Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 47 - The Nightmare Evolves

Dex-chan lover
Its regeneration was from molting, why would it regenerate the skin it was in the process of discarding?
It regenerated prior to the molting that led to the third head coming out; page 16 of last chapter shows its just-regenerated tail up in the air, dripping with typical regeneration-goo, while it's still a two-headed wyvern; then page 17 has Gaine looking back at the cut-off tail and say, "I'm sure I cut off its tail earlier..." right before he gets swatted, and then it evolves and molts and becomes the three-headed variety on the last page.

Dex-chan lover
I believe in you Claus! You remind me of me facing Gleekos in Tears of the Kingdom. Giant, terrifying monsters, but when you have a strategy and equipment, you can take them down quickly.

And unlike Link, you embrace the harem!

Dex-chan lover
It regenerated prior to the molting that led to the third head coming out; page 16 of last chapter shows its just-regenerated tail up in the air, dripping with typical regeneration-goo, while it's still a two-headed wyvern; then page 17 has Gaine looking back at the cut-off tail and say, "I'm sure I cut off its tail earlier..." right before he gets swatted, and then it evolves and molts and becomes the three-headed variety on the last page.
Yeah, but then at the end of the chap it's made clear that the head growth is thought to be molting, and from the story beat it seems clear that the tail is supposed to be as well, rather than the author just introducing two separate types of regeneration for a creature within one page of each other. I assume the author wants us to think that similarly to how an animal doesn't molt its skin all at once instantaneously (a snake has to pull its molt off slowly from front to back), the dragon molted its tail before the head, so even when it was just two headed, it was in the process of molting.

But also, I just wouldn't think about it too much. Aside from the extra skin, there's the fact that there's no reason for the tail to need molting in the first place, because the purpose of molting is shedding a hard surface to let a squishy inner surface have area to grow before hardening again, and a severed limb has no limiting scales like that. Some molting animals like crabs can regrow limbs, but it's in spite of molting hindering it, not because of it.

Dex-chan lover
Gaine is dead? Good. Gaine survives? He's boned even harder, which is also good. This is a win/win no matter the outcome. His ass whooping was cathartic though. Based dragon.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
What's that, the asshole group are in over their head?

That can mean only one thing!

SEND IN THE OP MC!

Dex-chan lover
Ah, that delightful:
“I’m a Genius
Oh no!!”

Moment.

Also everyone knows you can’t kill an idiot… no wait was it idiots can’t catch colds?

Supporter
I wonder how long AutoBattle is going to take to kill a calamity.

For that matter how long will it take for it to kill a god?
Sure, the length could be considered an issue ( :meguusmug::meguusmug::meguusmug::meguusmug::meguusmug:), but there's always the initial problem that he needs to damage the thing before he can turn it on to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread