Choose Your Own Adventure: Professional Hitwoman

E: What is a charming young lady like you doing all alone in this restaurant? Are you lost?
Would you like to taste my special juice? Do you want onee-san to pat you head?

Dex-chan lover
E. Let’s try to get to know the target better. We approach and ask if her parents are around (or if she has any for that matter) to give off that “concerned stranger vibe”. Some more information would probably be enough to determine if we should do the job or not.

Dex-chan lover
E) Is this actually your employer instead? No random rich kid would go into a family restaurant by themselves unless they were planning to meet someone, ran away from home were instructed to be there by someoneelse or lastly extremely mature and evil (which would not let herself be unguarded)

In the first case, it might be your employer or the proxy of your employer to give proper details/Find your details and murder you. She may also be meeting some shady characters who may chase you if you murder their associate.

Second case, your employer may have forced her to runaway or knew about her running away to steal her family company/inheritance etc. In which case. A jobs a Job.

3rd case, similar to 1st case

Last case, you might be unable to handle any particular party tricks she may have. Have you checked whether her gait coming had any deviation to one side, or that the other patrons/employees were acting strange.

But hey, you got advance pay, kill her and go on a vacation if things get hairy.

B for boo-oh I did that already

We kinda know from "very short+got hairpin" description that the target would be a child, probably girl. We didn't object then, it's 11, let's do this.

Dex-chan lover
serveimage

You look away from the girl back to the soft drink and bowl of fries sitting on your table. Perhaps it was the odd circumstances in which the job was requested, but you somehow feel inclined to be more cautious than usual on this particular hit. The caller on the phone had followed your protocols by the letter, and had been very clear in their request to kill and dispose of the target wearing the hairpin. Not to mention the girl didn't give you any particular sign or acknowledgement when she walked in ten minutes ago, nor did she act in a suspicious manner. Still, the fact that both the caller and target are children feels like an odd coincidence. Of course, they could just be acquaintances, or the former just a proxy for someone else, but you feel the need to take this particular hit a little slower, to clarify the situation a little. After all, the only thing that could affect your reputation more than "willing to kill little girls" would be "willing to kill bystanders who also happen to be little girls"

Finally, after a reasonable amount of time has passed, you get up and approach her table. As you make your way towards the booth, you quickly scan the room for any telltale reactions by other, potentially involved customers. As expected from a restaurant at 11 on a Tuesday, most of the seats are empty, although you probably wouldn't guess from the noise. Four highschool girls are loudly chatting with each other a few booths over from where the child sits. An office lady and two salarymen appear to be having a heated business discussion over a folder full of papers next to where you were sitting, having been at it since you first walked into the restaurant. One of the waitresses barely acknowledges your presence, before going back to cleaning a nearby table. The only person whose eye you catch is a scuzzy-looking old man who, after clumsily pretending to look away, gets a long look of your rear as you walk past.

"Excuse me dear," you ask the girl, dialing up your "concerned stranger" persona at its most motherly. "You've been here on your own for a while. Is everything all right?"

She looks up at you, wide-eyed, before looking down at her feet bashfully. She gives a slight nod. "Are your parents here? Or are you waiting for someone?" you ask, trying again. The girl only shakes her head twice in response. Tight-lipped, isn't she?

More than the answer, you're interested in hearing her voice, to see if it matches the one on the phone. Looks like she's not willing to play nicely, though.

A) Insist. There's gotta be something you can say that will get her to speak.
B) A job's a job; this is as good a chance as you're going to get, and you're going to start attracting attention before long. Time to take her out.
C) Apologize and return to your chips, to plan your next move.
D) This whole job stinks of ulterior motives, from the suspicious request to the nature of the job. You're leaving before you do something you can't escape from easily.
E) [Write-in]

Dex-chan lover
D)

There's old assassins
and then there's bold assassins,
but there's never both.

E) Take her out with our "insurance", then remove her "body" as per request. Let's see what traps might get sprung at us, but leave enough of the way out to either explain away her being asleep and kill her later if all is clear.

Dex-chan lover
A) Say you'll call the police about a lost child and how they'll drag to a police station. Bold Assassins know the most dangerous move is the safest.

If she is a proxy or meeting someone, she'll refuse. Step one step back and hold your phone to your ear. She'll either tell you to stop or try to grab your phone or both.

1. If she tells you to stop, you can confirm that she is your employer or not. Go down the Onee-Chan route and ascertain whats happening by asking her if she is, if not kill her.
2. If she grabs your phone but doesn't yell at you; she understands you want to hear her voice. She is suspicious and must be killed.
3. If she doesn't react, she's either extremely timid, or malicious planning her next move, from your sudden action. Well lets just kill her anyways if your wrong you can also pay "Dad a little more, to dispose the body" besides you already have a body mover in the original plan so its not like you have to drag her body through half the city.

Besides if kid was your employer, she would have recognised your voice or atleast be cheerful/can pretend to be cheerful whilst talking to strangers from the phonecall. Kid is def not your employer. So fair game.

P.s fellow MDs, I'm breaking down the situation to make correct choice, it's not like I particularly like killing little girls. I just don't feel that the label of little girl should affect my likelihood of killing them.

Group Leader
E) Take her out with our "insurance", then remove her "body" as per request. Let's see what traps might get sprung at us, but leave enough of the way out to either explain away her being asleep and kill her later if all is clear.

This, if you're killing lolis you're doing it wrong.
You're obviously supposed to make them unconcious and kidnap them

A: Compliment her hairpin.

I think I figured out the plot.

-Whoaa, your hairpin is so cuuuute, can you lend it to me, please!
-(Shakes her head negatively)
-Oh come on, I promise I won’t break it!
-(Shakes her head negatively)
-Well okay then.

-Later-

-Daddy daddy, there is this girl at my school who is suuuuper mean to me, can you send one of your hitman pleaaaase?
-Listen kid, you’re already 10 years old, you should start to learn to resolve your problem yourself.
So, I will pay for the Hitman, but you will have to contact him yourself. Okay?
-Okay… :pout:

Dex-chan lover
aki-shizuha-touhou-drawn-by-onikobe-rin-ea9a63a3a80fbb0ac1e30.jpg

Pretending to sigh, you pull up a seat opposite of the little girl. "Look, I'm not going to ask why you're dressed like that and not in school right now, but you have to understand, a girl your age shouldn't be out on her own like this. I could very well call the police right now, you know?" you scold her. "What would your parents say if a police officer had to accompany you back home?" The last line in particular seems to get a small reaction out of her, as she looks down to avoid your gaze. Still not speaking, though.

A few awkward minutes pass by this way. Suddenly standing up, you move back to your table to grab your basket of fries. "Look, I'm sorry." you apologize, carefully laying them out at the table's center between you and the girl, before taking your seat again. "I don't want you to think I'm saying this to be mean. But if you just stay here by yourself and don't tell people anything, it's natural they'll get concerned." You grab a fry from the basket and stuff it in your mouth. Seeing her eyes take notice of this, you nudge the plate a little towards her. "Help yourself. I don't mind."

Like a wild animal, the girl first takes a few sniffs at the food, before tentatively reaching out. Then, shaking her head vigorously, she thinks better of it, grabbing her cup of juice instead and taking a long gulp from it. You can't help but laugh at the scene. "I can't say you made the wrong decision" you chuckle. "There was this time in highschool when I got hooked on this kind of junk food. It took me two whole years of working out just to get rid of the extra we-"

With a noisy thunk, the girl's head comes crashing down against the table. A new record. Fortunately, a particularly loud laugh from the girls playing hooky drowns out the noise. Feeling the now empty vial hidden in the palm of your hand, you wonder if you might have gone a little overboard when spiking the child's drink. Then again, you only had a few seconds time to do so when setting down the fries, so a slight misdosage was to be expected.

-----

Speaking about things you were expecting, you suddenly feel you are being watched. You pre-empted the possibility of foul play by not fully committing to killing the girl just yet as much as knocking her out, but having the confirmation of it somehow still makes your hairs stand at an end. Spinning around, your eyes meet those of the office lady, staring straight at you from across the room. Acknowledging you, she flashes a wide grin, before giving a small, mock gesture of applause. Standing up, she tells a few words at the two "salarymen", who simply nod in reply. The woman then confidently approaches your table alone, taking the seat opposite of you without so much as an "excuse me". She gives a quick visual assessment the "corpse", then flashes a bright smile at you. "I'd been told you were good, but... Wow!" she exclaims "I almost didn't even see it take place!" You simply stay quiet, poised to react at the slightest sign of ill intentions.

"You must forgive the circumstances through which I've arranged this meeting." she apologizes, slightly bowing her head a few times. Her smile however remains completely unfazed. " I hope the sum paid in advance will be enough to make up for the wasted time and resources. With the amount invested into this, I couldn't just assign this job to anyone short of a... True professional. You must understand. Of course, I can perfectly understand your own suspicions, and how you could have just as easily tried to kill this girl instead of merely knocking her out. It will not impact your assessment or payment." She bows apologetically again a few times.

Ack, this type of employer. You feel yourself visibly grimace. You've fortunately not had to deal with their ilk much throughout your career, but every time you've had to it's been an absolute chore. All "that was just a test" this, "get to know you a little better" that. You'd much rather have your employers' involvement go no further than giving you a name, a place and a sum of cash. Still, regarding the latter at least this woman has proven to perhaps be a little more worth your attention than usual.

"Nana." the woman suddenly snaps, turning towards the collapsed body of the girl. "Sit up straight. You are being very rude towards the woman who's been kind enough to lend her skills and time here." With what seems to be every ounce of her strength, the girl slowly manages to lift herself up from the table, digging her fingernails into her palms in an effort to fight against the drug's effect. She barely seems to be able to keep her eyes open, as her head sways dangerously from side to side. "You must forgive her incompetence, Miss." apologizes yet again the woman. "But I'm afraid it is that incompetence itself that this job actually concerns."

You don't like where this seems to be going...

A) A job's a job; might as well milk this cash cow for all it's worth. Not to mention you're still not exactly sure where the kid figures in this, although you have a hunch.
B) Mutual distrust and extra baggage is hardly a good basis for a professional partnership. If there ever was a chance to bow out, now that you're apparently face-to-face with your employer(?) is as good a chance as any.
C) [Write-in]

Dex-chan lover
C)

A job is a job
but my pockets are empty.
Thus, it's haggle time.

Dex-chan lover
C) Your employer is a socialpath who doesn't care for the lives of anyone around her.

These types of people are either extremely selfish or extremely apathetic.
Employer falls in the first catergory. As seen in her introduction of the little girl. She obviously holds hatred towards the little girl or she will not point her imcompetence; merely command. Perhaps she failed her previously thus an annoyance.

Socialpaths have benefits you can take advantage of. First off, state that your job was to kill the little girl; thus you should get paid the full amount and then negotiate the next deal.(obviously with higher rates cause she lacks the manners to contact "Dad" for the job and instead approached you directly).
If she refuses saying you didn't kill the little girl. Move into kill the little girl.

If she stops you, then the girl is an unfinished product for her boss/es. (Important people don't meet hitmen outside, your employer obviously hasn't reached that milestone yet/Also Nana might mean 7 so maybe an experiment or training program).

If she agrees, then say the girls life is yours and take custody of her (so you can grab info from her afterwards). If employers saids no to you taking custody ; welp kill the little girl and get your reward for the job.

Note: Remember the kid from the phonecall, if its not Nana then it must be someoneelse. The personalities are too different.

C. Invest in real estate.
A. You can't run away from the plot.

The kid is an (incompetent) assassin.
She failed her mission.
So, it is our job to repair her mistake.
This is why it was Ok for her to die in the “test”.

The target will probably be on its guard now.
It will be an hard job, but nothing is too hard for the adorable star of the hitman world.

C) Talk things out, see where this is going, but be sure to have "dad" involve in the talk to have extra head making decisions

Points to talk would be
1.is this "job" consider complete and we'll be getting paid in full?
2.what job are they going to offer?
3.will there be anymore "test"? If so, we're out now. If there're any "secret test" after this, we'll be damanding at least twice the agreed amount for the "job".

This is basically A) milk the cow, really. Just with some directions for the talk we're about to have.

Dex-chan lover
Apologies for the walls of text, especially to anyone trying to get up to speed.

OL.png

You raise your hand, interrupting the "office lady" before she can start rattling off job details. "You know, miss." you say, not making any effort to hide your displeasure as you pull out both a flip-phone and a smartphone from your purse, setting them out neatly in front of you. You quickly digit a phone-number on the former, while setting the latter to its calculator function. "You are correct: I do not like wasting my time and resources, least of all over a job you seemingly did not intend for me to do. For future reference, please arrange this through the proper avenues next time. I can promise it will guarantee a smoother resolution to your issues. Not to mention being lighter on your bank account." You look up, smiling icily. The woman, for once, fails to return it.

