Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo - Vol. 11 Ch. 139 - Brainwashing End

Dex-chan lover
ahh i really loved the characters in this arc, they're all so well done! kokoro and bashi had pretty satisfying endings, but i do wish runa had a little more to her story honestly. just needed time to see where her life is going now and how all these experiences affected her in the end. either way, very excited for the next chapter!!

(side note: i've used the same mascara as runa, kinda funny)

Group Leader
So that's the end of the brainwashing arc. Hayato in particular was a very relatable character for me, and I really enjoyed Runa and Kokoro as well. Hopefully we get to see more of Runa in the future because her story feels kinda unfinished, like she's still focusing on being self-reliant but now has to find a new source of income.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what kind of business she wants to start... Also, "The Key to Success is Loneliness" speaks volumes about her current mindset.

FVdM0H8.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Supporter
Not sure I follow what happened with Kokoro in the end... Did she move on from Bashi? Turn into a hater?
Yeah this whole arc has been kind of confusing to follow. I'm sure part of that is the delay between chapters (no hate to mid duo, much love for translating, but it's definitely hard to keep the whole story in my head for months), but it's also just been a bit vague? The whole "idols having stage names" doesn't help, and same with Runa... sometimes I forget a character's alias, so then I don't know who is being referred to. Also in this chapter I noticed it a lot; speech bubbles without trailing lines attaching it to a person means you're trying to guess who is saying what line, which also makes it more confusing.

And I still don't see what the fan girl had to do with the story. I feel like she could have been dropped out of the story entirely and we wouldn't lose anything.

Group Leader
And I still don't see what the fan girl had to do with the story. I feel like she could have been dropped out of the story entirely and we wouldn't lose anything.
Even though Kokoro doesn't directly impact Hayato and Runa, I personally liked her addition to the story. She did a lot to humanize Bashi's fans and give context to how they view him. I'm pretty sure the intent was to further flesh out the main theme of brainwashing.

I also just found her funny LOL

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what kind of business she wants to start... Also, "The Key to Success is Loneliness" speaks volumes about her current mindset.

FVdM0H8.png

Thanks for the chapter!
well there is that stereotype? that all the top ceos are like sociopaths tho i imagine she wouldn't get bezos level successful even if she does end up being a small business owner tho surprised not some kinda feminist leaning title too, since while there are working office women most ppl don't think of female bosses that don't have another manager above them versus them being the head a a major company (tho feels like some of the 'conversation techniques' is something she would've learned during a sex worker too tho that's a bit diff than another business deal)

Aggregator gang
Yeah this whole arc has been kind of confusing to follow. I'm sure part of that is the delay between chapters (no hate to mid duo, much love for translating, but it's definitely hard to keep the whole story in my head for months), but it's also just been a bit vague? The whole "idols having stage names" doesn't help, and same with Runa... sometimes I forget a character's alias, so then I don't know who is being referred to. Also in this chapter I noticed it a lot; speech bubbles without trailing lines attaching it to a person means you're trying to guess who is saying what line, which also makes it more confusing.

Kokoro is an example of those who forgive and forget. She's definitely needed in the story

Dex-chan lover
Well at least I now know that brainwashing is a...32 step process. A bit long but pretty effective all the same, as evident by all the characters who got caught up in what I can only call a fiasco.

Thank you for the translation (those books Runa is reading is a clear indication of her acceptance into becoming a villainess. And we all know that's in vogue these days right).

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating !

Kokoro's panels are a little confusing, but it seems like she kind of love & hate bashi now. She learned that Bashi isn't as she dreamed, laments about it on socials, and changed her oshi.

I guess she was just there to represent the "average" idol fan. Too invested, and jumping ships when the grass is greener elsewhere. And mostly inconsequential when alone. In the end, Kokoro was barely more than an afterthought for bashi, while Runa drived the whole story without being a fan.

As for Runa... looks like she is ready for grinding at life. She has crazy mental strength: breaking up, changing her life, suing randoms, all in a day's work. She can't understand idol culture because money is really her true oshi.

Dex-chan lover
Kokoro is an example of those who forgive and forget. She's definitely needed in the story
Wait, isn't she the one hating on Bashi on Twitter? If she is, she didn't forgive, nor forget. She is being consumed by her hatred.
But if she isn't, then yes. But it was confusing, so I understood it as "Kokoro is still angry and really salty and got a new 'fave' that might not be a real fave of hers."

I do hope we see the conclusion of Runa's story and how the legal battle unfolds.

Hmmm, i feel like this arc wasnt really closed out at all. Feels quite inconclusive imo

Users who are viewing this thread