Darenidemo Dekiru Kage Kara Tasukeru Mao Tobatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Is there a reason he must behave or act like a jerk? Or is he just taking it out on the kids?

I know he is "babysit" all those spoiled kids but that's not how you handle kids.
If you don't teach the kids kindly (praise them when they work hard) but keep insulting them, they will never open up, listen to you or learn.
Especially the kids who are going through rebellious age.

It also makes no-sense that he keeps all of important information for himself.
Tell those girls they are weak to make them be more careful, be more co-op, to make them willing to train themselves, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@Loli_Omamoritai The reason is that he shouldn't have to teach them these things. They should've already learned these things before they go on a journey to kill the demon lord. Yes that's not how you treat kids, but there shouldn't be any kids in the first place. He's pretty much given up on them.

@Loli_Omamoritai The reason is that the sword and mage groups were suppose to send the best and competent fighters to assist the hero and the church. The Church fulfilled their obligation by sending in a high level High Priest but the Sword king only sent his Daughter who has no MP and basically can't use any combat skills and a Mage that can only use one type of magic. This is probably some stupid attempt at prestige, to get rid of the problem childs permenantly, or to get a solution to those two's issue without doing anything

Dex-chan lover
@RunicEX that's all the more reason to teach them, though. Him being a jerk is just making more enemies when he's already been more or less abandoned by everyone.

If the intention is to have the Church take the fall, then there aren't many ways to get out of that besides actually making the party competent and liking the Church. Going along with the premise of the manga and letting himself get kicked out but still helping them succeed only hurts the Church's reputation.

@cryum @Loli_Omamoritai
I know he acts like a jerk but I think he has reason to be harsh with them. Maybe its ultra tough love. The hero was told he was special and the others were only told that it’s a great honour to be with the hero. He can’t work with people who don’t want to improve their flaws. They need to know they need help.

I would be fed up with the lack of skill the elders gave him when they only had one month before being attacked by demons. This is a different world after all. How many people can say they have killed something before they were 10y.o. They need to know this is life and death.

if i was this high priest i would flipped and would run far away from this party hero that has deep mental trauma wizard that has obsession for fire magic swordsman that has trained 1 year or less in totally different swordsmanship and has 0 mp its total nightmare if it was game it would be extreme hard difficulty plus you cant choose any occupation except priest

Dex-chan lover
@Bekka-m "tough love" would be being honest with them. Which he's not. While still taking potshots in what's basically taking out frustrations on them without making any effort to get them to stop frustrating him in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@daxrocket
@RunicEX
@Bekka-m

I remembered that I have watched a movie that a soldier/agent rescued the President's daughter in the Space Prison, a spoiled girl indeed.
He is rude but he is honest with her.
Tell her out-right that this isn't a game, it's life and death situation.
If she doesn't want to die, shut up and listen to him.
Yeah, I like him a lot.

You can't expect to protect someone if they don't co-op with you and don't let them know the situation.

Dex-chan lover
Yo this priest is super patient. If I were the priest I'd literally just tell the hero not to go after the dragon and explain the level of it. Hero would go anyways, while I have my back turned of course, and I'd make it barely in time to save the hero. Very unfortunate that the other 2 companions died, but now we may get some actually capable party members and the hero learns a lesson about taking shit seriously.

Dex-chan lover
and the swordwoman is a manuke... damn did you choose the hell difficulty?

the hero seems broken and also because the tag, seems like it will be worse than broken.
the mage, at the moment can just use fire magic.
the swordwoman, is a manuke and also change school recently.
the priest had 0 motivation before meting the hero party, and after his motivation seems to have gone into the negative.

and less than half of a month for the daemon lord to startup

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan oh don't worry bro it will get worse from now on from the novel the hero decided
to learn how to do most of the basic stuff priest can do like heal, lvl up blessing, barrier for camp ect. and then proceed to kick the priest only to realized later that they really need a priest

Double-page supporter
Reminder that they only have one month to get ready, that's not nearly enough time to train people from the ground up.

Dex-chan lover
@Loli_Omamoritai : Is there a reason he must behave or act like a jerk? Or is he just taking it out on the kids?

I haven't read the novel but I feel like the church representative did this just to punish the Crusader 1st Seat. There has to be reason why he got that title instead of high priest or something. I guessing the dude is more warrior jerk than a patient understanding priest type.

But then the rep didn't know that he was going to be saddled with 2 more kids instead of just one.
But the way the rep brushes off the MC every time the MC calls him makes me think he doesn't like the MC.

Like he was thinking, "I could give those kids the best priest or sister that could help them rise to the challenge...OR I could give them that fucktard who refuses to act like a proper priest but still is responsible enough to follow orders. Yeah, that would be perfect. He will keep them alive while suffering and since he's a freaking idiot he'll probably get on the hero's bad side as soon as they meet. And since he can probably wipe the Demon Lord on his own, there's no risk to the world. Ah, Perfect!"

and then after he gets the call from the MC about the 2 more kids he probably was thinking, "Thank you god! You heard my prayers! Increase that asshole's suffering with no risk to the world!"

Users who are viewing this thread