Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin - Vol. 8 Ch. 39.2

Dex-chan lover
Her: This is the Hero’s relic. Take care of it.
MC: Aye, kitchen knife.

Dex-chan lover
@Elma_ not really, at the end of ch 39. we saw her forcing the contract on him, and the start of this one we see what happened

Hlz

@quitelot88 You aint gonna have much luck trying to find a non harem isekai story from shonen category unfortunately.. Isekai genre is just one massive hoard of cliched power fantasy and harem fiascos.

@icekatze And what punishment do you suggest for a person who's merely manipulated people so she could have a family? And erased their memories so that they woudn't have to suffer? You're acting like she enslaved the entire village to be her pawns, worked them to exaustion and treated them like mere food.

Double-page supporter
Nea's annoying cute. In the sense that you don't really want to admit she's cute, but ... she's cute.

🤕So the author wasted 10+ chapters on this arc for literally fucking nothing.🤕
Absolutely dropped.

EDIT: Thank you for your responses as they made me reread through the arc and realize it is actually much worse than I first thought. MC gets saved by the power of friendship three times and the Villain of the Arc, brain damaged vampire-kin necromancer girl, literally has no repercussions for kidnapping, brainwashing, enslaving, and quite possibly murdering townsfolk and travelers for an unknown amount of years wherever she went. The addition of this person to the party was unnecessary and the contract spell was a dumb plot device but what am I really expecting from a shonen series.

You dont suddenly become part of the "elite" just because you defended poor quality writing on a manga site but thank you again for the input.

So that explains the weird line about her spending a lifetime as a owl watching the villagers, that part of her history did stick out like a sore thumb when thinking about her past.

@BloodySorcerer wasn't it said she was kidnapping travelers around the village, keeping them there for months or even years and finally releasing them after erasing their memories? (It was mentioned in ch. 28 and proved by her attempt to abduct the MC and his friends)
If it's fine with you, would you mind living in my basement and working as my slave for few years? I promise to submit to the same punishment as her when I'm done toying you around. I mean... what would this punishment be? Being forgotten by people I enslaved? I will gladly accept this punishment. I'd even count it as a favor as it would help me avoid revenge from the people I hurt. Was there any other punishment?

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer
"merely manipulated people so she could have a family?" Huh? You did read the part about summoning zombies, almost destroying the world by raising an evil dragon, stealing people's secrets through mind control, and turning people's friends against each other, right? She did all kinds of evil deeds.

At the very least, she deserves some prison time, and or rehabilitative training, like the black knight from the first arc.

The notion that erasing someone's memories is a kindness is also super messed up, in a lot of different ways. Maybe there are people out there that would willingly take the Soma and enjoy the brave new world that comes out of it, and if the villagers had consented to it, that wouldn't be the worst thing. But memories are one of the core fixtures of what makes a person who they are. If someone wants to cut away at a person until there's nothing remotely painful left, they're not going to have much person remaining by the end.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! One small nitpick though, why did he say that they called them "Japanese Swords"? Why not just say "Katana"? Was that some weird translation thing?

Users who are viewing this thread