• Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
@Speedphoenix If you remember our april fool's ad where it was the long thing in the banner, it'll pretty much just be placed there. Except mobile only. Not in the reader of course

@f8xct Patreon pretty much requires giving up all personal information and opens us up to legal action. Big no on that.

Group Leader
Will download the app specifically because it was described as "better than the average shitty mobile idle game"

Dex-chan lover
Ads revolution, can't wait to see "cute loli in your area" ads...
a869ae399f38c2dbf1496df05ccf344f.jpg

Group Leader
I'd turn off my adblocker if you guys ever decide to use ads on the desktop site too. I'd probably generate a nice amount of money for you guys with how much time I spend on this site lol.

Perhaps a J-list ad or something geared more toward the otaku culture would be nice. I don't really like Chinese mobile games ads since they are exactly the type I would see in an aggregator (among other shady/unknown ads) + I would never play a mobile game, but that's just me.

Group Leader
Maybe you should put a semaphore on new solo leveling chapters, where they'll be posted after a slight delay if another very big series (like komi san or kaguya sama) just released a chapter

Why don't open a patreon or any other subscription service? I'm sure a lot of people would be more than happy to contribute to this fantastic website

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Gongon2089 Like Ply said, we'd have to give them too much information.

Plus we'd get immediately yeeted off the platform.

J-list is known for its unintrusive ads. Though I can't say about the profitability, since this current option is more than likely going to make you a bunch of money. The chinese pay SUPER well, even for just a bit of publicity.

In any case, I'm happy I can FINALLY help you guys monetarily. As a member of the "Too fucking poor to expend ANY money on this hobby of mine" crew, I salute you.

Group Leader
Why don't open a patreon or any other subscription service? I'm sure a lot of people would be more than happy to contribute to this fantastic website
@Gongon2089

If you want Mangadex to close, this is a very good idea.

Group Leader
I'll turn off my adblocker and DL that game when the ads are up... but where's Plykiya (not)onlyfans?

On another note. Since I didn't really follow up on the drop of Paypal, is it still unviable even now that they started experimenting with crypto? Or is the issue just... Paypal? Because if it's the latter, I can see it.

PS: Holy crap @BraveDude8 THAT MUCH? I knew it was crazy, but DAMN that manhua pulls some traffic and a half.

Dex-chan lover
Ban new people.

I'm (mostly) kidding. I'm fine with the ad and would be willing to make another donation but I know nothing of these newfangled bitebills you have been using.

Group Leader
You're very welcome to run such temporary non-intrusive ads.
I believe a fair amount of people come here because they can't afford to pay (or don't want to) for mangas (and other forms of comics hosted on MD). Donating in crypto already limits who can/is able to donate. Affiliates are hard to come by (though running such ads may help to find some ?).
Running ads is likely the only realistic solution by now. I firmly believe MD team wants to avoid them as much as we do. Hence, I also believe you will manage them as good as you can.
I hope it works out well !

@f8xct Patreon is not possible, this is not a business and is definitely a greyish-illegal area. Mind yourself why Paypal is not possible anymore. Patreons are not donations, they are affiliated to a business/person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread