Bocchi Hakase to Robot Shoujo no Zetsubou Teki Utopia - Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Lonely Professor and Partings

That was an...anticlimactic ending to say the least. All that build up for the Professor dying and nothing. I almost feel like we should have ended back when he was on his deathbed at least that gave me feels.

Dex-chan lover
The manga ends ...not with a bang, but with a whimper. On an unexpectedly happy note, or perhaps bitter-sweet as we know the professor has not much time left.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like the author had meant to write a volume 3 for this.
It ended well-enough, and enabled him to write an even better meditation on death: https://mangadex.org/title/48045/sousou-no-frieren

Lol, for a second I thought it was another robot lying to them because she’s lonely. But the next panel shows many people smiling.

Dex-chan lover
to all the persons in the comments
the profesor is dead in the chapter 17, all next chapters were a holograph, see the professor line is transparent after chaper 17

i liked this, it did the best it could these short few volumes

Dex-chan lover
Well, I can't exactly say I'm disappointed with this conclusion. Had it gone the 'The Terrarium With Key' route, we'd seen the the prof's body slowly rot on the boat, and once it arrive in NY, the girl would have been restrained and cut to spare parts by unscrupulous resource hunters...

Dex-chan lover
maybe the prof is now a cyborg and the blood cough is from drawback after operation

Fed-Kun's army
This last chapter is like the question of the Snake and the Little Prince.

I think that it’s more likely the professor died in the last chapter 32 or stayed alive. In 16 and 17, we see him preparing the letter and getting sick, but he still coughs up blood afterwards (32, in the sink, as well).

Moreover, in 32, she says she wants to bury him w/ his parents at the view.

33, we see that kindve glitch with his legs. And, they don’t have a panel showing him getting food for the trip. But, that could still be a mistake on drawing, so he could be alive.

Dex-chan lover
If you think this is ambiguous, you're in denial. He's dead as shit and has been for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread