CF causes 503 on exposed API/RSS

CF anti-ddos active on the API and RSS is making it so anything consuming the API/RSS (discord bots, RSS readers etc) fails with 503.
Currently "manageable" through manual spoofing of CF GUID & User-Agent, but this is completely broken behaviour (as the point of an API is for it to be consumed by programs).

EDIT:
Right, now that I actually look at things there isn't an official API and I'm retarded
Can an exception be made for RSS?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
If we make an exception to RSS then the DDoS bots are just going to start smashing it instead. This is a temporary measure anyway.

Sure, apologies again from assuming an official API, as I just looked through npm pkgs
Are there any plans on exposing it? It'd be nice to have dev support as well as not have to tiptoe with RSS, but if not that's fine as well

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The current API is really not much, it's essentially just for getting basic stuff for the reader. There's a proper API coming hopefully sometime this month, although initially it'll be readonly and won't yet cover all the data on the site, comments being probably the most obvious omission. We'll be working on it though, the goal is to eventually rewrite all the old ajax functions to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread