Doumo, Yuusha no Chichi desu. 〜Kono Tabi wa Gusoku ga Gomeiwaku wo Kakete, Moushiwake Arimasen〜 - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Ngl man, that conclusion was super weak, if his hero powers can instantly heal life threatening injuries then lightly beating him up has no consequences. I was honestly expecting the dad character to pull him into a grueling training arc where they beat his character back into shape lol.

Dex-chan lover
The dad didn't even tell him he was being manipulated by a demon, and he got all normal after she was killed.

The payoff this way could have been done right but it's completely discordant with all the setup we got.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't direct magical manipulation like with the girls, but she was still verbally making suggestions under the guise of advisor, and using the girls against him to further her goals.
Yeah, I made the comment because the other guy said "and he got all normal after she was killed." I took it to mean he thought Alka was being directly manipulated (edit; ensocelled) by the succubus, and thought that a clarification might make the situation make more sense and the chapter more enjoyable.

Personally I think the chapter falls flat even with full understanding though (but I can't put into words why).

Dex-chan lover
I thought the resolution was satisfying. Merc'ing the succubus and memory wipe was necessary and the father/son time was really good (though I wish I could've seen the beat down more lol).

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter 😀
A bit underwhelming since they off screen the gum gum gatling

Dex-chan lover
Page 7 gave me the "Son, I am disappoint" vibes, but I suck at image editing so... Yeah. :haa:

My disappointment is immense... son got beat up a bit, memories wiped for all the party members... dude has his sex drived amped a bit and thats a valid excuse for being a scumbag and you're gonna let him off with having to apologize, while in the same breath as saying hes gonna apoligize, he calls his abuse victim a nag? naaahhh... drop

Aggregator gang
Yeah, I'm with the others. This chapter was super disappointing. Anti-climatic af. Feels like he got off scott free. And his childhood friends just expected to take him back? Or we going to pull some convenient memory wiping on her too so he can live guilt free. Bleh, just leaves a bad taste.

Fed-Kun's army
Altered their memory (memory wipe) is very important in this case, here the advantage
1. Alka will not take any responsibility about their feeling (they will confuse since when they lost their virginity if they still have it before they join the hero)
2. If any of the 3 girl got pregnant, Alka will not take responsibility too
3. For a mother, addition for "non-trained by me" 3 daughter in law might spark some fight (this is unwanted), unlike Saaya-chan who is well trained by future mother in law, she is very obedient
4. If in this journey they painstakingly and successfully learn some new ability, after memory wipe when they got this "inspiration" and success for the first try, they will be happy because they think they're a genius

Users who are viewing this thread