Darenidemo Dekiru Kage Kara Tasukeru Mao Tobatsu

The Main character misunderstood the hero's identity and personality so much but still the hero is annoying.

@Adventurersing It's been a while since I read the ln, but if recall correctly: she doesn't have a phobia or anything. if its discovered that she's a girl, it will cause all kinds of political complications. Her desire to only have women in the party is more about trust issues and her secret than anything else. Manga doesn't do a good job of explaining this, but they go into depth about this in the ln. Available in English on Amazon by the way! Watching ares be the defacto hero while todou screws around is a joy since the demons never see his underhanded schemes coming. I can't wait for to pick the ln back up when the next volume releases sometime next year.

Double-page supporter
What a disgusting piece of trash. I wish one day to find the author of this ln and whoever made this into a manga, and crush their hands with hammers. Never before have I been so disgusted to have read a series.

Everybody complaining about the hero's personality should just keep reading so you'll understand what the actual situation is. This is actually a really good manga that's giving us solid character development and plot.

So I don't know if this is an issue on the scanlators or the manga adaptation itself, but many scenes are very badly worded or explained.
For context, I have read the first volume of the light novel (Which covers chapters 1-13 of the manga).

One instance of this is when Amelia confronts Ares about his flaws as a teammate. The version on mangadex here says that he expects others to do what he is able to do. This is fundamentally the opposite of his core beliefs. He explicitly DOESN'T trust others to handle shared responsibilities. He is portrayed as a workaholic and prioritizes completing the mission over his personal well being.
In the light novel, there is a whole part where it's revealed the cardinal specifically asked Amelia to make sure Ares stays in good health. So she tricks him into taking a break one night and they share a drink together.

Another time, Ares is understanding why Amelia doesn't want to join the hero's party. The reason he states in this manga is that it's against the creed of the church. This isn't really the case, the reason stated in the light novel is that female priests who lose their virginity lose access to their holy techniques (magic). Maybe they wanted to keep it more PG by not writing that part in?

Nao decides to turn back from Golem Valley and head back into the forest to fight the demon not solely because it was the "duty" of the hero.
When their party found the wounded glacial (or greyshell lmao) plant, Ares repeatedly used Murderous Intent to stop the monster from getting up. The members of the party also experience this and concluded the user to be the thing that injured the plant. However, Aria recognizes the source of the murderous intent to NOT be a DEMON. So after Nao is informed of this, he decides to head back because the person the church will dispatch will be prepared for a demon, not some other monster

Regardless, the light novel this manga adapts is told mostly through the perspective of Ares and as such, is quite monologue heavy. This part is significantly cut in the manga adaptation (for obvious reasons) and I think the story greatly suffers greatly.

Just some rant I'd decided to go on because I recently finished vol 1 of the light novel.

@Knice thanks for the info. I might've bought the ln if i knew there's so much important information missing in the manga adaptation.

P.S for some random readers: Don't trust the rating in this site. This manga is great.

Group Leader
I started to hate this in the first few chapters because I thought it was some more annoying cliche bullshit. The asshole that makes the support leave the party cliche is probably the only isekai/fantasy cliche that makes me blasé to everything in a manga.

It has good pacing though, and good character building but only for Ares, really.

I just don’t see this ending within a reasonable number of chapters, but I guess we’ll see.

Dex-chan lover
Such a sad drop for me. The protagonist is very relatable to me as I am just as cynic.

But thats it, there is no other likeable character, everyone else is braindead.

ok she needs to hide her gender, understandable, but it doesn't change the fact that she has lower intelligence than a fucking snail...

Users who are viewing this thread