Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro! - Vol. 18 Ch. 134 - Senpai!! H-How did it go!?

Double-page supporter
It was so motivational that I forgot loosing was an option, since he lost it's more likely Nagatoro will as well, for that sweet matching pair xd

Dex-chan lover
I've always find the "if I win this I'll confess" thing ridiculous. Guaranteed win most of the time and because... just frickin confess already! Nice to see it actually fail this time, sorry for him.
I'm gonna be real mad though if he refuses to confess until he's number one.

Dex-chan lover
It was so motivational that I forgot loosing was an option, since he lost it's more likely Nagatoro will as well, for that sweet matching pair xd
Well if you want to introduce some drama, Nagatoro will win, and is happy being able to overturn her past regret. Meanwhile Senpai couldn't do the same for his battle, his insecurity rears its ugly head once again and he may have a depression episode, which may strain his relation with Nagatoro. She would be of the mindset "Who cares, you've done all your possible and you actually did great, 2nd place is nothing to sneeze" while Naoto would be "We've made a promise, Nagatoro fulfilled hers and I failed, I'm not worthy to be at her side"

Dex-chan lover
N1ogDHj.png

you know it's exhausting when even the hair is drooping like that :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
So, with Paisen in 2nd place my expectation is that even doing her best and hardest, Nagatoro meets Orihara in the finals and loses to her after a hard fought battle, but Orihara is happy because Nagatoro gave everything and left it all on the mat. Paisen and Nagatoro have a bit of a cry and decide that while they are both 2nd place losers at what they strived for, they are 1st place winners at love and finally give that kiss/confession to each other and console each other with their bodies, old fashioned 774-Nanashi style

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what happens next
Well, as per their bet, Machida has some nude modelling to do. Beyond that, we're either going to see him decide that he had only set beating Machida as the goalpost and confess, regardless of him having lost to someone else, or he's going to admit that he lost and Nagatoro is going to freak out thinking that he lost the bet with Machida.

This is where the ambiguity of how his challenge challenge was translated in an earlier chapter can really come back to bite the translators. With no clear target to the challenge in the earlier chapter due to localization efforts, Aihara is also party to the challenge as he was present in the group that Hachioji and Nagatoro were talking to as he issued the challenge to Machida. ("You" can be singular or plural, and has no specificity when used in a group setting even when trying to address an individual)

Dex-chan lover
it's okay, dont confess to nagatoro, you dont deserve her if you think winning the art is worth confessing to her. I don't like this arc.
For real, this entire arc of these morons putting arbitrary requirements to confess (Especially from Senpai's side, as I can understand Nagatoro a bit), have been a bore to read, to the point that I'm starting to consider if I should drop this or not, despite the fact that I've been following Nagatoro since 2012.

Senpai's mentality after CH109, reminds me of the confession in the manga Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, which happened roughly at the same time as CH109, in a similar situation of "One day, when I feel I'm ready, I'll confess"

The main difference is that in Anjou-San, the MC used his brain and went "Wait... one day? And when is that "One day"? And decided to confess at the spot, which spearheaded the manga into a much better territory.

But I guess it's unfair to compare them because Anjou-San is, IMO, a better written manga.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread