Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 65 - Rabbit, Part II

Dex-chan lover
page 20 : note that her staff is withering .

the rabbits 's experiences must be very horrified : they are conscious , they can see , can hear , but their body is controlled and they cant run away , they can only wait until their necks get snapped , lol .

i dont know if marcille 's wish is naive , innocent , or dumb , selfish .

- marcille : i want to force everyone in the world to have the same short life-span as the hobbits : everyone dies when they are 30 - 40 years old .
- yo , no one is begging you to do that for us . you are just like thanos : i want to kill half the universe , for the greater goods .

page 15 : so basically , she uses chic chac and other corpses as her meat shields / human shields ? lol .

necromancer from diablo 2 :

latest

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, this chapter was f*cking hilarious!

And also touching at the end... Poor Marcille!

Lion is picking them off one by one. Well at least their desires. At first lion confronted Laius in his dreams where he showed his desire for a harmony with food and human. Now its absorbing Marcille's desire for equal lifespans. I predict that Chilchack will be next to show his desires.

I am pretty sure this panel in Ch. 62 (page 28) is showing the winged lion as one of the demons of old legends, along with the captain goat demon

Ph96bcG.jpg

Dex-chan lover
From the rabbits doing Street fighter moves on dead Chilchak and Marcille showing of her dance moves with the crew, to the sinister manipulating of Marcille's desire and her dealing with the death of all her friends except her, this chapter had quite the turnaround.

While Marcille did (maybe) make a contract with the winged lion, it's not quite at the level of desperation and desire of captain Misurn before that. Seeing that we've seen Laius and Marcille's desires from the dungeon, we might get to see the other members' desires too, though I can't really see any coming from Chilchak.

Well, this explains why Marcielle is so attached to Farilyn and her crew (to her their lives would pass in a blink). I might be reading too much into Marcielle's brief hesitation to resurrect Laius and co as mangaka-sensei's shipping technique but that would make Marcielle's extended lifespan even more tragic. Poor girl knows she is destined for despair.

Also, Lauis' sword monster makes far more sense too; as a dungeon monster it is subordinate to the winged lion and was guiding him to its seal in order to unbind its powers. So it begs the question, why is Thistle opposed to the unsealing of the winged lion? It seems to me a wish might have been made for a glorious kingdom (the fallen kingdom in this dungeon) and Thistle realised too late the power of the demon and sealed it. Farilyn and Thistle, the Winged Lion's half unsealing, the coming of the Canaries; there is a major convergence of plotlines coming up. I feel as though Thistle is what Marcielle will become if she attains too much dark magic (and she is drawn to use its powers as she has no sense of good or bad, just the pursuit of knowledge for her end goal of immortality for her friends).

Dex-chan lover
@ArtzarB elf souls be tasty, Slaanesh-certified

@Siquall well the succubus chapter shows Laius is into Marcille, but she prefers the good Captain.

@Migrad right? Their wishes are not mutually exclusive, the demon can drain them both! Or all, for that matter.

Dex-chan lover
Splended blend of Comedy, drama, and heft foreshadowing. This lion is by no means an ally. The devil will whisper hundreds, or even thousands of truths, to get you to believe one ultimately fateful lie.

Marcille's wish... is quite tragic. Not just because of the implications of her own fear, but because of the consequences of achieving such a goal. For as noble a wish it is to see every race be treated equally, there's definitely going to be backlash from the people who ultimately lost power using their lifespan as a weapon. A childish wish for world peace, but reality gives a big ol middle finger.
Also has people have already pointed out. Marcille's step into the dark arts is already heft foreshadowing for her to become the next mad sorcerer. I wish for this series to have a spectacular end, so do whatever you think is fit author!

Fed-Kun's army
Dang, thank you for the translations!!! I really love this manga!

Though, I can't help but think about Frieren about the lifespans and all that.

I guess BUER MEAT IS ON THE MENU, GUYS.

The Lion head with five legs in that panel in Ch62 is that of President Buer, one of the 72 demons mentioned in the Lesser Key of Solomon. (Ars Goetia).

Occult books are weird.

Dex-chan lover
They need rabbit's BBQ and soup to calm the mood

When the lion said "I've seen your greatest fear in your nightmare" its already been foreshadowing in Chapter 42 (Laius entering Marcille's dream)

Damn this was the funniest chapter in a while and also dark as hell. Brilliantly done.

Also Marcille now knows the pain of playing baba is you

Users who are viewing this thread