Votes: 4,192 65.3%
  • Ban Isekai

Votes: 2,230 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporter
@Plykiya Would it be possible to serve select manga, like Solo Leveling, only from MD@H? I know I have one of the $50 sdbx.moe VPS's that's hardly being used right now . . .

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Tigero8504 My profile picture was originally this image of Kizuna Ai https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3002468
I talked about how I wanted an avatar that personified my brain dead mouth breathing barely struggling to survive self, so I made the eyes more derpy, changed the A for Ai to a P for Ply, added stars in the eyes to fit my fetish, added the reindeer antlers and collar and nose to fit my fetish, animated the breathing, and that's about it

Supporter
Ban Solo Leveling, there problem solved.
Saves server bandwidth = no more ads. :p
Bonus: Screams of agony from fans...in an epic trolling move. :p

@Zephyrus
That's really good to hear, all my respect to you guys, not getting corrupted by all that potential dough. We couldn't wish for better people to manage this site.

happy you are taking this approach. But don't get greedy(which you are not BY FAR). If publishers fine out you are making good money they will try to take it, by taking you out.

I absolutely LOVE the transparency with this ad. Please do it for all other ads because I'm sure others people can be concerned over mobile game ads. I personally think maybe 1 week a month, do a banner ad.

Dex-chan lover
I hope that vote is for real and not just a joke 🤣
Also non-intrusive ad is fine. I kinda know this day would come sooner or later when the site exploded in popularity.

Dex-chan lover
The ideal ad would be for a service actually relevant to the site that's also not going to give people malware cancer if they click on it
And yet the ad you settled on was for Chinese-developed software.

You guys should send some twitter dms to some bigger millionaire anime fans, elon musk is known for liking anime. Maybe he can spare the cash and make a donation?

orp

>Ban Solo Leveling
>Ban Isekai

Clearly, the answer is to ban both.

Dex-chan lover
We're 7 pages in and no one has posted a why not both meme?
giphy.webp

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Plykiya
With the nose, antlers and choker, sound like you would get along very well with one of my classmates, he has a deer fursona lol.

Fed-Kun's army
We absolutely will not allow an ad company or an affiliate (if we ever sign on with one) dictate how MD is run. We would simply refuse to use said ad service or affiliate. We have worked too hard to allow a third party to get their grubby mitts on MD.

Based

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Richman See, I like monster girls, and I like horns, and I like antlers, and I like traps
With Reindeers, even the females grow antlers. That means you'd have a harder time telling male reindeer apart from female reindeer, which means male reindeer are the ultimate traps as opposed to deer, where the female don't grow antlers.

Dex-chan lover
There is no such thing as a non intrusive ad, especially not when it's an ad for Chinese ransomware.
Anything to avoid addressing the actual problem, I suppose.

I'm not against ads as well, i'm not in a position i can donate, so it's a way i (kinda) can help until i can donate (which i do want to get to once i'm financially stable for such).

I don't see ads per se as a problem. Intrusive type and such aside,
which i believe MangaDex management has enough common sense to avoid as much as possible (it's made very clear that even putting up ads is undesirable)
I think the real problem i have with manga hosting sites that have lots of ads is that they're proffiting on the back of the original author's work and fan-translators' goodwill from love of the series they work on. If the funds from any form of monetization are made transparent i don't see a problem with anything on that front. If MangaDdex was trying to make a profit with hosting manga through any means even if through donations, memberships and etc, uploading translations against tl groups' approval and such then it'd be like any other mangahosting site that just gets cash out of other people's goodwill, even if not through ads. So i don't think ads are a problem in itself, as long as MangaDex's policy doesn't change

Other then that, i just don't want ads in the middle of the reader (inside or between chapters) anywhere else is fine not that i think they'd do that anyway.

I'm all for a permanent ad spot personally. Especially if it can be made relevant. Like affiliate links to buy official translations or something even would be cool. Not sure how hard that would be but stuff that I think would still fit the site well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread