Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97 - Dungeon Meshi

Double-page supporter
nothing good ever lasts forever, especially not a meal as good as this one. a toast, to one of my favorite manga series! Let us rejoice the future feast that is the anime!

Dex-chan lover
Holy fuck! Perfect ending to a perfect manga.
I'm close to tearing up.

I cannot believe she stuck the landing that perfectly. This manga is a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
Goodbye, Dungeon Meshi.

I'd reread, but I think I'll just keep it fresh when I watch the anime next year.

Also, I sure hope that curse extends to Laios's corpse, or else that kingdom's in for a rude awakening once he dies and his monster-barrier repelling effect wears off.

Dex-chan lover
Fantastic ending by Ryoko-sensei. This is how you end an epic. I was there at the first chapter and enjoyed every bit of the way. Definitely going to miss Laius and friends.

I'll be looking forward to more of their work in the future!

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, what a good ending. Kui really nailed everything in her story, from beginning to end.

Dex-chan lover
IT'S OVER AUGH!! 😭 I'm so glad Falin came back to life! Also so funny that everyone didn't believe that Laios's true heart's desire was to bring back Falin of course it was actually the monsters lmao:lol: This manga was amazing to read from beginning to end. I'll miss reading it, now excuse me I gotta go eat <3

Dex-chan lover
really glad that everyone in and out of universe immediately realizes that there's no way his true heart's desire is to see his sister revived. good job on being genre-savvy everyone, we all have reading comprehension after all
I don't think that's quite it at all. "Greatest desire" not "true desire". Basically, his sister coming back is the most amazing buffet you'd ever see in your life while the monsters are getting to eat a proper meal every day for life. Certainly she's his greatest singular desire at that point in time, but in the long term getting her back is just a drop in the bucket.

Fed-Kun's army
So, that's it for now. I'll miss it, but wow, what a ride.

This is favorite adventure story in any medium, and the only one I've read so excitedly since I was a kid. It's just so funny, and there are so many lovable characters. (More Izutsumi! More!)

To the translators: I'm so grateful this landed with you. You nailed it. Whatever Kui does next, I'll be really happy if you guys are there too.

Supporter
Oh man, what a finale! I feel so lucky to have been able to read this. And we get an anime in just a few months, too?!?

Double-page supporter
the promise kept.
the prophecy fulfilled.
what was lost has come back.
and thus the Journey ended, for our dear Friends.

Aggregator gang
Cesare finished scanlation recently, and now this... sniff Thank you to the scanlators over all these years for bringing us this manga even after it got licensed. I hope we do get some more supplimental materials but it couldn't have possibly had a better ending.

Dex-chan lover
So ends one of the greats. What a wild ride it has been. A thank you to everyone who worked hard on the scanlations throughout the years!

Users who are viewing this thread