Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 8 Ch. 159 - This Concubine's Daughter is Venomous -- Discard others to preserve reputation

Aggregator gang
I will not admit defeat! *Proceeds to slit wrists and bleed out* *dies* *becomes ghost* *Haunts MC* *I HAVE NOT BEEN DEFEATED!!!!!*
XD I know it's a plot, but it feels ironic that dangerous self-harm is her choice of not admitting defeat hahahaha.
Also, I saw that blush.... But then the emperor compared her to his mother..... So which is it!? Romantic interest....? Or appreciation for her similarities but definitely don't want to marry because, um, gross?
Thanks for the chapter~

@4sarah1212 it's probably something like a minor oedipus complex combined with budding interest in romance. After all, why pick one of the scheming harpies which will inevitably bring drama when he can just pick the (not actually blood related) cousin(?) who is strong, straightforward and determined like his mother.

either that or it's non-romantic attraction

Contributor
Holy shit, that complex of the emperor is as big as the whole wide world.

@Titanama
it's certainly true that the emperor is the biggest fish in the sea, but if you're equipped to catch sardines you shouldn't try to catch a whale shark...

Dude she is similar because she is literally your mom. But really there's gonna be a romance between them?? That's kind of weird but okay....

Also that girl, are you slitting your wrist?? Do you even think what if you die? Well i don't care, rather I'd like it if she just slits her throat but it's still so dumb

EVERYONE CHILL the dude and luxia are gonna marry but it's like, friends with friends. BARELY ANY ROMANCE just sweetness ♡◇♡

@Heenimakira I'm pretty sure (edited for correction)
he comes to realize afterwards. There's no real romance though, as she yeets out of the world on their wedding day.

yall aware that it is actually common for people to find romantic interest in people similar to our parents if we have a good relationship with them? Of course the dude will admire a woman as cunning and brilliant as his mom, it's less of a complex and more of an addoration towards his moms skills.

Think of it like someone complimenting their significant other with 'Your food tastes like my mothers homecooking'

This concubine's daughter really is ruthless! To think that she would even go so far as to harm her self, truly viscous!

she cut her wrist? Nah, we stopped doing that after the 1800's there's no way to remove that filthy blood of yours 😜

Users who are viewing this thread