Best way to help stop cramping in legs?

Fed-Kun's army
i sit down, a lot, lately after taking walks and jogs i come home only to have really bad massive cramps in my legs, ive been told potassium should help, but im not about to down 12 bananas in one go
any suggestions?

Dex-chan lover
Magnesium would be more helpful in your case then potassium, and getting enough water based fluids.
Without knowing how much sweat you a putting out I'd be wary of adding much sodium, so I'd recommend slow absorbing Magnesium and lemon water or milk to balance your electrolytes and ease your cramps.

Fed-Kun's army
585545848478236674.webp

will keep that in mind
864122398033575966.webp

Dex-chan lover
Strength/Resistance Training and Flexibility Training

Muscles that are weak, compensate by being tight particularly for extended endurance. Cramps can be debated to be protective mechanism to avoid overstretch.

Stretching evidence is odd but it helps your body get used to stretches thus possibly less likely to feel the need to protect and cramp itself.

General Electrolytes appear to help but Magnesium seems like the usual prescription.

Hopefully you do other things other than only running, or have graded your runs appropriately, or have relative rest but not total rest between runs

Users who are viewing this thread