Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Vol. 5 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Should have severed that bitch-kid arm, but oh well... at least piggy lord got JUSTICE'd

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo Sure, she could have executed it in more secrecy, but she needed to get rid of that man. She couldn't have used her because of his background. The only option to do that would have been to convince the dukedom, which wouldn't have happened. If let out, the pig man would have started plotting against Helvetica again. Now that he's dead with a "plausible" honourable explanation, I doubt the dukedom would anymore care, unless the duke desperately wants to get rid of Helvetica. However, if that was the case, they wouldn't have left it to Martha. I also suspect the duke wouldn't want to piss of a certain S ranked adventurer by moving against Helvetica openly.

On one hand don't like she went back on her word of letting him live. On the other hand, I think the guy needed to die and find it refreshing a leader in a manga actually knows when a backstabber needs to be executed for the good of the state for a change. So points to her.

Gotta love people saying he should have killed the kid, can you just repeat that in you head for a bit see how stupid that can sound?

Helvetica : "It was... a long night"
Me : *check the chapters and see the night started at ch.19, 6 months ago*... Indeed ^^'
Thank you for the translation ! :)

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo
Don't forget what got her to this decision. She got almost assassinated 2 times, the terrorist-loli used her family as undead forces against her, fat noble tried to overtake their lands because "lol women, can't even deal with a little attack that I totally not staged". It was basically few days without any rest with constant attacks both physically and mentally. I would be surprised if she remained sane and "pure" the same way she was before the attack. And even now she acted quite rationally by getting as much info as she can from the fatso and then killing him with the story that's quite believable since not too long ago he came to them with his army to help them against the mysterious attack (which, again, he staged himself).
Yes, the "he was patrolling" story is quite weak, but it still makes kinda sense and I think she wouldn't get anything better in her current mental state.

Dex-chan lover
So.... What do we get from this 6 months, some obviously evil lord got slain and the terrorist duo got off with no consequence?

Oh and all this sub arc happen because our mc just want to get to the main city?

what accusations? what proof ?

he was closely associated with the necromancer that attacked the mansion and town twice

his subordinate attacked the county lord family and tried to assassinate the county lord

oh yeah and his subordinates desecrated the body of the departed including the former county lord

thats enough for a friendly round of torture if not straight execution for extreme negligence in the line of duty (obligations and duties as a noble)

but having the fatty go quietly into the night and dissappear after such a vicious undead attack is also a good option ... less embarrassing questions to answer especially towards the kingdom/empire he was affiliated with (just include a short investigation with the report of his death and no one will ask anything)

Dex-chan lover
So his parents named him Martha? Well, I suppose he should be thankful he doesn't have to live with that name anymore.

@Abetillo Her killing him had nothing to do with stratergy it was more about her over coming the idea that everyone could be reasoned with. Like she mentioned her original thinking was very naive this step was meant to show that she had "grown up" and was willing to play dirty to win. Besides he was responsible for trying to kill her family and with all his connections leaving him alive is way too risky. Also most of what you mentioned would matter if he was simply killed but the rumour of a heroic death offsets any possible fallout. We also have no idea of how many people that actually saw him were working for her, killing him was the most efficient way of ending it as with his death the people following him would lose their backer and the ones who have doubts about how he was killed wouldn't voice their concerns as they would risk being killed themselves.

Fed-Kun's army
Noble + fat + moustache + arrogant = villain

Also, do Helvetica and her foreigner husband Omar "Sans" Serif have a daughter, Ariel, and a son, Calibri?

Cool backhalf, just fuck that dude, but all I could think is after saving the kid is

"Local Man Can't stop Adopting Children. Somebody stop him he's growing too powerful."

Dex-chan lover
@Raguel Too true. He's got Angie, her party, the noble girls, and now a tiny Russian magician. I'm guessing a new type of beast person next.

Dex-chan lover
@crokto
Untill you realize that common people just complain without doing anything to change their situation, without being made to act by a leader, it does look retarted.
If you just knew what was being said there you would, maybe, understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread