Dainana Maouji Jilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Ch. 10 - Price of Taboo (1)

Double-page supporter
i mean what he could do?
just throw chance he got to save 5 weak human?
this is very cruel for him indeed

Dex-chan lover
This kind of virginity is still a taboo, and the kind we were all thinking of has to be a taboo as well.

Now it's time for him to create his ultimate boss introduction!

Double-page supporter
Tiger is fine too.
e3rlci.jpg

Dex-chan lover
It's always win-win; when he kills humans it's a taboo for his human self, when he'll kill demons it will be a taboo for his demon self.
Damn, you just devalued the story to me. Quite significantly too. How could you.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still allowed to make a joke about it lol
And yeah I know I'm not one of those people that confuse fiction with real life so I wouldn't call people weird if they read weird mangas
hard to tell when someone's joking through text

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, but also keep in mind that the power of taboo is literally fueled by him doing things he shouldn't, and he says he's about to break a taboo right after talking about what demon society expects of him here. It was established in his original contract that going against his new life as a demon is considered taboo, even if he still sees himself as human, so I can see it both ways, honestly.

His expression makes me think he might kill the people, but on the other hand, there isn't much taboo about releasing them from their chains and then killing them regardless. If anything that's the least taboo option, because it follows the demons' expectations, while also giving the humans a more "honorable" death since they can fight back.
Yeah, that also crossed my mind... he will probably end up regretting any choice that he makes there.
But if someone hasn't understood by now that there's no way for the main goal of our MC (killing every single demon, loved ones included) to coexist with a no killing theme, as he was complaining... I still have my doubts if he and I were reading the same.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The last page went freaking hard.
The two face. It's really good.
The expression on his mouth goes well with both eyes if you try and cover one side.

Also, of course he's going to kill them.
With the wording, he wants to save them but he knows that he has to kill them.
Hence the pained expression.

noj

Yeah, but also keep in mind that the power of taboo is literally fueled by him doing things he shouldn't, and he says he's about to break a taboo right after talking about what demon society expects of him here. It was established in his original contract that going against his new life as a demon is considered taboo, even if he still sees himself as human, so I can see it both ways, honestly.

His expression makes me think he might kill the people, but on the other hand, there isn't much taboo about releasing them from their chains and then killing them regardless. If anything that's the least taboo option, because it follows the demons' expectations, while also giving the humans a more "honorable" death since they can fight back.
The "taboo" is a universal concept that is embodied in Antes. I dont think its based on his personal feelings or the feelings of Antes either. The universe knows hes a human hero Alexander so him killing humans is taboo. Even if no one around him knows it and it seems normal to the demons. He is in an interesting situation because he is also a Demon Prince. So him releasing the humans would be sorta taboo, but he likely wouldnt get as strong of a reaction since that is more expected. On the other hand him betraying his family in the end is still taboo because he admitted during the contract that despite his best efforts he had grown to care for them. So he is in the perfect position for this power. His existence is a contradiction itself.

Dex-chan lover
Still can’t get around Ante’s concept of taboo though.

Taboo is something people or culture forbid and they feel aversion against it. But it’s not like we can’t break it. Like, cannibalism would be taboo, but when push come to shove, we can do it, even if it’s not going to be good for our mental health.
Ante gain power from living thing breaking taboo, and her status as devil god is telling how often that happens because in the devil world, she is of the highest hierarchy.

What Ante demonstrated though is more like restriction, it’s shown as a power to forbid something.
It’s not the same thing as, for example, making someone feels so disgusted and against breathing; even if their mind know they need to, and their survival instinct is ringing the alarm, they don't want to.

As for the taboo, it seems to be measured by Alex’s subjective view. Although I still don’t like how it seems more like guilt or betrayal than taboo. When he massacred many of his subordinates, the people who put their loyalty and trust on him, and he had grew to like, his contract with Ante made his power grow significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread