Arafoo Shachiku no Golem Master - Ch. 16 - A Certain Love Poem

Dex-chan lover
Really? Your calling him human? He's a half-elf, you blind-sided crotch licker!

Fed-Kun's army
That cleric girl face was weird on the first pages, like she had this old school, 90's kinda look. She was badly drawn is what im saying

All of you talking about "human supremacy" and "humans are the real monsters" seem to have already forgotten that he's an elf.

Maybe some of you need to be reminded that, in Tolkien lore, there is nothing magical or enchanted about ancient elven blades like Foehammer or Sting. They were normal (though elven quality) steel. But they killed SO MANY goblins, millions upon millions of them, throughout millennia of constant usage, that dead steel LEARNED TO HATE goblin blood. Elven blades glow in the presence of goblin blood, but that's not an enchantment. The weapons are literally burning with rage. They are unintelligent, they are dead metal, there is no particular magic within them. But they have bathed for so long in goblins and goblin-kin that they become enraged in the presence of goblin flesh and blood, and burn with a cold and deathless fury.

The grudge of the ancient elves did that. Their grudge was so deep, that it taught mindless objects what hatred meant.

Fantasy elves are not nice people.

Thanks for your final tl, my guy. Hopefully other group will pick it. The story is mediocre at best. But, i’ll still read it :)

Dex-chan lover
fucking hell Author are you try to make feels sad for the orc!!

it doesn't work sins i feel nothing for this manga ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
... this felt entirely unnecessary. Like awkwardly so.

@Lord-Raine Tolkein also had VERY HARD evil alignment locks on goblins/orcs, as in devoid of good. Plus I'm pretty sure the source of evil in middle earth had a hate boner for the elves, so it wasn't like the enmity wasn't earned.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Did they just kill off the main character? Oh yeah. They killed off the main character.

Oh well. Story end.

Wait... what? Am I supposed to feel bad for the 'orcs'? Was humanizing the orcs supposed to show how edgy/immoral/unfeeling the MC is...? Well... Time to reread everything so I can figure out if I was supposed to have some attachment to that orc couple because that was random and out of left field and probably would've worked better was a 16.5 or something at the end of a volume thing.

Dex-chan lover
The orc thing felt weird thrown in there unless our MC is going to learn about general monster intelligence soon. If its just a standalone thing it just kinda hurts the flow.

@Lord-Raine Any citation on them not being magical or some elven blades not having that property?

You got quotes like this that suggest otherwise;
"No gleam came from the blades of Sting or of Glamdring; and that was some comfort, for being the work of Elvish smiths in the Elder Days these swords shone with a cold light, if any Orcs were near at hand."

Dex-chan lover
@sambenmaggie that doesn't really say the blades ware made to shine or anything really, just that 1, they ware made a long time ago and 2, they shine.

About the orcs, if that was just a onetime thing I think it would be a great addition to the story, random sure, but a nice onetime thing. Now I'm sure the author is going to make it a main plot point and soon the MC will be running a dungeon and sign up as a "dungeon master" and then the story goes to fucking hell from there, but if it doesn't! heh...

Dex-chan lover
@Valve The implication is that they shine because they are a product of the elves, whether that be magic or just how some of. technique works. Without evidence that they specifically are regular blades that only have gained their powers from killing goblins, its reasonable to assume otherwise.

Also, I disagree. Its very out of place and certainly makes the story feel disjointed if its a one off. It should be an extra, not thrown into the middle of an arc. Barring this becoming a plot point ofc.

Users who are viewing this thread