Cheating Men Must Die

one of the classic revenge mangas but it has a few downsides
1. it’s being milked past 200 chapters
2. the arcs are ungodly long
3. it’s a chinese one and interpret that how you like

I finally understand what's bothering me with this arc. It's not that Nanako is way over the top (she's actually entertaining in way), no. It's the fact that every other character in this universe has 0 agency, no morals, and tend to be really dumb. The affection points system makes it so that every interaction feels fake, unlike what we had in the various novels. They're not even real characters, just ... yeah, computer programs. Very influenceable and unlikable computer programs. Because of this, it makes me want MC to just leave this world and watch it get destroyed. There's nothing good to retain from it.
Since the 3rd ML has still to make an appearance, I guess that means this will be another painfully long arc ... I miss the earlier arcs. The story just gets more and more different from its original concept (see title).

(203) I love this series but I hate this ark. With the MC fighting the girl over some guys is just boring and too slow. This is however just the dirt left on the gold...

I really loved this series but the last two arks just suck. especially this current one. with the constant fighting over some guy you couldn't give two fucks about.

This arc is my most hated arc! I'm so irritated on how these dudes are easily seduced by the harpy. I just Su Lüxia to say “fuck it” and leave

Mildly satisfying, a good way to pass time. It's nice to see the MC deal with annoying tropes and typical social unfairness.

It isn't perfect though. She can be judgmental and somewhat hypocritical at times. Sometimes there are eyebrow-raising moments where you go "hey... isn't that a little too much?" or "wait wtf", which she never really reflects back on.

In the first arc, she had framed an innocent guy for something he didn't do and got him killed for it. In the latest arc, she victim-blamed a guy being sexual harassed.

A lot of characters are one dimensional and so far, only two are memorable. Maybe three. Some gave vibes of interesting sequels, but were never seen again. The end-of-chapter chatrooms are filled with people that make you go "who???" and the occasional recognizable character. Out of pretty much everyone, only one has actually thought of their bad actions and had a memorable redemption arc.

One guy became partially self-aware of bad writing, and had an ominous final chapter that never came back up in a while. This one girl was given a decent amount of character development with personal growth through the realization of bad authority figures, and never came up again despite her sad/hopeful sendoff. Su Luxia has an interesting backstory, but we never really see much of her personal character development.

Also, well. Other comments here are already explaining why the latest arc is so bad. I really hope this doesn't drag very long. The rival isn't even interesting or terrifying, just annoying.

Still. Given how other manhua can be like, this is great in comparison and a pretty good way to deal with tropes in Chinese media. From what I've heard, it's apparently been good enough to have a lot of ripoffs. There's also a reason why I made it to the latest chapter.

cnd

I wonder if Su Luxias will win this universe by winning Nanako's heart. That would be an interesting twist tbh.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know if anyone mentioned this already but the youtube channel animation Dong animates this manhwa! It's pretty good and with english sub.

Users who are viewing this thread