The tense atmosphere is broken by a heavily distorted but nevertheless cheerful voice from your phone. "Hello, Dad here! What's the problem?"
"No problem, 'Dad'. It just seems there will be a few unexpected additions to today's job, and I wanted you to listen in. I hope this will not be a problem?" you ask with a tinge of sarcasm, looking back at the woman. She shakes her head: "Not at all."

"As I was saying..." the woman continues, her previous cheerfulness significantly dampened "I wanted to make an arrangement for a number of future jobs, expected to be about somewhere in the of 3 and 15: you will be considered as working on a full-time contract in this time, and will be paid a generous daily salary on top of your usual payments before and at the completion of each hit, including this one. There will also be an additional payment, a token of our goodwill, once we will have no longer need of your services. Of course, you will still have the final word as to whether you carry out a job or not, as is appropriate, no doubt. There is, however, a small but important condition. You are to collaborate with this child in each and every one of said hits. This part is non-negotiable."

She brightens up. "Of course, if you are concerned about her getting in the way, have no fear: the girl is well-trained, will know much about your targets, is resistant to a range of toxins and drugs, and will follow your requests to the letter. Not to mention, you are free to use her however you wish: test your poisons on her, use her as a decoy, a meatshield or a stress release, whatever. Even if there were to be an accident, we will quickly find an appropriate replacement once you supply us with the corpse for proof, so do not be concerned. The salary should easily cover any additional living expenses, and we will gladly provide you with any necessary documentation. As long as she participates to some degree in the jobs, we will deem it satisfactory." She smiles once more, expectantly.

You frown, tapping away at expected profits and expenses in the calculator. "No more tests?" you mutter, not looking up.
"Certainly!" she beams "You've more than proven yourself!"
You give a nod, before looking at her straight in the eye. "Price-wise, that's all well and good. Of course, you do understand that we will be claiming your original insurance payment for deliberately hiding the nature of this job, right? Which means we will require a new one, if I were to accept this."
The woman goes pale. "A-actually, we were hoping to have that be your payment for the next job. Err, to cover both the advance and completion. You understand, right...?"
"As I said: lighter on the bank account." you retort, matter-of-factly.

----------

The woman excuses herself for a moment, pulling out a phone from her breastpocket and moving back to join her co-workers. You lean back in your chair, looking at the scene as the three begin arguing with each other. A typical bully: quick to fold before the demands of anyone abover her, but just as likely to push around those she deems inferior. Moreso than herself, at least. Very likely not the actual person behind this whole operation, but you know that asking for more details regarding the reason behind everything won't yield much. A hitman rarely gets the benefit as to knowing the motive of a job, so the most you can really do is ensure no double-crossing takes place. You glance coldly at the little girl, any semblance of your previous "Concerned onee-san" persona now gone.

"What do you make of this, 'Dad'?" you ask out loud.
"Daily income AND pay for the jobs, just for looking after some brat they don't seem to care about? Sounds like a golden goose to me. If she's indeed willing to pony up to the end, this might just set you for life. Me too, perhaps, with my usual 5% cut." crackles back the voice on the other side of the phone.
"Hey now, spare me the 'one last job' crap." you reproach, half-jokingly.
"You know, even if she doesn't, I won't sneeze at getting my hands on that second insurance. Just saying."

The woman, trying to maintain a ghost of a smile on an increasingly distressed face, sits back down in front of you. "After some discussion, we agree to the compensation. We'll arrange a similar insurance payment for the following jobs."
"More than fair, you'll find!" you happily state, finding yourself a whole lot more agreeable than a few minutes ago.
"More than fair... Does that mean we have an agreement?"

A) "Sure! I love kids!"
B) "Nope! I just wanted to make it clear that you are not getting your money back for this job. Contact me again any time you want a proper hit done that doesn't involve babysitting."
C) "Hold on, we're not done here yet. I get to dictate the insurance payment this time around, and it won't just be money." [Write-in]

Dex-chan lover
"You are free to use her however you wish: test your poisons on her, use her as a decoy, a meatshield or a stress release, whatever".
A) "Sure! I love kids!"

Let's pat!
1453419688220.gif

A) "Sure! I love kids!"

We got what we want, let's not push our luck too far.
Also, I love kids!

Dex-chan lover
A) "Sure! I love kids!"

Wait I hear something,
a thunderous tremor here.
Ha, I'm in danger.

xAQw8pK.gif

Dex-chan lover
A) Welp I guess there's killing to be done but just not yet. Nothing I can add or break down.

(is it bad that I want to kill the little girl, just to see who the next lackey is.)

Users who are viewing this thread