothing to him, and he just pitied her.

This would be very kind and noble, but also stupid and some what out of character for him.

Double-page supporter
Anyone else notice that elephant-head had a killer body...

Will she appear again in the manga? or is this the last time we see her?

Dex-chan lover
@CraniumAmbiguity Eh, giving her a gift in exchange for her wrongdoing is not mercy. Unearned blessings are grace. Unearned leniency is mercy.

He was already kind and Noble when he offered her a position on his crew with a outrageously favorable pay, and she essentially spat on it.

His nature seems to be generous opening, but zero second chances.

Group Leader
We all
Come from a place were our best friends can betray us for the smallest things, I see the world as Darwin’s theory “Survival of the Fittest” that could be put in as someone who is strong or intellectual. Welp life is life you’ll be betrayed by people who are “Loyal” to you

Dex-chan lover
Sherry is screwed more so since he let her live, her creditors are going to come to collect(make her a slave) in a couple days, she's done nothing to overturn her team killer reputation so no one else will party with her, the man who said he had taken on her debt(even though he probably didn't) is dead and I'm sure people saw her go into the labyrinth with him so that is another strike on her reputation. She'll obviously have to live a life on the run after this and she probably won't be able to bring her mother with her either not to mention living with the guilt of betraying someone who had wholly ignored her terrible reputation in the first place. I'd be surprised if she ever runs into MC again, though.

Dex-chan lover
I want to see this one of these guys that betray him appearing again in the future... specifically, I would like to see this girl again, since she will probably lost A LOT... Some redemption story are always welcome

Double-page supporter
Silver is misunderstanding "Survival of the Fittest". Being stronger or more intelligent can be less "fit" for a given environment. Being "fit" does not mean being superior. It just means being the right shape for the right hole.

Dex-chan lover
That was no mercy. Mercy would have been killing her, or at least hating her. Now she has to live with all her earlier baggage, slavery, failing her mother, and knowing she betrayed the only person willing to give her a fair chance. If she was hated, at least she could feel like she deserved it. Now, all the hate directed at her will come from her.

It really feels bizarre that some people think that killing someone is the only proper punishment for betrayal or something like that... I mean, it might be cathartic but if she is no threat anymore it really make a difference. Doesn't even serve to prove a point since the rest of the idiots are already dead. Only a psychopath kills for fun.

I think she got exactly what she deserved really.

Aggregator gang
"Dont apologize, you haven't done anything wrong"

Fuck you author

What a horrible “solution” to the problem of lack of trust! “Only if you are inhuman, if it is impossible for you to betray me, will I trust you.” XP

This mindset denies the very worth of humanity, the ability to choose. Might as well marry a fembot to approximate the actions and expressions of love... :\

Remember your value, take the risk, and look for someone worth braving the possibility of betrayal to be with—you won’t find what really matters in this sort of “safety”!

...preaching to myself here, by the way...

Users who are viewing this thread