Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 8 Ch. 168 - This Concubine's Daughter is Venomous -- Blood is thicker than water

I'm surprised Mingyue got life imprisonment. I mean this chapter itself already mentions to tell you deceiving the emperor means death. Not to mention the everything else that could probably warrant death penalty in this type of society.

Dex-chan lover
@almirage Maybe as a favour to Luxia since she asked to take her sister home and let their father *bzzt* not do a goddamn thing about it *bzzt* I mean deliver punishment.

Fed-Kun's army
gg, this arc had a more competent villainess

@Almirage yea me too but it may have to do with how shes a "noble" and usually its not execution as punishment for a noble- they did kinda lie to the emperor but ddnt cause harm

Dex-chan lover
@eminyan Competent, yes, but nonetheless deserved. She killed her own mother, ffs. Maybe not directly from her own hands, but still.

It's been awhile since we've had a truly evil bitch to take down, some of the others were selfish and stupid but no where near this level of just inhumane.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay. I thought this arc would be stale with the return of her in the same era of when she was Empress Mother. However, this "retribution" was on point! Wallowing in her self-arrogance while at the same time her self-pity, after killing her own mother and other innocents, for her greed -- she gets sent to a life-time in prison, after being publicly denounced from her own family by an imperial decree. That is definitely the way to put an end to a truly evil idiot.

Anyone else a little shell shocked at the fact that she "kissed" him and agreed to become Empress? I mean, she's practically his mother... I get it, some of you out there find that type of kink, hot. However, I'll find it weird if she agrees to his proposal, gets married, and has children with him. SUPER WEIRD!

Double-page supporter
@codydub03 while I agree it’s weird it’s a technical pass as it’s both her mission and he doesn’t have any knowledge of the system.

@codydub03 she honestly doesn't care, these people aren't real, nor has she become attached. She is simply doing her mission.

Users who are viewing this thread