Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro! - Vol. 18 Ch. 134 - Senpai!! H-How did it go!?

Dex-chan lover
surprised he didn’t actually get first place painting Nagatoro. I think most likely the ranking for all the exams will be mixed. He could still end up being #1 overall or maybe first in something else. Machida mentioned that oil painting is just one part of the exam. I think Naoto just wanted to be first in at least one exam to confess though. Also I think Nagatoro isn’t going to be happy having Machida pose nude so I think she’ll pose nude with her.

Supporter
Did Naoto not top the objective portion of the mock exam, though? Should be enough along with the judged portion to finish first overall.

Supporter
Ok, but hold on, I need to touch on something else real fast.

Can we talk about how we're currently displaying one of the healthiest kinds of romantic relationship which almost never gets as much recognition as it deserves?

"Oh but they haven't confessed"- Shhhh, sit down. They kids, they a bit immature, that don't mind.

Hear me out.

We have two people, they don't have much in common, the one thing they do have is that they care for each other. And on that end, they're both egging each other to improve and do their best in their own interests while clearly enjoying each others company.

And that kids, is beautiful and the kind of relationship we should all be looking for out there.
Honestly, the trust and comfort in the train sequence between them...it was unthinkable a few years back. They're already there. "Confessing" is just a thing that's gonna happen naturally, regardless of any competition, bet or whatever. (It'll probably just pop out randomly like Uzaki-chan and they'll both be, like, "yeah, duh".)

Dex-chan lover
This manga really fell off huh? At this point only NTR could make it interesting again. Seeing the self insert MC getting cucked would be so sweet:smugnako:

Edit: Looks like I might be right after all!
1686313105487.png
Kneel to the bait

Double-page supporter
For real, this entire arc of these morons putting arbitrary requirements to confess (Especially from Senpai's side, as I can understand Nagatoro a bit), have been a bore to read, to the point that I'm starting to consider if I should drop this or not, despite the fact that I've been following Nagatoro since 2012.

Senpai's mentality after CH109, reminds me of the confession in the manga Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, which happened roughly at the same time as CH109, in a similar situation of "One day, when I feel I'm ready, I'll confess"

The main difference is that in Anjou-San, the MC used his brain and went "Wait... one day? And when is that "One day"? And decided to confess at the spot, which spearheaded the manga into a much better territory.

But I guess it's unfair to compare them because Anjou-San is, IMO, a better written manga.

Anjou is like 5 tiers below this one in every aspect, I got current with it and I'd classify it as outright bad

There's zero logical build up for any of the "progress", just "Well, X chapters, time for this to happen, then back to 10 more chapters of Anjou spilling hotpot on her tits"

Dex-chan lover
Who the hell is Aihara?
I recognize the surname as related to one of the other characters we've been following on in this arc, but I believe they're part of Nagatoro's end. Don't have any face to put it on the art school's side.

Dex-chan lover
This manga really fell off huh? At this point only NTR could make it interesting again. Seeing the self insert MC getting cucked would be so sweet:smugnako:

1686313105487.png
Don't worry man, I'm sure if you keep up this bit it'll be funny one day.

Not today, but maybe one day.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't know what to expect moving forward. Either someone will convince him that he should confess anyway or Nagatora wins and takes her prize, or she loses and they both decide that they suck and be depressed for a volume. Anything could happen.

Dex-chan lover

1686313105487.png
It’s wild that this got so many likes lol

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't know what to expect moving forward. Either someone will convince him that he should confess anyway or Nagatora wins and takes her prize, or she loses and they both decide that they suck and be depressed for a volume. Anything could happen.
Either way, this 'maybe I will maybe I won't' back and forth bullshit over confessing needs to come to a close, and fast. It's stale and needs resolution. The story doesn't need to end with them formally dating- that could, and should, only be a turning point.

Neither of them are going to like the other less if they don't win. If anything it would be a valuable life lesson for both of them that no matter how hard you try, someone else can still win.

What was that Picard quote? "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness—that is life."

Dex-chan lover
Wait thought he lost but then I checked his name again. Isn't he second? congrats.

Dex-chan lover
That you only think ntr could make this manga interesting, say a lot about you. Nothing good, I can assure you.
Liking NTR in general is a sign of a massive character defect but to mention it in the same sentences as this (type) of manga suggests he shouldn't be reading it in the first place. That's a whole 'nother level of derangement

Users who are viewing this thread